Romance is Magic! 1,731 members · 5,420 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I burned through all of the "Noses Know" series, by Irrespective, and I'm interested in more stories of the like where characters like Celestia or Luna (or even characters like the Mane 6) are paired up with like, just a guy. No one important, below them in station. Definitely prefer they don't end up becoming Alicorns as a "fix" for that issue. Any suggestions out there?

7971400 So, just to clarify, what you're looking for is a romance story where:

• The main female love interest is either one of the princess or a member of the main 6.
  • A regular stallion (not a ruler or official).
  • The stallion isn't turned into an alicorn.

Correct? :pinkiesmile:

Does the type of setting matter?

All of that is correct. I don't mind any setting.

I burned through all of the "Noses Know" series, by Irrespective, and I'm interested in more stories of the like where characters like Celestia or Luna (or even characters like the Mane 6) are paired up with like, just a guy. No one important, below them in station. Definitely prefer they don't end up becoming Alicorns as a "fix" for that issue. Any suggestions out there?

Why not pair up the 'nobody special' guy with another 'nobody'?

Because that's an entirely different kind of story than what I'm looking for? The story of a commoner struggling to fit in with the upper strata of society he's been unceremoniously thrust into was an interesting premise that "Nose" presented (and could've gone with highlighting more imo) and I'd like to see more of that.

I hope you don't mind that I included a tropical island setting after an apocalyptic disaster, but those were the requirements for ~the~ a contest I entered the story in.

THughbert Jellius' Secret Method For Surviving the Apocalypse (Breaking Ok-ish)
The secret to surviving the end of the world? An enormous 'economy size' jelly jar, big enough for a pony to hide inside. And don't forget to poke some air holes in the lid!
Mockingbirb · 2.9k words  ·  11  0 · 197 views

Definitely ships a regular 'commoner' pony with Princess Celestia, though!
:twilightsmile:

I don't know if Hughbert can be described as 'common', but it definitely fits the overall theme of the thread. Thanks for sharing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7