Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53
Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, okay. You love it, I love it, we all love "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". But it's not a perfect show, you have to admit, and for more reasons than just the fact that the vast majority of episodes do not contain Miss Harshwhinny (contrary to Lauren Faust's original vision, damn you Hasbro). This thread is to post your legitimate complaints about the show and air your private grievances so that in sharing them your burdens may be lessened. Vent away.

Skywriter
Group Admin

In the "Cupcakes" song, featured in "Call of the Cutie", the very first thing that Pinkie Pie does is take a cup of flour and "add it to the mix". This is the first step. There should not be a "mix" at this point! It's like the writers don't even care anymore.

Skywriter
Group Admin

You misunderstand. She's adding the flour to the Mix, i.e., the commercial cake mix she started with.

Skywriter
Group Admin

WHY WOULD SHE NEED TO ADD ADDITIONAL FLOUR TO A COMMERCIAL CAKE MIX?!?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Yeah, no wonder those damn cupcakes failed. I bet that was supposed to be A.B.'s cutie mark but Pinkie Pie fzcked it up right there.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Why do they call her Applejack if she doesn't taste like apples?

Skywriter
Group Admin

We eat what we like, Skywriter.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Heyo, get the kids out of the room.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Fine words from someone who's got Crowley's "Her Whole Darn Heart" sitting there on his public fave-list.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Yeah, well, so do you!

Can we also pick nits like an amphetamine fueled chimp on the comics, and other supplementary material as well? Or just the show proper?

Skywriter
Group Admin

You may pick as many nits as you like, dearie.

horizon
Group Contributor

> In the "Cupcakes" song, featured in "Call of the Cutie",

Skywriter, Skywriter, Skywriter. Commas are placed within quotation marks. Your argument is invalid.

Now get out of here and take you're hilariously poor grasp of language with you.

horizon
Group Contributor
horizon
Group Contributor

Personally, I'm miffed that everyone (including this group) has been spelling Miss Heartwhinny's name wrong all this time. Lauren Faust designed her as the immortal alicorn who would host the Equestrian Games (not just scout for them). And what is it with people thinking she only showed up in season 3? She MARRIED TWILIGHT'S BROTHER, PEOPLE!

Skywriter
Group Admin

You're both wrong. The character's name was originally intended to be Miss Harpwhinny.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Only in the American style, you racist.

Alright, let's talk about the Summer Sun Celebration. Specifically this scene:

This scene raises several questions. First off, it's past midnight. Why are they even awake, let alone here?

Second, this is the first episode. Apple Bloom first meets Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle in the 12th episode. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle knew each other before that, so they could have been together, but not Apple Bloom.

And the very next thing that happens is that Apple Bloom and Rarity's sisters run off to the library leaving them there, scared out of their wits. Ok, Sweetie Belle's parents might be around, but they aren't shown. And don't even ask about Scootaloo's parents.

I've actually specifically had to plot around this because one of my unpublished fanfics starts before the first episode and ends after it. I recall deciding that Apple Fritter was going to take Apple Bloom home. She might not have been shown either, but at least I know she was in town.

horizon
Group Contributor

945522 944667
You're all wrong. Lauren Faust's original idea for Best Pony was "Miss Harshwhiny." They changed her name and made her one of the main characters of the show, but kept her temperament.

Skywriter
Group Admin

And don't even ask about Scootaloo's parents.

So what about Scootaloo's parents?

horizon
Group Contributor

That's an awfully funny way of spelling "Miss Harshwinner," Lauren Faust's athletic pony whose sheer awesomeness gave everyone else their Cutie Marks.

horizon
Group Contributor

949596 949581 945522 944667
Um, no. The ORIGINAL Mrs. H was "Miss Harshwhimsy," until they realized that focus group testing showed that audience members' brains exploded if Mrs. H's awesomeness were allowed to escape the fourth wall. That's why they had to move most of her traits into today's cameo role, but some elements (like the skill in wife-tossing) clearly remain.

Skywriter
Group Admin

inb4 fluttershy

Well, they constantly get cut out of the show and never seem to get any screen time. Just like Miss Harshwhinny, which is one reason I think she's Miss Harshwhinny's daughter. Besides fur color and general level of awesomeness, of course.

They should have at least appeared in Sleepless In Ponyville...

horizon
Group Contributor

You're right, Apple Bloom didn't meet the other CMCs until the 12th episode. The one you see there is a changeling. Even as early as the first episode they were foreshadowing for the Royal Wedding.

horizon
Group Contributor

I thnik sCootallos parernt's aer Mr and mrs Jack ………

Bc she is orephin && tehy are dead :trollestia:

horizon
Group Contributor

> inb4 Fluttershy

What, you mean like someone claiming Lauren Faust originally designed some character named Harshwhimper and then completely upended her personality and achievements? Don't be sill—

— oh. That kinda makes sense, actually.

Maybe she's actually related to Babs. They have similar color schemes.And it'd be funny if Apple Blooms cousin Babs was also Scootaloo's cousin Babs.

I am told that applejack smells strongly of apples, but tastes more like brandy.

You fool, arcum42 told you not to ask! Do you have any idea what you've unleashed? :raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair:

(No seriously, do you have any idea? Because I don't.)

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that I read somewhere that the character was originally supposed to be The Great and Powerful Harshwinny.

She shows up and challenges everypony to athletic events, but the idea was changed to a traveling magician doing magic shows to give Twilight a love interest. The athletic events later got re-purposed as the Iron Hoof Competition in "Fair Weather Friends".

Skywriter
Group Admin

that's totally true I read it on lauren's twitter
someone like bought a turtle or something and it came with a free ask lauren something coupon

I'm just glad they revisited the Harshwinny concept, even if it did take nearly 3 seasons to do so! :twilightangry2:

Skywriter
Group Admin

Miss Arfwhinny?

horizon
Group Contributor

No, that's Harshwinona. The Arfwhinnies were when Faust decided that there was so much magnificence in the character that no single being could contain it, and she made an entire race of noble, haughty warrior-athletes.

Then stupid Hasbro went and made them bumbling comic antagonists.

horizon
Group Contributor

That would certainly explain why Lulamoon is Harshwhinny's daughter! Since she was one of the original character concepts for the HW, they made the two related.

horizon
Group Contributor

But by that logic, HW would be related to two-thirds of the Elements of Harmony, half of Ponyville, an entire race of canids, at least one pet, and Rarity's giant rock.

horizon
Group Contributor

I don't see the problem with this.

horizon
Group Contributor

> and Rarity's giant rock

Hey now, Miss Harshwitherite is her own rock, thank you very much. She doesn't belong to anypony.

Never mind that they changed her name, gender, appearance, and chemical composition for the show itself. Stupid executive meddling.

Skywriter
Group Admin

In "Amending Fences," Lemonhearts reportedly gets her head stuck in a beaker, but the offending vessel is eventually revealed to be a flask instead. I am so done with this frikkin' show.

At least give it the courtesy of calling it an Erlenmeyer flask. A flask could be any of a number of types of flask, whereas if you call it an Erlenmeyer flask, people should know exactly what you mean.

--arcum42

Skywriter
Group Admin

But it wouldn't be called an "Erlenmeyer" flask! It would be called something like a "Rizzle Berry Sweet Tarts" flask because of how gay all ponies are.

Skywriter
Group Admin

"Erlenmare," surely.

Skywriter
Group Admin

No, 'cuz what's an "erlen"? Pony names all have to make sense even if they're a parody of a real-world name.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Maybe their name is the real one and ours is the parody. Didja think of that?

Okay, I know it's not Ms. Harshwhinny-related, but can you believe that last episode, "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows"? The entire bottom half of the episode was a "scavenger hunt" that clearly was not a "scavenger hunt." That was a treasure hunt! It would be one thing if there had been some kind of important character revelation or something to make that episode worthwhile, but I can't think of a single important character-related event that happened to make up for that linguistic gaffe.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Holy shit, Cadance, did... did you actually just make a joke?

Jokes aside: Congratulations!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 53