Spike's First Glance (SFG) CLOSED 1,020 members · 804 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I was wondering when the next time the submissions will be open? Anyways, y'all are all probably super busy. Thank you for y'alls time.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Seeing as the reviewer chat and admin chat have both had no messages in well over half a year, I think it's safe to say this group is dead :twilightsmile:

Dang. Well, thanks for the heads up ^_^.

Hope
Group Admin

Yeah, we didn't have enough reviewers, the ones we did have (Including myself) simply couldn't agree on processes or ways to move forward, and the group died of stagnation.

While that sucks. I hope things have been going well for y'all since you guys moved on to new things. Are there any review groups that are active and good in your opinion?

Hope
Group Admin

http://www.fimfiction.net/group/201936/the-pleasant-commentator-and-review-group
This group looks okay, fairly active over long periods, though if they get the same massive surge of unfinished long fics we did, I could see them slowing to a crawl and crashing.
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/206333/tagalongs-book-club
Tagalong's book club seems to have taken the approach I wanted to go with this group, being a more subjective and "We review what we want, instead of everyone" approach, so there's less of a chance to be reviewed unless you already have a good end product.

I might try another reviewer club, but here's the problem. I'd need people that are okay doing things my way, even if it means they lose their cherished project's history, or they aren't writing novellas about each fic. I understand why people like doing things the way they do, I totally do, but there has to be some level of consistancy. If I do start up another group it will likely be associated with my long term project Saryis.
http://saryis.boards.net/
But that project would need hard work for it to get up and running, and I don't know if people are willing to read an entire worldsetting to get into it, since it's different from base MLP.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

WRITE is also active and going strong, even if the forums are quiet. All our members are reviewers, and everything to do with assignment happens off-site :twilightsmile:

The first one I just joined yesterday, but I have no idea when they'll be opening their submission folders again XD.

I'll be looking into that group. Thanks for linking it ^_^.

This is an old thread, but here.

The New Equestrian Critics Society

PS: I'm only a member, I was never a critic on this group.

It was started by me, because this is a good thing we had here. But not anymore.

I meaning Equestrian Critics Society group is dead, so let's hope this catches on.

Ah, and I hope so too. I'd critique. But atm [and for the forseeable future] I'm utterly swamped, if not with my own fics, then with the video game I've started working on [creating each character from scratch is hard work, but so rewarding.]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16