Spike's Many Shippings 1,732 members · 3,682 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37

My favorite is Sparlight(Spike x Starlight): The two seem to genuinely enjoy each other’s company and they have a sweet bond. I feel like Spike and Starlight would be a genuinely healthy relationship overall if it ever became canon.

My least favorite would have to be Sparity(Spike x Rarity): I just prefer the two as friends.

Uh I don’t know what the ship names are, can you say who it is you’re shipping Spike with?

My fav ship would be Spiluna(Spike x Princess Luna) due to how much they had in common and how they click pretty goo in Sparkle's Seven and shown how interesting their interactions would be.

Not sure which Spike shipping is my least fav though.

i'm 100% a Sparity shipper, my least favourite is Spike and Gabby

Spilight Twilight x Spike.
Theyre partnership can sometimes feel reflected as marriage.
Sometimes I beleive Spike may have been not only assigned as her number one assistant but may have been the selected potential candidate to become her mate and co-ruler when she became a princess. Makes for a great romance.

Least favorite.....
Spike with himself lol
Yes there was a fic of him falling in love with his own reflection.

Are you sure Spike and Twilight aren't siblings though?

Also what is your least favorite Spike ship not involving him being shipped with himself(I'm a bit curious)

Not by blood
Still it wasn't proclaimed until the last season. Which many of us didn't like how certain things turned out. I stay in the events up until the movie.

there was a fic of him falling in love with his own reflection.

Would you happen to know the name of this story?

It was a long time ago. So no.

In fact I'd rather forget it. It was cringy

BTW I support your claim on Spike x Starlight
They're in my top 10 spike ships

Fav; Spike and Gabby (best chemistry)
Worst; Spike and Twi (for God's sake they're family)

Fav: Spike and Gabby
Worst and hated: Spike and Rarity

to me it is over use, boring, and very cringey at best

Okay well
My real least favorite would be......

I hate to admit it but I'll have to go with Sparity in the actual canon.
For the same reason as Hiroblade. Completely overused. Now as for the fictional Sparitys on this site. Ones with better settings where spike is more mature and Rarity is not too shallow, are my only exceptions. Which raises the bar on Sparity in my top 20 or 30 instead of top 10.

Also a good ship in my top 10

Favorite: Twispike. As an aside, I'm pretty bummed fics for this ship have dried up.
Least: Sparity. It really did overstay its welcome. Also, Rarity constantly taking advantage of him rubbed me the wrong way.

Fav: TwiSpike they go well together, like if they were made for each other.
Least fav: RariSpike, use to be a big fan, but throughout the series run, it just felt like he will just give and get nothing in return.

Amen to the Sparity thing, although I take it a little further. I so despise that ship that I actively avoid stories with that ship in it. My favorite ship is a tie between spike and applejack and spike and starlight.

Good to see people have plenty of good taste

Fav: Sparity

Might be the only ship I ever liked in any fandom

2nd fav: Spike x AJ

Least: Spike x Twi

They're siblings/son-mother. Them hooking up is just weird :rainbowlaugh:

FamousLastWords
Group Admin

I'm right there with you. Spike and Starlight is my fave big time. However, my least favorite is probably SpikexShining Armor. It's just too weird.

I think it was your Spike x Starlight cuddle fic that made me like the ship.

And Spike x Garble is even weirder lol

FamousLastWords
Group Admin

Yeah, I really love writing Spike and Starlight together. Even if it's just as friends, it's beyond fun to write them. I'm glad you appreciate it!

I'd say Sparity is my least favourite, for reasons that have already been mentioned many times before.
Despite that though, any shipping fic can be an enjoyable read if done well, even a Sparity one.

Nice.
It also shares the same spot with Spike x Nightmare Moon due to Luna and NMM are sides of the same coin.
Spike basically gets a two-in-one deal there.

Right?
Actually any princess Spike could hookup with is a double deal

Due something like Daybreaker and Midnight Sparkle too?

Truth be told I am a big fan of the Spike Rarity pairing
But I can be a fan of just about any pairing for Spike.
You have to Simply present it in a fun or dramatic way where it can seem plausible if you're trying to make it sound serious or it has to be goofy beyond all reason if it's going to be a crack pairing
I mean if Twilight can get it on with a scroll or multiple explosive Ordnance
( yes there are fanfics about that) anything can be possible.
Now if you're going to take Shadow the Edgehog paint him purple and green and call him Spike that doesn't count so some fanfic with Spike as the leader of a gang of motorcyclists doesn't count if he's with flitter and cloud chaser.

Apologies for long-winded rant.
But if I had to give 1 as be my least favorite I would have to say Sweetie Belle and Spike, the only reason I say that is because 90 something percent of the time if the situation isn't AU we have to hear about either Spike being rejected harshly by Rarity or they talked it out and they agree it wouldn't work but he still upset. Or Spike ' comes to his senses about Rarity' and bounces back by getting her sister as a form of runner-up Revenge desperation or pity.
And I don't feel that that is fair to Sweetie Belle or Spike.
Now an interesting out of left field ship for Spike would be maud pie. She likes rocks and things gems are stuck up that would be the equivalent of someone hating blue blood(shocker) and a griffin tearing him limb from limb the gratification would be quite High. And one of my constant ideas for Maud pie is that just like how Pinky has low enthusiasm and depressed from time to time I would like to think that her sister also has a couple random nuggets of energetic outbursts and somehow I could see Spike bring them out of her
And I think Spike would balance her out far better then mudbriar

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37