Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I suppose the title of the thread says it all. But I'm asking, is this group dead, or just on an indefinite hiatus? Because considering how the last posts (not counting my recent activity) were from 4 years ago, and JimmyHook19 telling me not to reply to 7 year old threads (I have nothing against him for this, I'm just addressing that fact), it just seems that it's not moving forward.

It would be disappointing if the Manehattenverse is dead. But if it is, I'd just like to know just for the sake of closure. And I do hope I'm not intruding by asking this.

I'm curious too. It would be a shame as it's actually pretty good.

Hey I was being honest for one thing: In one group, I dealt with replying to a thread a few months late. But again: I NEVER reply to a thread that's been around longer. :/

If you have something you want to write about, nothing can stop you. If you just have spontaneous ideas, you can blog post about them, even if they don't make it into a story.

Yeah. If you think you have some good ideas for Manehattanverse stories, go ahead and share them. It might be just the thing to start a revitalization of this group. :-D

Skyeheart
Group Contributor

I still have some ideas, very well thought out ideas, but I'm on a gaming binge. Should I take a designated day a week to write?

Only if you really want to.

Heck, maybe you could incorporate your gaming experience into certain stories (as that sounds like they could make surprisingly entertaining stories if done right [as evidenced by the Round Robin "Ponies and Dragons Just Have Fun"], especially post-season 3 after Discord's semi-reform).

I personally don't like to consider projects dead. I could return at any moment, I just... haven't had the time or inspiration to update in several years. I may need to see about changing that when I can. But as has been said, anyone is welcome to submit their own story. I'd encourage it.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

If you ever do get that inspiration back, I'd love to see more from you. :)

Goldenheart
Group Contributor

I've mostly moved on from writing here, but always up to seeing this continue on where others left off with story ideas.

I know it's been three years, and I probably shouldn't necropost, but I'll brave the darkness anyway.

Any chance for the Manehattanverse to make a comeback? I've recently finished reading the canon stories, and I've absolutely fallen in love with the lore and the characters and everything. It made me feel like I was watching the show all over again.

I wish I could write my own canon episode for the Manehattanverse, but it appears that each episode takes about 20k words to flesh out their stories, and I just don't have that kind of writing skill, and so I'm making a gamble and look to you two for any information about the possibility of the Manehattanverse coming back. I could even give a couple ideas for episodes. In fact, I should probably make a thread about that...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11