Ponification 1,407 members · 870 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Hey all,

Want to ask a hypothetical to all you writers and readers out there:

"You show up in Equestria; Ponifiyabled, of course. You want to change back and go home.

Your logical choice is too seek out a Princess, their reputation for being saged and powerful being the draw, like Dorothy and the Wizard. But you can't do that because ____________."

That is my question, why wouldn't you go see Celestia or Twilight?

Thoughts? Have you seen this done somewhere link me to it!!

Ponifiyabled

Um, what? I've never heard it called that, and I'm not sure I like it.

5033143 Yeah...not loving it. Any way, thoughts?

In reality it would be pretty far fetched to just up and believe that someone is a Being from Dimension X.
"Hey there princess, you're totally not going to believe this but Im from a race of bald apes that somehow randomly got transported to Equestria AND transformed into a pony. Thats totally believable due to magic, right? Will you help me get home?"
Rationally you'd be put into the loony bin. When was the last time you listened to some homeless guy going on and on about his home on New Rigel Prime VII?

5033124 Depends. If you're a brony? Not many reasons not to depending on your personal stance on the Princesses' benevolence.
Fear of being considered a fool? (Would you believe a random person claiming to be a space alien? Or pat him gently on the head and tell him not to drink/do drugs?) Not wanting to waste their time. Not wanting to push your issues on ponies that have enough on their plate...

If you aren't? Coming from a magicless world? Your options are apparently the rulers of the most power nation known who are apparently immortal and move Celestial objects actively twice a day, or the former student of one of said rulers, who has since become a ruler herself, a national hero who has faced off several decimation level events and won.

In addition to the previous list:
One part fear (the respect of a powerful figure kind, not the 'she's gonna kill me!' kind). One part general respect (you don't just walk up to the white house/parliament hill and ask to talk to the president/prime minister after all) , one part dismissive/disbelief (it is a massive shift in your world view after all). Concern about your status (you are an illegal dimensional alien, after all. Refugee at best, in the eyes of most laws.)

Some of the second batch apply to bronies too, actually...

Seeing the Princesses isn't exactly the logical choice unless you're a brony. Going to some college or magic researcher/caster (Twilight if in the ponyville environs) is the more logical option.

5033185 yeah. Now imagine their ramblings are true!:pinkiegasp:

5033185 5033203 One of the concepts I rarely see used in fics however is the idea of a truth potion/spell. We do know that magic can detect truth, as the cure to the Heart's Desire potion is a seed of truth, as seen in the cutie pox episode. People can argue that it'd only detect what is believed to be truth, but even then, the possibility of being a liar has been eliminated, and mental illnesses have recognizable symptoms!

Granted, it's a bit of a plot killer for certain authors, but in a world that was recently exposed to shapeshifting hostiles, you would think that ponies would develop ways to detect liars and transformed ponies.

I've used it both ways, once to detect if a random alicorn actually was one, and another where people don't put faith in truth potions because it only reflects beliefs. Really, I'm just saying.

A ponified human might also be suspicious of both Equestria as a society and of it's rulers, depending on their background ... it could easily seem too perfect, even if said human doesn't have issues with authority and/or difficulty trusting. Not to mention worries of getting dissected in some lab or something.

Some options are:

a) You don't speak the language
b) You're scared of Celestia and Twilight because of their fame/power
c) You secretly like being a pony, but haven't realized it yet
d) Chrysalis is hunting you and you don't trust anyone

5033652 Hmmm, I like those!

Well there are a few random ideas that require extra plot points, but part of the fun can be filling those in.

1- What if you show up in Equestria in some random out of the way town that was mentioned off hand like once. It could be miles from wherever Canterlot is, and what if there isn't even a train station? You'd have to find a way to traverse forest/jungle/dessert/etc by yourself, without really knowing where you are going. Unless you can hire a guide or something, you're in a bad spot.

Like imagine the Town from the season 5 opener. Where exactly is that? Do the ponies there have any clue where Ponyvill or Canterlot even is?

2- You show up as a pony and see a wanted poster with your face on it. Going to the Princess then might not be the best idea.

3- You're a little filly/colt, and it's not likely for anyone to believe you. :P

5033124 Why? Because I just don't care. Let me live my life!

5033124 If I was ponified, I'd probably do this

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15