Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 94 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 94

Hey, guys, now that Starlight is friends with yet another fan favorite character in an attempt to grant her legitimacy, how long before she becomes friends with the most popular fan-pony of all, Ms. Harshwhinny?

In unrelated news, I'm going to steal like all your lines in discussing Starlight Glimmer. So painfully spot-on...

Skywriter
Group Admin

I know what you mean.

Which is really surprising, all things considered.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Well, one thing's clear. Starlight is part of the show, and not apparently a transient part of the show. Like her or hate her, she's here. I highly doubt that the writers are watching all this and saying crap, a portion of adult male fans are unhappy with this character, quick, let's dump her or they'll be mad! You have a choice to either come to either love or tolerate Starlight or spend every episode she's in--of which there will probably be more--being miserable and bitching about her. I really want to fundamentally enjoy this show I'm watching. So I'm giving her a chance, and looking for her good parts, the parts of her I do enjoy.

Skywriter
Group Admin

So, basically, you think we should simply choose to be happy when an unwelcome presence shows up and changes the dynamic of the entire show? This isn't just "third alicorn Cadance" or "fourth alicorn Twilight." This is an actual, abrasive, fundamentally tone-changing character, and her inclusion in the core cast makes her a blister in a really bad place. You know, like a place you keep accidentally rubbing.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Is there something wrong with choosing to be happy?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Is there something wrong with wanting better?

Skywriter
Group Admin

The answer to each of your questions is "no."

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I'm kinda confused as to what all of this has to do with Ms. Harshwhinny,

We really should be worrying about the potential decline of the Ms. Harshwhinny fandom! I notice not one entry this month or last month in the Flashfic 150 Contest had anything to do with Ms Harshwhinny. This is a bit of a disturbing trend...

--Sweetie Belle

Both of which you entered with entries that weren't about Ms. Harshwhinny?

--arcum42

Personally I hold out hope, perhaps forlornly, that Starlight Glimmer would be named mayor of Our Town and go off to govern them somewhere else. Given that that was the one obvious future for Starlight that Twilight and Celestia didn't dismiss. It might still happen.

I get that Sunset is IP locked into a separate category and can't hold the idiot ballbe the character badly in need of friendship lessons but the show already had the likes of Trixie and Moondancer to fill that void. Heck, the best thing they've done with Starlight is her friendship to Trixie, because Trixie can definitely be relied upon to need to relearn friendship lessons for at least another ten seasons.

Getting back to the original question: Would Miss Harshwhinny be willing to declare kite flying a sport in the Equestrian Games? If so, her friendship with Glimmy is assured.

5931541 Thank you, I am glad someone has raised this issue before I had to come in here and do it myself.

Posters, you are spending so much time arguing about whether Starlight Glimmer matters or not. You're missing the point entirely.

So are you ever going to enlighten us, here, Miss KnowItAll?

I thought this would go without saying, but fine, I will spell it out for you since you seem unable to pick up context.

Why are we arguing about Starlight Glimmer instead of focusing on our true passion for Best Pony Miss Harswhinny?

...Fuck, you're right. I'm sorry. You're completely correct. Why are we spending any time on Starlight here instead of focusing on the important issue of Harshwhinny x Starlight dynamic? Or just Harshwhinny x Not-Starlight dynamic? Why isn't the Harsh replacing Starlight?

Regrettably, I have to disagree. Starlight has unbalanced the show to such a degree that it has become necessary to adjudicate her presence as it distorts even the Harsh.

Jeez, way to be completely wrong.

Yea, sorry poster #1, but you're just objectively incorrect here. The show can survive any reality warping Starlight performs so long as the Harsh remains a stabilizing, and above all, professional presence.

I like Glimglim. Not as much as Harshwhinny, but still.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Yeah! You tell that Morning Sun creep!

Skywriter
Group Admin

I thought she had some good points.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Well maybe if someone would give us a gorram Harshwhinny episode some day! Or even one she's in!

Yeah! You show that bitchass motherfucker Cadence sockpuppet what for!

Thanks for the support!

5932884 Hey, jerkface, I'm supported too in
5931784 !!

So, so, so go...go...go EAT A PEAR

I'll have you knows I love pears

5932887 APPLE-HATING HEATHEN! :ajsleepy:

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, no one tells anyone to go eat a pear on my watch. Temp ban, three days.

5932887, you are welcome to stay.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, I don't think Starlight has a full circle of friends yet. Maybe Ms. Harshwhinny'll be one of 'em?

--Sweetie Belle

Oh, no, I wasn't telling you to eat a pear, I was telling 5932884 to go eat a pear. Pears are trash, apples forever!

5933183 THE APPLE TYRANNY SHALL BE ENDED! #PEARS FOR FREEDOM!

5933185 It. Is. ON :twilightangry2:

5933186 Anytime, any place. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you choose the lesser fruit since your head is certainly nothing but horseapples

Uhm, respectively, maybe, well, maybe we could all just enjoy an orange, or two? Oranges are pretty neat too.

5933189 HERETIC! APPLES FOREVER

5933189 PEARS ARE BETTER THAN ORANGES YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Maybe we could all just have some strawberries? They're pretty, uhm, great, I think. Maybe? :fluttershysad:

5933193 Okay I can get behind this

Actually, so can I. I do like both apples and strawberries.

Ooh, can I have a strawberry-orange smoothie?! That sounds great!

Skywriter
Group Admin

H—how did you get past my temp ban? Are you a wizard?

5933427 A Princess never tells :trollestia:

L IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL IS LOST ALL I

Although now that I think about it, it would be an acceptable compromise if Miss Harshwhinny prominently featured in a Starlight Glimmer episode.

What hasn't been predicted by The Simpsons at this point?

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 94