The Gentlemanverse 1,122 members · 53 stories
Comments ( 64 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 64
Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

Alright guys. I'm basically borrowing thread ideas from other groups I've joined. Here's another:

Idea Pool.

I know Typewriterpony made an idea of military alliances, and I thought... why not put your ideas in regards to the Gentlemanverse all in one place?

One I had was set in an AU.

Twilight Sparkle succeeded in making a wormhole for logistical reasons, connecting a lot of towns and cities where Diamond Dogs will have a harder time training. All was well.

In the Gryphon Kingdom, not so well. I'm still unsure whether it was going to be a coup d'etat forced the Kingdom into two or a new enemy, but for whatever reason, they were desperate enough to try to make a portal to escape. Based out of Twilight's research, they were hoping to get a portal to Equestria, but messed up... and got a portal to open on Earth. In the middle of a city. While they were retreating from their enemies.

I was thinking, the portal would either open in the USA, but seemed... well, cliched. I also opted Philippines,but we don't have much military presence. Its basically based out of a Japanese manga called Gate — Thus the JDSF Fought There, with the FiM twist.

How about you guys?

Also, there are no rules about making new threads for ideas. I just want to put this idea sink here for anyone interested.

Operating from the assumption that Equineox appeared where it does in the original story, Guam would be poised to be the last stop on the Earth side from folks in North America, especially the US itself, since Guam is both a US territory and a port of call for US military assets operating in the Pacific. Active and retired military would be able to take space-available ("space-A") Air Mobility Command flights to Guam for the purposes of hopping a ferry to Equineox. Of course, that's for R&R and tourist purposes; anybody with orders cut for Equestria—like your Marine detachment making contact with the griffins—would get shipped in through purely military channels.

Humans cross the portal into Equestria and are turned into centaurs.

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

I meant the Philippine military. Not much presence there.

Also had to clarify. The reason the land mass was formed was because Twilight had an imperfect spell. If we follow the present timeline (in G4Ms), the spell to make the portal is much more stable. It doesn't displace or convert anything to a landmass as a means of containment.

:rainbowhuh: Can I use this as notes? Interesting.

:rainbowderp: This is certainly original.

What are you asking?

Ponies for Earth Equine Liberation (P.E.E.L) :derpytongue2:

But seriously, news articles of the gentalmenverse like what the Cerberus Daily News forum does

Well, you already got a portal out in the Pacific, so opening another one in the Philippines makes little sense.

Maybe Diego Garcia (Indian Ocean, US Naval Base) or Gibralter (RAF Base)?

A human with a severe disability or medical condition in Equestria/The Gentlemen-verse; such as permanent blindness / deafness / inability to speak; chronic fatigue or osteogenesis imperfecta, an amputation, paralysis etc. He or she has had this crippling condition for most of his or her life. Magic can help sometimes but is in no way a permanent fix.

How would the ponies react to someone like this? Probably they'd be horrified and saddened. I can imagine Luna or Twilight talking to a man in a wheelchair; his legs have been amputated due to disease or injury. The ponies are talking to him but they can't help surreptitiously glancing down at his legs that should be there but just aren't... and the guy kind of says, "Hey... don't worry about that; I'm fine, really..."

I have toyed with the idea of another portal somewhere just north of the Hebrides. Yes, I am just wanting to show off the Astute class subs, the type 45 destoryers and the Queen Elizabeth class carriers (in my head they are in service by next year).

Not to mention Britain in general.

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

I... found that funny for some reason. And sad at the same time.

Well, nothing much. Just wanted to post a thread where anyone can post more branching ideas to expand what we have. So far, a lot of the beginning stories set on Gentlemanverse is basically Gentlemen, of one name or another. Then we get different stuff like Feathered Heart and City by the Bay. Honestly, while this started out as a clop with world building and cultural exploration, I'm pretty sure we can expand it further than that. Feathered Heart is my little baby in doing so.

I'm nowhere near that good or influential. :rainbowlaugh:

Well, my example is basically AU of Gentlemanverse, where its not the ponies that opened the portal, but Griffins. And it wasn't exactly a peaceful contact, but a chaotic one. Imagine, aliens coming out of a ball of swirling stars in numbers, attacked from behind by other aliens... in a urban setting with high population density?

We're approaching the same idea in our respective GMverses. Can't tell anymore as it'll be spoilers.

LOL maybe we'll converge soon.:rainbowlaugh:

I'm taking a paper called "possible worlds" at Uni, I'm so using this* (and Equestria).
By "this" I mean the idea of two universes converging.

Maybe G4M could expand their business. 'Mares for Gentlemen' would cater to human visitors in Equestria (men, women, couples (probably have to adjust the name a little bit)) curious enough to see what ponies are like in bed. Put Five Stars in charge :pinkiecrazy:
Why does my mind do this to me?

You know, at some point I should make a blog post or something with all the ideas I have bouncing around in my head. Maybe I'll do it later tonight. I have to finish up some homework that's due in a few hours. Who knows? It might just shake something loose and free me from this crippling writer's block.

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

I'm still struggling to finish my latest draft.... and I'm honestly not confident in it. But then again, I've been saying that for a lot of my chapters. We'll see. Good luck dude.

Comment posted by Charles Wolfe deleted Mar 1st, 2013

I've been quite out of G4M's lately guys. Sorry that I haven't read most recent chapter (if it's been updated.)

USA is used in every alien movie out there. I see what you say about Phillipenes (<-----how ever it's spelled) and I think we do need somewhere with a good millitary. Japan is cool, but China is just as good.

MY IDEAS:
I know we've covered the aspects of DD, Gryphons and ponies, but what about Steve Magnet and the water dragon as well as Spike and his kind? If someone's done it, sorry, haven't had time to read all the G4M's. I think we need something about dragons either in this universe or a seperate one. I see dragons as a good military force, since they breathe fire. And Spike dragons have that special fire that they could use to send secret messages between operatives in covert missions.

I'm not saying we should toss Spike into Iraq or wherever the Hell America is fighting right now, but keep your minds open. I'm sure some of you have read my G4M's and saw it was shit, well, that's cuz I wasn't serious. Right now, I'm being serious.

Another thing is that we need a big ass collab. Demon Eyes, you are going to be in the collab for obvious reasons. One or two people with non-white Gentlemen need to be in there as well. For the collab, socerers will be a subject, but not likely will any of the Gentlemen become one. Tech will be getting advanced quite quickly, but most of the tech development will be taking place in Equestria and be distributed to the ponies.

Once ponies have things like phones, computers, possibly cars (I vote Vinyl gets the first one,) maybe we could go as fas as to toss video games in. Just IMO, Luna should become a gaming god and loved by all gamers on Earth. Anyway, after they get the basic tech, humans start advancing thiers; cars running on water, ability to travel to other planets and walk on the surface, those thingies put on the moon and Mars (what are they called? I forgot.)

But then a conflict should come about and Tia declares war on the humans. Some ponies will side with humans (Luna, just because they've been at odds before) and some will side with Celestia. The war will be conclusive: Equstria wins. After humans are subdues, ponies will start going to Earth and inhabiting it, attending school and such. Luna, since she sided with the humans, is punished by Tia, banished to live on Earth.

Now comes the brewing of another war. This time, Tia fails and is tackled by Luna. Balance is restored between her and Tia, Earth and Equatria. Now that Luna has beaten her sister, she gaines more respect and things stay calm between them. But between humans and ponies on Earth, there are still disagreements.

A war breaks out on Earth, humans versus ponies. It seems all is lost for humans when Twilicorn shows up with the Elements and stops it. For a time, Earth is cut off from Equestria. No Gentlemen. Protests take place on both sides and the ban is lifted. Things steadily go back to almost normal. Suddenly, the portal is starting to expand and is threatening to swallow the US and bring it to EQ.

To stop this from happening, Twilicorn, Luna and Celestia close the portal. They work together to reopen it and make it more stable. Now things are back to normal once again.

At this point, I don't know what could happen. Another war, assasination of the Princesses, overthrow of Earth, enslavement of humans, or maybe, just maybe, a pony figures out a way human males can impregnant the mares. The ending is something my uny teenage mind cannot choose yet.

(I bet you all thing my ideas are stupid, don't you? Don't be soft, tell me the truth and tell it to me straight.)

750017 Why not Korea? ^^ we have mandatory military and it's not really cliche'd to have aliens there (I think)

I heavily considered having one appear in the middle of New York Bay, cliche perhaps, but still the Manehatten-Manhatten connection compels me...

Also surely has NOTHING to do with having spent the majority of my life living within sight of the city in Northern New Jersey and visiting it regularly... Why not put it IN Northern New Jersey then? Well you see all New Jerseyans of that area have a complex mix of loathing and envious inferiority complex regarding New York City. Northern New Jersey is kind of like New York City's less attractive sister. Forever stuck in her shadow, but still kinda famous and influential just by association, but with serious self-esteem issues as a result.

Ultimately though I decided since the story was set in Equestria the location of the portals far side wasn't a major issue and I just kind of ignored it. The only real issue dealing with it that comes up was that it's presence creates a 'corridor' of sorts that a reasonably skilled magic user can 'piggy back' smaller temporary gaps onto. The result being that smaller temporary portals can be opened around it within a certain fairly large radius. (This was done almost solely to introduce a viable method of smuggling and illegal immigration for my character to have to deal with)

If as hinted other portals are opened at some point though the New York one may yet happen. At that point the only really AU element I'd have would be the early human magic users.

*snorts* I'm suddenly reminded of a line from the first chapter I've been pecking away at (hope to get it done over this weeks spring break).

Sully fought to keep his palm off his face and on the steering wheel. “I swear, it’s like these idiot’s IQ drops by fifty the second you put another species in front of them. Between them; the stupid mares latching onto anything with fingers and the dumbass men trying to stick their dicks in anything with hooves must be at least a quarter of our caseload. Why can’t these morons ever seem to just find each other and save us some time?”

Sully supports this business venture if it saves him even one more case of some dumbass getting robbed blind by an opportunistic mare.

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

Honestly, for that to work, you need extensive planning and a lot of time. That sounds like a a multi-story epic with loads of characters, lots of political drama, and some balancing too.

Honestly, because I have no idea about life in Korea. :rainbowlaugh:

Is that gonna be set in the G4M 'verse? If so, feel free to steal the idea. Since I got votes of confidence on two other ideas I've pitched elsewhere, I'll have a full plate once I get over my writer's block. Maybe some time off school will help things along *sigh*. Next week can't come fast enough.

759445 I can be very intelligent when I want to. In fact, that sounds like a good Sci-Fi movie. Rather NC 17, obviously. Probably XXX. I have a question though, would you do it? I'm willing to stop being ignorant as a storywriter for once, make a story people will ACTUALLY like.

759445 me neither, and I'm Korean (SCREW LOGIC)

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

Honestly, that's a maybe answer for me. I'm already busy with two stories with a planned short collab with shira, so depends on how much time I'll have in my hands.

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild:

761556 I might actually get started on it, but my guys a joke so....yeah. Hey, I know it's not even close to G4M's (but, then again, it could be used in one of the stories.) It's a Twilicorn fic with her new life as a princess. Mature for sex and gore. I don't have is started yet, but it sounds like it'll be a good one. Anyway, so you don't kill me, I think someone needs to have it in their G4M's story. Twilicorn gets laid. Like I said before, my guy's a joke so...

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

That'll fall in AU of GMverse. Twilight hasn't gotten Alicornized (giggity). LEt's put that idea up for adoption. I'm a bad candidate. Can't do pure clop.

761715 When did I say anything about pure clop? There'd be a story throughout, but very heavy clop scenes. Possibly even orgies.

I expected Twi wouldn't have changed, you don't have chapter 6 up yet. You think you will change her though? Anyway, I wanna talk to you about something. I'm working on that Twilicorn fic (Twilicornized...sounds sexual...) as I said earlier. I might need help when I come about the scenes of execution. I mean, don't princesses have to execute prisoners at some point in time? And she may even have to interrogate them as well. If you can't help, know anyone that can?

Also, how's the wedding planning going? Oh, wait...wrong person. Sorry bout that. So many people I can't keep em straight.

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

Ponies don't strike me as the executing type. Turned to stone maybe.

I'll help if I can.

762099 Hey, you never know...Alt Universe anyway....:pinkiecrazy: and don't forget cupcakes. Pinkie Pie would be perfect executioner.

Thanks. I don't want to nag you when you've already got three stories underway. I think I have five or six that are nowhere near complete. :facehoof: Why must I bite off more than I can chew?

Hey, ever read Romeo And Juliet? We are right now in class. Being 15 rules.

Pony-centric view of the G4M

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

That would be nice.

Human sperm turns ponies into humans as a result of some sort of enzyme or whatever. :pinkiecrazy:

portal is made between earth and equestria and ponies/ humans don't share a common language

Missionaries try their hand at converting ponies

The portal opening up on Earth caused an EMP wave, shorting out electronics and thus the first contact involved us thinking it was an attack...dunno how this train of thought would continue, though...

Ancient Mongolians show up in Equestria after Twilight tries her hoof at another portal.

Instead of the Pacific Ocean, the portal opened up in the Vatican

Something with Changelings (especially Queen Chrysalis) would be interesting.
I mean, what do they think about the humans?
A new food source, potential allies/enemys or do they simply dont care?

New here. I have started a story myself and was wondering if anyone was willing to do some proofreading for me. On top of fixing my horrible grammar and spelling I am looking for people to keep my facts in check. I am trying to keep the story within the original Gentlemanverse so if you notice anything just wrong about it let me know. You should be able to get to my story through my profile but I am new to the Fimfiction website and not 100% sure how all this works. Thanks in advance for your help and interest.

BTW I am looking for Ideas for a better title. The single most difficult thing I have about writing is coming up with meaningful titles.

You are quite the enthusiast about this universe aren't you? :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowkiss:

How bout this?

Equestria opens up a portal to earth, and the original events go as described and sexytimes ensue for our beloved gentlemen.

BUT crystal pony separatists that no longer wish to have an Equestrian prince and princess for a monarchs open up another portal, and this one leads to custom made world that I am basing a novel on.

Basically, the Crystal Empire's crystals are a fuel source for the inhabitants of this world of mine, and they immediately overcome the northern empire after a year of studying and technological comparison between Equestria and their own military (earth is not taken into account due to it being behind another portal).

The northern empire is occupied non-violently and Equestria finds itself in a jiffy.

But...Cadance is the Crystal Princess...those separatists must have some pretty big qualms against her...

WHAT.

Cadance ain't no crystal princess! She's an impostor :twilightangry2: (I am pretty darned set on giving the Crystal Empire their independence :derpytongue2:) I dunno, I just don't like the way the Empire was simply turned into a vassal state by Celestia, guess I feel sad about it and try to make em free every time I get a chance :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Oh well. Hey! We should get some insight on Crystal Pony stuff up in ze north! A gentleman must be sent northwards. :rainbowdetermined2: It would make for a pretty awesome read :rainbowkiss:

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

Here's to hoping their coat isn't really made of crystal.

It's what's inside that counts. :rainbowlaugh:

804994>>805154
Depending on interpretation, that sounds like it could be painful :twilightoops:

Ouch :twilightoops:

Welp. That goes into the list of creatures no man could ever hope to be with and survive; right below the minotaurs, dragons, changelings, diamond dogs (or could they?), and the monster ponies. :applejackunsure:

Demon Eyes Laharl
Group Admin

:rainbowwild: Not for me. I'd like my coat soft and bristly, thank you very much.

There's a reason why no creature fully has scaled insides. :rainbowlaugh:

Fang is working on the Diamond Dog angle. He's... he's really liking that race.

As for Changelings... :raritywink: I may explore that next. After G4Ms or FH.

But aren't they covered in chitin? And, wasn't the queen the only one that could reproduce? Y'know, as in ants? I don't really see how a romance could work out between a human and a changeling, but it will be interesting to see how it is achieved :rainbowkiss:

The Griffons seem like they would be interested in gaining as much human tech, especially military, as possible. I could see a story about their efforts to spy on Earth and smuggle the tech back home.

How do you send a griffin spy to earth?

You plaster a mustache on his face and say his name is Bob! :rainbowkiss:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 64