SpikeDash 897 members · 199 stories
Comments ( 161 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 161

Claiming Lucid Dreaming

Prompt: Lucid Dreaming

Do you know who flies? Birds fly. Butterflies fly. Pegasi fly. Pinkie Pie flies.

Dragons fly.

Well, most dragons fly, I don't. I simply can't, I don't have wings. I don't have those cool leathery ones you see on most dragons or the soft feathery ones pegasi have or even the kind of wings made of gossamer and morning dew. I don't have any wings, simple as that. Twilight always tells me maybe one day, when I'm older and more mature, I'll get my wings, but for now at least I can ride a hot air balloon.

I'm not in a balloon basket right now. I am in the sky. I know I don't have any wings, but I am flying. I know that these wings on my back, with their beautiful fluffy white feathers, don't belong to any dragon. I think I'm a pretty smart guy, being raised by Princess Twilight Sparkle and all, so I'm a little disappointed in myself for taking so long to figure all this out.

I'm dreaming, of course. This, all this, these clouds in front of my face and below me and these wings of mine, is just a dream.

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Who knows when the next time will be when I get this chance, if ever. I twist my body, and suddenly my direction changes. Twist in the opposite direction, and now I bank to the right. My wings move to the rhythm of my heart. It feels so natural, flying like this. Everything responds perfectly. I've never felt more confident with my body than I do right now. It's so exhilarating, so...free.

Of course, it's just a dream. Why wouldn't it feel natural? What kind of fantasy would this be if this was difficult, if this actually required effort?

The wind flows through my feathers, sending a chill down my spine. It almost feels real, did I forget to close the window last night? I can't remember, but it doesn't matter; that's Conscious Spike's problem, not mine.

I hear a scream from below, scream that I recognize. My heart nearly stops as my eyes are drawn straight to the source. I don't need to think, my body reacts instinctively; I dive. My wings beat rapidly in an effort to push me down faster, but it's not working. They are growing more and more fatigued as I push them to the limits.

I straighten my back and my neck, trying to reduce the amount of my body that faces air resistance. I suck in my stomach. It is still not enough. My wings fold against my sides, and now I fall like a stone, shooting down through the sky like an arrow.

I can see Rarity's beautiful face now. Tears smear her mascara, and the synthetic feathers of her headpiece are falling up. She is panicking, her limbs flailing about. I try to shout out, to tell her to calm down, that I'm right here, but her screams and the roar of the wind makes it impossible for me to be heard. I have no choice, I need to reach out and grab Rarity, then recover flight.

I've had many variations of this dream. Not this one in particular, but several like it. The damsel is in distress, and I, the hero, saves her. I've worn armor, carried a lance, fought off hoards of savages, but this is the first time I've had wings before.

I reach out, the tips of my claw barely brushing her fur. Gritting my teeth, I stretch further. There is pain in my shoulder now, but I force myself further. I close my eyes, biting down on my tongue to stop myself from crying out in pain. I open my eyes, and suddenly Rarity's hoof is in my face. My nose crumbles inward as it collides with that well manicured hoof.

My stance falls apart. Now I am the one flailing about. Which way is up? Where is down? I can't tell, all I see is blue from the sky.

I spread out my wings, hoping to avert or at least slow my descent. I hear a tear, and feel my wings fall apart. I watch helplessly as those white feathers float upward while I continue to fall. I see Rarity in the forelegs of a gray pegasus with a white mane. I try to cry for help, but it is useless. There's too much distance, they're too far away to even hear my scream or see me.

The dream has become a nightmare, but at least it's nothing more than that. It is a bit disheartening that such a lovely dream ended so poorly.

But it's not over yet. I hear an impossibly loud noise, like the thunder only so many times louder. I look up and gasp at the circles of colors above. I can see something fall towards me. No, not something, somepony. A blue pegasus, her cyan coat barely visible in the blue sky. I track her by her colorful mane.

I can see Rainbow Dash's face now. Her features are frozen in a snarl as she dives toward me. She's fighting to keep her eyes open, despite the stinging wind. She reaches her hoof out. Her lips move, but I can't hear her.

I extend my arm up, reaching for her hoof. I close my eyes. This is all just a dream. When I open them, I know I will find myself in bed, with my face wet with sweat. This is just a dream, and I will awaken before Rainbow Dash can save me.

This is all just a dream.

Then why am I still falling?

So how about we use 3527839's story for the prompt Nightmare and so the next prompt will be fireworks?

3549498 It's been a while since someone has written one of these shorts, so I thought I might throw my hat in again. Hope no one has any objections to me writing up Fireworks

Well, here is my short for Fireworks

He had been at it all day.

It started in the morning when Applejack was bringing her supply of apples to the market. The farmer had been pulling her wagon into town when she had spotted Spike talking with none other than the Great and Powerful Trixie, who had parked her own wagon on the side of the path. She had watched curiously as Trixie and Spike unloaded a large crate before shaking hooves and parting ways. Applejack watched as Spike spread his wings and hauled the crate away before realising she had wasted quite a bit of time watching the odd encounter and resumed her journey into town.

Later Rarity spotted him conversing with the Mayor outside of town hall, the crate still with him. It confused the fashionista, as while Spike had been known to make the odd trip to Town Hall to get permits and documentation for Twilight’s experiments, she knew Spike had specifically asked Twilight for the day off today and shouldn’t have had any reason to speak with the mayor. But speaking with her he was, and Rarity became more confused as the Mayor’s secretary came out holding a form, which the dragon signed and returned. Finally with a smile and a wave, Spike took to the air again, the crate held firmly in his claws as he headed out towards the hillside that overlooked the town. When Rarity approached Mayor Mare about this, the earth pony just gave a giddy smile with a twinkle in her eye and said he had obtained a permit for a fireworks show that night. When pressed for more details, the Mayor simply told her she had sworn to keep his reasoning a secret, but that she would find out that night if she looked the sky.

Fluttershy and Twilight encountered him atop of the hillside as they returned from a survey of the local plants and animals in Froggy Bottom Bog. The ponies watched puzzled as the dragon looked over a map of the area with designated positions for something marked upon it. They were even more confused as he opened the crate and started planting sticks of fireworks in specific locations over the hillside. When the two asked him what he was up to, he just gave them a wink and told them to keep a lookout that night.

It was in the early afternoon when Pinkie encountered him as he arrived at Sugarcube corner. He asked if she could prepare him a large picnic basket for that evening as he had something special planned. Pinkie Pie had planned to ask him why he would need a picnic, when she recieved an odd twitch in her back before her back legs kicked out. Spike was confused but Pinkie Pie just gave him a sly smile and explained it was a very special Pinkie Sense, and that she wouldn’t say a word to anypony. Once he realised what she had figured out, he gave a blush and thank you before heading off to pick up some fresh apple cider from the Apple family.

Finally that evening, the last member of the group arrived after her Wonderbolt training. Rainbow had just landed in front of her cloud house when she noticed a note attached to the door stating:

Hi my Rainbow

Meet me up on the hillside over Ponyville. I've got a surprise for you.

And Cider.

So yeah, meet me when you read this.

Your Loving DrakeFriend Spike

Rainbow gave a smirk, unsure what Spike was up to, but excited to see what he had planned. With a flap of her wings she was airborn and on her way.

She found him waiting by a quilted rug with a picnic basket filled with sweets and a bottle of the Apple’s finest cider.

“This looks awesome Spike, but what’s the occasion?”

Spike just smiled and gave her a kiss before beckoning her to take a seat with him on the quilt.

“Something special, something that I’ve been meaning to ask you for a while. Of course something like this, for somepony as awesome as you deserves nothing short of a spectacular performance.”

With that the drake let loose a breath of fire over a long cord connected to his fireworks. As the emerald spark shots forth, Rainbow could take in over a dozen sets of fireworks planted over the hillside.

Settling herself next to her dragon, Rainbow watched as the first of the fireworks was set off. Shooting up into the sky, the little rocket exploded into a dazzling array of colours, followed by another and another. Soon the sky across Ponyville was set ablaze with lights covering every spectrum. There were explosions so blue they were almost white, burning red bursts that streaked through the night, sparks of sizzling yellow that flashed like lightening. Green embers and purple stars all scattering across the blackness of the night. It was the most beautiful sight Rainbow had seen. Then the final firework shot into the sky and she froze. Displayed in every colour of the rainbow, the sky was filled with a question.

RAINBOW DASH WILL YOU MARRY ME

She felt her dragon shift next to her and suddenly a diamond bracelet that sparkled with all the colours of her mane drifted in front of her.

“Told you I’d need a spectacular performance for this. You light up the sky for me everyday, so I figured that for something as special as this, I needed to do the same for you. So my beautiful Rainbow, what do you say?”

The Pegasus turned to him, tears in her eyes and the biggest smile he had ever seen on her face.
“After a performance like that, how could I say no.”

As the ponies of Ponyville cheered, Rainbow and Spike closed together for a kiss, letting the lights of the fireworks wash over them.

Hope you guys like this one. For the next short the Prompt is:Living Arrangements

Vexy
Group Admin

Claimed.

Vexy
Group Admin

Prompt: Living Arrangements

Again, a serious story. Because schadenfreude.

Spike was sat across from Twilight, a cup of tea resting in his claws. It had never been his choice of drink, but Twilight had taken to it at some point after she had promised to cut down on coffee. He wasn’t sure whether tea was any better for her health than coffee, but regardless, she had fulfilled her promise and cut back to just one coffee a day.

The two were sat next to a roaring fireplace in Twilight’s crystal castle. It was the only noise that filled the long expanse of silence. Not for the first time, Spike found himself staring at the brown liquid, swirling it around his cup experimentally. He took a sip, the bitter drink slightly scalding his tongue. Twilight had forgotten to add sugar again.

Spike was about to make a comment on the absence of sugar in his tea, but Twilight cleared her throat, breaking the silence.

“So it’s all been decided, then?” she asked, placing her own tea on the table next to her. Despite all the caffeine she took in, she looked tired. Spike wasn’t sure whether that was due to the lack of sleep or just the drain from the last few days. Princess Twilight preferred to keep her hooves full.

“Y-yes,” Spike said, clearing his own throat due to its disuse. “It’s what I want to do.”

Twilight said nothing. She simply stared right into his eyes, and he stared back. Her eyebrows were arched, betraying the pain hidden just behind her purple irises. She must have realized that she’d been staring for too long as she coughed quietly and looked away, picking up her tea once again.

“You can always come visit, you know,” Spike offered hopefully. “I mean, you’ve got wings too. You’ve had them longer than I have.”

“I know,” Twilight replied quietly. “I know.”

Spike had hoped she might say more, anything to let him know what she was thinking. Instead her eyes crawled over to the fireplace, the shadow of a frown tugging at her lips.

“Twi…” Spike said softly, “you’re happy for me, right?”

Her gaze snapped back to Spike like a whip. “Spike,” she said firmly, “of course I’m happy for you, and I’m so, so proud of you—”

“Then tell me what’s up, then,” Spike interrupted. “You’ve been acting up since I told you. You keep tapping your hoof against the chair and avoiding my gaze. Don’t think I’m not going to notice when something’s bothering you.”

Twilight let out a deep breath, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. “I didn’t think you noticed that.”

“Of course I do,” Spike said with a gentle smile. “We’ve lived together since forever.”

“Until now,” Twilight pointed out.

“Until now,” Spike replied.

Twilight didn’t respond to that. Spike glanced down at his claws and realized some dirt had been rubbed into the scales. The two of them lapsed into silence for a few seconds more, the elephant in the room refusing to be addressed.

“I really am happy for you,” Twilight repeated. “And Rainbow. I’m happy for you both. You deserve each other.” She blinked a few times, scratching an itch in her eye. “It’s just I want what’s best for you—”

“You don’t think it’s a good idea for me to move in with Rainbow?”

“No! That’s not what I meant!” Twilight said quickly. “What I mean is… I just… I can’t be there for you!”

Spike swirled her words around his mouth, tasting them, before he replied.

“You don’t always have to look after me, Twi,” he said slowly.

“I know that,” she said sadly. “I truly do. It’s just…” Her words faded away before she could voice them, and she stared sadly into the fire once again, a single tear rolling down her muzzle.

“Twi?” Spike asked in concern, reaching over to place a claw on her hoof.

“I guess this is how Mr. and Mrs. Cake felt.”

“Huh?” Spike scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and cocked his head.

“When Pound and Pumpkin went off to College,” she continued. “When it was just them two at the bakery. When they were alone.”

Twilight’s voice cracked as she whispered the final word. She squeezed her eyes shut and lowered her head.

“But I’m hardly here,” Spike reasoned. “I spend more time with Rainbow than I do here with you.”

“I know that,” Twilight said with a nod. “I’ve always known that you’d leave eventually. I guess I just didn’t know when to expect it. When you would say you didn’t want to live with me anymore.”

“Twilight,” Spike said sternly. “It’s not that I don’t want to live with you. It’s just that I want to be around Rainbow, I want to be with Rainbow.” He let out a breath he didn’t realize he had been holding. “You both mean the world to me. But I can’t stay here forever.”

Twilight didn’t reply. She sighed and got up, walking slowly over to the bookshelf. After a few seconds of searching, she found what she was looking for and plucked the book from the shelf. Suspending it in her magical aura, she floated it over to Spike.

“What’s this?” he asked.

“It’s a photo album. I’ve been preparing it for a while. It’s got all the photos since we arrived here at Ponyville. It’s a photo album of us. Just you and me.”

Spike gawped in awe at the book in his hands. Delicately, he opened it to the first page, and a picture of his younger self stared back.

It was taken not even a year after they had arrived in Ponyville, when they had helped with the Winter Wrap Up for the first time.

“Twilight, I…” he breathed. “I don’t know what to say.”

Twilight giggled through her tears and walked over to give him a hug. “Just thank you will do, you big goofball.”

Spike returned the hug, closing his burning eyes. “Thank you,” he whispered.

“You’re welcome,” she whispered back.

Next Prompt: Foals

You seriously can't go wrong with that prompt. :trollestia:

Prompt: Foals

Giggles echoed down the castle's crystal halls. A loud crash followed along with a yelp and several softer thuds. A door was flung open and out of the room zoomed out a squealing little unicorn, her tiny horn cocooned in violet light as she levitated the bust of a bearded unicorn. Just as the filly escaped past the corner, a cyan pegasus flew after her, growling. A dragon with purple scales, barely larger than the pegasus mare before him, left the room next, his arms filled with books, paper, and broken quills.

A suddenly burst of light appeared before him, causing Spike to fling the articles he had been carrying into the air in surprise. The purple filly giggled before disappearing again in a flash. Groaning, Spike bent down to pick up the things he had dropped, only for the papers to fly out of reach as a gust of wind passed by, leaving behind a trail of rainbows. With a sigh, the dragon stepped over the mess and chased after the rainbows.

Another crash filled the castle, this time mixed with the clanks and clunks of metal banging against the floor. Spike hurried forward toward the source and found Rainbow Dash sprawled on the floor, surrounded by the pieces of a previously full set of armor.

Underneath his scales, Spike turned pale. "Oh no, please let that not be a scratch."

"Yeah, I'm okay, thanks for asking," Rainbow grumbled, tearing off the helmet from her head. Spike winced as the pegasus tossed it unceremoniously to the side. "What? It's just armor."

"That was one of the original sets belonging to the first captain of the Crystal Empire," Spike explained, helping Rainbow Dash to her feet. "Shining Armor's so going to kill you after Twilight kills you for losing her daughter."

"Kill me?" Rainbow Dash huffed and started hurrying past the corridor. "Hey, at least I got off my butt to go after her. What were you doing? Besides, Twilight's little devil's your responsibility, not mine."

Spike struggled to keep up. "You're the one who offered to hang out."

"Yeah, hang out, maybe catch a movie, have fun," Rainbow said, frowning. "Spending my night taking care of some foal who can turn half the books in the library into paper bats is not my idea of fun."

"It's not that bad."

"Spike, I still have bruises from being beaten by an encyclopedia--"

"It was an atlas."

"Bruises! I have bruises from being beaten by an atlas, I won't be able to look at another Daring Do book again without cringing, and I think I might have a paper cut." Rainbow Dash took a moment to shoot a glare at the dragon running behind her. "Tell me, how exactly has this not been that bad?"

"...okay, I've got nothing," Spike admitted. "But I'm sure tonight will end just fine, trust me."

Rainbow snorted. "Face it, date night was a complete disaster. The castle's a mess, the baby's missing, and Twilight'll be home in ten minutes so we can look forward to a lecture later."

"Well, at least we'll be facing it together," said Spike, flashing a quick grin.

The pegasus shook her head. "You're such a dork," she said. Despite herself, the edges of her mouth were tilted upward. "But really, unless that foal ends up teleporting into our arms, there's no way--"

A sudden flash silenced Rainbow Dash. She inhaled sharply. "Is she in your arms?" she asked with gritted teeth.

"Yep."

"Spa!" the unicorn screeched, trying to wrap her short legs around Spike. "Spa-ba!"

"Yeah, you got me, you got me," Spike cooed, rubbing his nose in the foal's belly. She giggled and screamed playfully, waving her hooves wildly and hitting the dragon ineffectually. Rainbow Dash turned around and gagged.

Spike offered the child toward her. "You want to hold her?" he asked.

"Hah, yeah right. No way, no thanks." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes started forward. "Let's get that miniature monster in that magic resistant cage of hers and try to clean what we can."

"It's a crib."

"Crib, cage, whatever."

The three, dragon, mare, and foal, made their way through the castle in silence, save for the babbles of the baby. Every now and then, the unicorn's horn would start to shine, only for the light to flicker out once Spike puckered his lips and blew raspberries into her stomach.

"Hey, Rainbow?" Spike asked after a while.

"No."

"But I want one," the dragon whined. "Please?"

"No foals," Rainbow answered sternly.

"Come on, think about it. We can get Twilight to babysit our little flying fire-breather."

"...I'll think about it. And I get to name her."

Next Prompt: Onions

Prompt: Mercal

I look around as I sit Ponyville hospital with a piece of paper in my hooves and next to me is my husband Spike. We are waiting for my test results to come in. Its not for any illness of any kind I am perfectly fine, its a test to know if I pregnant or not. “Remember Spike if the test comes back negative we can always adopt.” I said while lifting my head to Spike.

“I know Dash.” He said. We both want a kid but we don’t know if we can because he is a dragon and I am a pony. We read every book about ponies and relationships with dragons in Twilight’s castle and it all said that Dragons and ponies can’t have kids. We asked Celesta and Zecora and gave the same answer ‘You cant have children.’ Also weren’t any spells that could be cast to make us to have a kid without changing our species.

Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich didn’t believe a word that Zecora, Celesta, and the book said. So the two went to Canterlot for a week mostly reading about dragons and ponies sexual anatomy. The other time was partying and looking at orphanages so we can adopt a kid. When they came back they like everyone else they said we cant have kids. But they gave me a piece of paper (which is the one I have in my hooves) that had every orphanage that was in Canterlot. We were about to give up on having kids of our own but Spike suggested that I have a blood test to see if I have a kid.

I snap out of my thoughts as the doors open and Nurse Red Heart came out of it. She had a happy expression on her face and a clipboard popping out of her saddlebag as she walks to us. “I have good news and grater news!”

“Can you tell the good news first?” Spike asked with excitement.

“Well we know now that dragons now can have kids with ponies.” Nurse Read heart said. When she finished Spike and I smiled as tears of joy were coming from our eyes. We looked at my belly and just seeing it getting bigger knowing we are going to have a kid.

3719294 3534318 Since no one has stepped up to the plate I'll take this prompt.

3719294 3534318 Time to get this train rolling again.

Rainbow Dash huffed as she set two heavy grocery bags onto the counter top. Her husband for a year, Spike, was out that moment mining some gems for him and work. While he was out RD decided to surprise the drake by making dinner for the two of them. Though the only hitch in the plan is that she cannot remember the last time she actually cooked something that didn’t involve a microwave.

“Eh, how hard can it be?” She shrugs to herself as she opened a cook book. She stopped at page where the recipe sounded delicious. “Ohh, this looks fancy and it has onions, his favorite.”
-------------------------------------------------------------
“Hey Dash, I’m home.” Spike yelled as he came inside with a bag full of gems. Though as soon as he stepped inside he smelled something burning and followed the smell to the kitchen. Inside he saw a frantic, crying, red-eyed Rainbow Dash trying to burn out a dish from the oven that had smoke billowing out of it. She turns to see her husband staring at her with a confused and amused expression on his face.

“Oh, um, hey Spike,” Rainbow said nervously. “I tried to make dinner, but it turns out that cooking isn’t my thing.”

Spike merely chuckled as she took the dish from the mare, dropped it into the sink, and doused it with water. “How about we go out to eat?”

“Sure, let me just get some eye drops into my eyes before we go.” Rainbow said with a smile.

“Why are your eyes red anyway?” Spike asked with a raised eyebrow.

“It’s those stupid onions,” She complained. “I don’t get how your eyes are always fine when you cut them.”

“That’s because I always but me membrane over my eyes when I’m dealing with onions and stuff.” The drake answered back with the smirk. The could only let out a groan in reply and vow to never cook again.

As from the next prompt how about something with what happens tomorrow.

Next Prompt: Thanksgiving

3534028 Update this shit! :rainbowdetermined2:
3836014 BAM!

Prompt: Thanksgiving

Spike was a total wreck, pacing back and forth across the same waiting room carpet for nearly thirty minutes non-stop.

"Why is it taking so long? What's going on in there? Is she okay? Why won't anyone answer me?!"

"Spike, calm down!" Twilight said, gently nudging Spike toward a seat in the room next to Fluttershy. "Everything is going to be okay. Having a foal takes time. You just need to be patient."

"But I have been patient... I've been patient for months now." Spike looked around at the five friends who were with him for support. Rarity, Applejack, Twilight, Fluttershy and Pinkie. "Look, I don't mean to get on your nerves or anything, I'm just really... nervous. I'm really thankful you all decided to come. Especially with the inconvenient timing of all this."

It almost seemed like a fairy-tale, Rainbow going into labor on Thanksgiving day, the day that revolves around being thankful for those you love and appreciate.

"Of course, Spike. We'll always be here for you two." Fluttershy smiled warmly at Spike.

"Well, Spike, you know what they say," Applejack said, turning toward Spike. "Mother nature doesn't follow nopony's schedule 'cept for her own. That little foal decided to come today, so we're not gonna miss it."

"Yeah!" Pinkie shouted. "There was no way I was gonna miss your baby's first birthday party!"

"Darling, you know I would never turn my back on you two when you needed me," Rarity chimed in.

Spike let out a deep sigh and glanced around at all of his friends. "Thanks guys. It really means a lot. I just wish there was a way to help pass the time... I feel like I'm gonna explode from all this tension."

"Hmm, I have an idea," Twilight said. "It is Thanksgiving after all, so why not take turns saying what we're thankful for."

"Okay," Spike said. "That sounds like a good idea."

"Great!" Twilight said with a smile. "I'll go first."

She placed her chin on her hoof in thought for a brief moment before speaking again. "I'm thankful for all of adventures I've gotten to go on with you guys, whether grand or small. All the time I get to spend with all of you is important to me, and I wouldn't trade it for the world."

All present smiled and blushed just a bit at the compliment.

"Alright, Pinkie Pie? Do you wanna go next?"

"Absolutely!" She said, jumping to all fours. "I'm thankful that I get to live in the bestest town with the bestest friends in the whole world! I'm also thankful for the Cake's letting me live with them... and all the free cupcakes I get to eat!... Alright, your turn AJ!"

Applejack stood up politely and cleared her throat. "Aww, shucks, let's see hear. I'm thankful for my wonderful Apple family - how they've always been there and helped make this harvest one of the best in a long time. I'm also thankful for all y'all for being the best friends ah I could ever hope for."

Applejack blushed and quickly took her seat once again. "Alright, Fluttershy? Looks like you're up."

"Um, okay," she responded. "I'm thankful for all the wonderful animal friends I've gotten to take care of this year. I'm also thankful for all the ponies who helped with the animal shelter fundraiser we had a few months ago... And I'm very, very thankful for you too. You're my best friends."

"Well, now I suppose it's my turn," Rarity said, wiping away a stray tear. "I'm thankful for how successful my business has been this past year and for all the opportunities it has opened for me. And of course, I couldn't have done any of it without all of you by my side, giving me support. Oh, I just love you all!"

With sniffle and a smile, Rarity sat back down, leaving only Spike to recite his thanks.

"Alright, here goes," Spike said. "I'm thankful for-"

"Um... excuse me?"

All six of the friends turned around toward the hallway behind them where Nurse Redheart was standing with a big smile.

"Um, Mr. Spike? Would you like to see your wife...and son?"

"S-Son?" Spike stuttered, suddenly losing feeling in his legs. "My son?"

Twilight could tell he was still reeling from the news, so she motioned for her and the rest of the girls to walk him back to the room. "C'mon big guy, let's go see your new family!"

Spike and the girls shuffled into the hospital room where Rainbow was propped up in her bed, half asleep and holding a small bundle against her.

"Rainbow?" Spike said, slowly approaching her, unable to stop smiling.

"Spike... Psh, the doctor's said giving birth would be hard, but it was nothing." Even when completely exhausted, she was still herself.

"I didn't expect anything less, Dash," he said.

The five girls slowly approached the bed around Spike to see Rainbow and the new baby.

"Oh, congratulations!"

"Yay! Now I have somepony all new to play with!"

"Congrats there, you two. Heh, looks like y'all will have a hopeful with this one."

"Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you, two."

"Oh, Spikey, Rainbow! He is absolutely adorable!"

After a few more seconds of congratulating, the Nurse came over and started nudging the girls back. "Alright, the mother and baby need rest, so Spike is the only one allowed in for now. You can all see her tomorrow!"

With a few waves and hugs, the girls left Spike and Rainbow alone.

"So, um... can I hold him?" Spike said.

"Heh, you don't exactly need my permission," Rainbow said with a weak chuckle. "But, you know, be careful."

Spike gently took the blanket-wrapped bundle from his wife and looked at his new son. It was mainly dragon, due to Spike's strong genetics, but it had the smaller frame and mane of a pony. Light blue scales, green eyes and the mother's rainbow-coloured mane. As far as its parents were concerned, it was the most beautiful baby in the world.

"Wow," Spike said, looking at their son. "Best Thanksgiving ever."

"So, Spike, what are you thankful for?" Rainbow said.

Spike gently turned his body around to lay next to Rainbow. "Well, first off, I'm thankful for having the best family in the world. A beautiful wife who loves me, and now a son we can take care of together. I'm thankful for all my friends who stayed with me the past ten hours in the waiting room out there. Without them, I would've had a heart attack. And most of all, I'm thankful for every Thanksgiving we'll get to have together in the future."

Rainbow snuggled up next to Spike and gently stroked her baby. "I'm thankful for having the best, most awesome dragon in the world with me. And the fact you get to be with me forever... And I'm thankful for the getting to have the best baby in the world. He's gonna...be...awesome."

With that last sentence, Rainbow drifted off to sleep, curled up next to Spike. AT the same time, their brand new baby fell asleep, curled onto his chest.

Spike let out a happy sigh and planted a kiss on both members of his family.

"Thank you guys. I love you so much."

Words: 1223

NEXT PROMPT: WHEAT BREAD

Vexy
Group Admin

Claimed.

Vexy
Group Admin
Vexy #114 · Jan 7th, 2015 · · 2 ·

Prompt: Wheat Bread

"Are you serious?"

"What do you mean?"

Spike paused from rummaging through his cupboards to look behind him at Rainbow Dash. The mare in question was looking at him with an incredulous expression.

"What do you mean 'what do I mean'? Do you actually eat this stuff?" Rainbow questioned, prodding the slice of bread that Spike had put on her plate.

Spike looked from the bread to Rainbow Dash and then to the bread once more. Finally, he shrugged. "Looks like bread." His frown deepened. "Wait, you're not allergic to gluten or something?"

"What? No!" Rainbow said, rolling her eyes dramatically. "I'm talking about the bread. It's white bread."

Spike blinked twice before returning to the cupboard to see if he could find that jar of strawberry jelly he was looking for. "Yes, it's bread, Dash. Do you eat clouds over at your house or something?"

"Do you know how much healthier wheat bread is for you?" she inquired. "And it tastes better too."

At this, Spike turned around to raise his eyebrows at Rainbow. "Wait, you're complaining about the kind of bread I buy?"

"Well if you're gonna buy lame bread like this, I'm not sure you and I can see each other anymore," she replied, a coy smile dancing across her lips.

"You realize I've bought you your own toothbrush, your own towel, your own bar of soap and that shampoo that you like because you're over here so often, and now you want me to buy you wheat bread?"

"What's wrong with wheat bread?" she demanded with a grin.

"Well, it's inedible, but that's not what I was trying to say," he protested.

"You got something against wheat bread, huh?" Rainbow said with a smirk, trotting over to thrust her snout in his face. "You've got some real nerve, buddy!"

Spike groaned. "Fine, I'll buy wheat bread next time."

"Don't think I'll be stopping by again if you forget," she added.

"But only if you promise to stop stealing the duvet every time," Spike continued with a sly grin.

A frown tugged at Rainbow's lips, but another glance at the bread on her plate made up her mind for her. "Fine," she said. "Deal."

Next Prompt: Manes

I have a fun one, I'll claim Manes if everyone is cool with it

"So Rainbow, you feel like maybe hitting up a bar tonight?"

"Um... hey Rainbow... do you maybe want to... um.... want to go out some time?"

"Hey, I didn't know there were any other fillyfoolers in town. Feel like heading up to the clouds for some fun?"

It was just non-stop all day and Rainbow was completely sick of having to tell these mares she didn't swing that way. All her life she had to put up with this and it infuriated her to no end. Every time she went out drinking, some mare would hit her up hoping for a good time, or looking to invite her to some gay pride group. What was worse was that all this attention from the wrong gender seemed to steer all the stallions away. They knew she was tough and easy to anger so they all hedged their bets on which side she played and stayed clear.

She had nothing against fillyfoolers, heck she was friends with several back in Cloudsdale (which likely hadn't helped things), she simply wasn't one and she was so tired of having to correct everypony.

She knew of several reasons why everypony just seemed to make the connection she liked mares. She didn't hang out with a lot of stallions, her tomboy attitude seemed very stereotypically gay and her athletic lifestyle all seemed to point towards a taste for tacos. But she knew these were all things that could be overlooked or unknown to those who hadn't met her. No the biggest thing, the sign that had been with her ever since she was born was very obvious to all.

Her outrageously rainbow coloured mane.

She wasn't sure who had initially thought of rainbows being a representation for homosexuality, but whoever it was, she hoped to someday meet them so she could smash her hoof into their face.

It didn't matter that her mane was naturally rainbow coloured not dyed, the instant anypony saw it flags went off in their head that just screamed 'wow she must be a fillyfooler'. It was so annoying and no matter how many times she had to explain she wasn't into mares, the group would take a collective look at her mane and think 'nah she definitely likes girls'.

It was so unfair. All the other signs she could explain or hide, but her mane was a dead giveaway and there was nothing she could do about it.

Or was there?

"Hey Twilight, I'm going out for a bit, I'll see you later." Without waiting for a response, Spike ducked out of the palace and made a quick walk towards town. Twilight had been given some new assignment by Celestia again and had, as usual, stressed over it so hard she had stayed up all night study and was now frizzy haired and on the fritz. Spike had helped all morning, but now it was time for a break. There was only so much crazy Twilight a guy could take before he just had to get away for a while.

After ensuring he had gathered enough distance between himself and the crystal palace he slowed his gait and started to hum pleasantly to himself. He was just approaching town square when something odd caught his sight.

A mare was walking around flipping her clearly dyed black mane about looking to draw some attention from some stallions. They looked at her for a moment, but suddenly seemed to recognize her and immediately lost interest. The mare gave a dejected groan and started to trot off in spike's direction, where he finally got a look at her face.

"Rainbow Dash? Is that you? What's up with the black mane and tail?" the Pegasus stopped and looked at him, looking a little tired, as if the explanation just seemed to drain her. Spike gave her a look of concern but it did little to improve her mood.

"Hey Spike. Just thought I'd try out some new colours, see if I could get everypony to stop making assumptions about me, but it doesn't look like it worked." this news seemed to bring her already upset mood even lower. Spike wasn't sure what to do, but he could see his friend was hurting so he gently placed his claw on her back and got her to look at his face.

"Hey it's alright. I'm sure whatever assumptions are being made can't be that bad. What have ponies been saying about you?"

She started to reply when Flitter and Cloudchaser trotted passed.

"Hey Rainbow, we were wondering if you wanted to go grab a drink tonight? Maybe the three of us can have some fun."

Rainbow just gave a dejected sigh and turned to them both. "Guys, I've told you before, I'm not into mares. Please stop asking me."

The twins just looked at each other and sighed, "Still in the closet Rainbow. Really, ponies aren't going to judge you around here. You should stop hiding who you are."

Before Rainbow could once again confirm they were wrong, the twins fluttered away looking disappointed. Rainbow simply turned back to Spike, who could now tell what had been eating her, "Still guessing about the assumptions?"

Spike could tell this was hurting her, and judging by the looks around the square, most ponies seemed to agree with Flitter and Cloudchaser. The dragon thought hard for a moment, wondering what he could do to help when suddenly it came to him. With a smirk on his face he looked at Rainbow, who seemed a little confused by his expression.

"Hey Rainbow, I have an idea about how to make ponies see the truth."

"Oh really, what is-..." the blue pony's retort was cut off as a scaly pair of lips pressed against her own, and a pair of strong draconian arms wrapped around her and swept her off her hooves. Rainbow's eyes bulged for a moment, before closing slightly in pleasure, he wings poofing up sharply.

Ponies all over the market square stared in shock as the dragon held Rainbow bridal style in his arms kissing her passionately. The moment seemed to last forever, before finally the two needed to breath and their lips slowly separated. Rainbow still looked a little shocked before letting a warm smile cross her muzzle as she pushed her forehead up against Spike's, loving the confidant smile on his face, "Yeah, I think that'll convince em."

Spike was pleased, though a thought occurred to him as he realised he really didn't want to let her go, "Well, I think there might still be a few ponies we need to convince. Perhaps tonight over at the Grassy Knoll around 7. I'd love to help 'convince them' with you some more."

Thinking about his warm lips pressed against her own, the only response Rainbow could give was, "Hell yeah!"

Hope this was ok. Next prompt: Lifestyle

Lifestyle

Two short knocks in rapid succession were swiftly followed by another pair of ringing blows against the large castle doors. Spike raised his claw, but before he could bring it down against the doors again, they swung open, revealing the frowning alicorn behind them.

"You're late," Twilight said. Spike ducked his head shamefully under Twilight's stare. He opened his mouth to apologize but was cut off by a sudden embrace as the princess threw her forelimbs around him. "It's been a while," she whispered.

"Oh come on, Twilight," Spike said, breaking into a grin as he returned the hug, "we saw each other just the other day."

"That was with everypony else," Twilight said. She released Spike and stepped aside to along the dragon inside. "When was the last time we did something together, just the two of us?"

"Yeah, I guess it's been a while." Spike's grin turned rueful. "Sorry I haven't been visiting as often. Rainbow's preparing to go on tour so we've been trying to spend as much time as possible together."

"That can't be easy," Twilight said as she led him toward a table carrying a tin of cookies and a jug of lemonade. She waited for Spike to take a seat before sitting down herself. "Being separated from her like this for such a long time, I mean."

"Yeah, but it's her dream, I'll manage. Maybe I'll even work here again during that time," Spike said. "You're still looking for an assistant, right?"

"Yeah," Twilight sighed, pouring out two cups of lemonade. "I've gotten a few interns from Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but none of them last longer than a month."

"Maybe you should lower your expectations, you're not going to find an assistant as amazing as I was," Spike joked, winning a roll of eyes from Twilight. "But seriously, I heard you fired your last assistant because of you didn't like her nachos."

"Hey, she was on loan from Canterlot and was finishing that month! She wasn't fired," Twilight protested. "But I have been missing your nachos," the princess admitted.

"Stop by some time then, then I'd have an excuse to finally make them," Spike said as he took a gulp of lemonade, then reached for a cookie. "Hey, are these--"

"Snickerdoodles with sugar crystals from the Crystal Empire," Twilight answered with a nod. "Cadence sent them over. Wait, what do you mean, finally make them?"

"Huh?" Spike said, spraying cookie crumbs. He swallowed and finished his lemonade. "Oh, Rainbow Dash isn't a huge fan of nachos."

"What? Really?"

"She doesn't hate them or anything, but I can't make them very often. 'Too unhealthy'," Spike said, air quoting and all.

"Are you sure you're talking about Rainbow?" Twilight asked. "You saw how many cake she had during Fluttershy's birthday."

"That was a special occasion, she's got a pretty strict diet at home. We eat wheat bread."

"No!" gasped Twilight.

"It's true." Spike shuddered. "And remember when we used to joke about Rainbow Dash sleeping in because of all the naps she takes?"

"Yeah?"

"Total horse apples. She gets up real early to work out every morning, and she keeps making me get up with her." Spike groaned. "I'm kind of glad I don't have wings yet, otherwise she'd make me do way more than just jog and do pushups with her."

"Well, I guess that does make since, considering she's a Wonderbolt," Twilight reasoned. "You look good by the way, all that exercise must have worked."

"You think so?" Spike glanced down, twisting and turning as he examined himself. Chubby baby fat no longer clung to his waists or stomach, he noted, and as he rubbed his arm in embarrassment, Spike couldn't help but notice just how tight the limb felt.

"Lookin' good Spike, lookin' real good," Twilight joked, laughing. Spike joined in, chuckling as he playfully flexed his arms. "So, eating healthy, waking up early, any other changes to your lifestyle?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I share a bed with a beautiful mare who gives me lots of good night kisses..." Spike's eyes narrowed, and he smirked. "...along with other things."

"Yes, that's new," Twilight scoffed, shaking her head. "And a little too much information."

"It's not as great as it sounds. She keeps hogging the covers, and her hooves are freezing."

Next prompt: Curiosity

Fanfics

spike walked in to the cloud house he shared with his marefriend rainbow dash. "rainbow I'm back." he shouted but he didn't get a reply, so he tried again. "rainbow dash, are you here?." still nothing, spike decided to go look for her thinking she just couldn't hear him.
spike walked through the cloud house. he didn't see his marefriend but he did manage to hear her the closer he got to the bed room, and she did not sound happy.

"are you kidding me, why would I even do something like that. . .that doesn't even make any sense. . . you idiots know nothing about me."

spike opened the bedroom door and walked in. spike saw that his marefriend was on the computer with her back turned to him.
"hey dash I'm back." spike said and this time he did get a response out of her.

rainbow dash spun her chair around and had a huge smile across her face.
dash flew over to her drakefriend and gave him a passionate kiss. "hey big guy great to see your back. sorry I didn't greet you at the door I was, preoccupied."
rainbow said while rubbing the back of her head.

"yeah I heard. you sounded more ticked off then luna when she's losing at a game. what got you so worked up to make you that upset anyway?." spike asked his marefriend with a concerned look on his face.

"oh I was ahhh reading fanfics." rainbow dash said, still rubbing the back of her head.
"fanfics?." spike said with a raised eyebrow
"yeah, you know the ones ponies write about you me and the girls."
"ok but why are you so upset are they really that bad?."
"its not that its bad, its what they write about me."
"what they. . . write about you?." spike asked confused.
"yeah check it out." rainbow said as she flew back to the computer and sat back down on the chair.

"listen to this . . . they write that I'm an egocentric jerk, who makes others upset. they make it sound like I'm a bully who doesn't care about others feelings. . . OH and this, this really takes the cake. . . they write things like. (then rainbow dash came in and started making out with all the mares. because you know, she's an athletic tomboy with a rainbow mane, so that must make her a totall bucking lesbo.) I swear to Celestia, if I read one more story that says I'm gay, I'm putting my hoof through the screen. just because I'm not girly and like to act a little tomboyish doesn't mean I'm a BUCKING LESBIAN. and I can't help what my mane looks like, its what I was born with."

after rainbow finished she turned her chair back around to look at spike. "can you believe ponies write about me like that." rainbow dash said with a pout. what spike thought looked cute, even though he would never say it to her out loud.

spike just gave a confused look, with his eyebrow raised. "someone actually wrote. totall bucking lesbo?."

rainbow just rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed groan. "whatever." rainbow said as she turned the chair back to face the computer. "it doesn't even matter, let them write what they want, I don't even care."

even though she said she didn't care, spike could tell she was upset, because under that tuff act rainbow dash puts on, is still a mare with feelings. and spike could always tell what she's feeling, even when she tries to hide it behind her tuff act.
spike walked behind rainbow dash and rapped his arms around her, while giving her small kisses on her neck and cheek. he then rested his chin on her shoulder and looked at the computer screen. "dash let me ask you something. have you read any stories involving me?."

"apart from the rare ones where you and me get together, I can't say I have. I mostly read the stories involving me. sorry."

spike shook his head, what rainbow could feel as his chin moved on her shoulder. "you don't have to be sorry rainbow, you can read whatever you want. the reason I asked is because I have, and do you know what ponies write about me?."

"what?."

"they write that twilight, a pony who isn't even that much older then me, who hardly knows anything about my species, is my mother. . . they write that Rarity is my one true love, my soul mate, and that the two of us are destined to be together forever. just because I had a crush on her when I was a kid, not caring whether or not me and Rarity have anything in common, and all the other things that make a good relationship work. . . they write that the ponies I'm close to, the ones I consider my friends. treat me horribley, act like I don't even exist, and see me as nothing more then a broom in the corner. . . but no matter what others may write about me, I would never let stories bother me. and do you know why?."

"why?." rainbow dash asked as she rubbed her cheek against his in an affectionate manner.

"because thats all they are rainbow. stories. there not real. . . ponies can write whatever they want because it will never change are real lives. . . I love twilight and she will always be my childhood friend, and the one who hatched me. but Princess Celestia will always be the one I see as my mother, just as she sees me as her son, because she raised me in my early years . . . and Rarity will always be nothing more then a childhood crush. and I'm glad that's all she is. because I don't think I could be more happy with anypony, then I am with you rainbow." after spike said that he gave rainbow a quick kiss on the cheek, what she gave a happy sigh to.

"and what they wrote about everypony treating me horribley. is bull, the girls and especially you rainbow dash. treat me with kindness love and respect, and you all make me feel like I'm really needed."

"so your saying I should just ignore what others write about me?." rainbow dash said, while rapping her forelegs around spikes arms.

"I'm saying that what they write, doesn't matter. what they write doesn't change the fact, that your loyal and always put your friends ahead of anything else. and it doesn't change the fact that you have a kind heart no matter how tuff you may act. . . but the most important thing is that. no matter what they write, you will always be my mare. my dash. and no amount of fanfics will ever change that."

"you know what spike. your right there just stories, there not real. because the real me is awesome no matter what others may write about me."
rainbow dash then shut down the computer, got off the chair and then gave her drakefriend, another passionate kiss.
when she pulled away she gave him a smile that warmed his heart.
"thanks for always being there for me big guy. it may take a bunch of bad fanfics to make me feel bad. but it only takes one of you to make me feel happy."

spike couldn't help but chuckle a little at that. "wow dash, when did you get so sappy?."

rainbow just gave him an angry glare for that remark. " ok first of, I'm only going to be like that under this roof, so don't expect me to act like that outside. because I don't want others thinking I'm sappy as you put it, I have an image to up hold after all. and finally." rainbow stopped looking angry and instead gave a small smile. "your worth being sappy for." rainbow dash said as she gave spike a small kiss on the lips.

after they parted from the kiss rainbow rapped her forelegs around spike's neck. "so big guy what do you want to do now?."
rainbow looked at spike as he seemed to be deep in thought. she parted from him, hoping to give him some thinking space. after a few seconds spike looked like he remembered something. "oh that's right I came back for a reason, I wanted to ask you something." "shoot." "I promised one of are friends that I would help her out with something, I wanted to know if you wanted to come also, you know, to make the work go faster?."

rainbow dash just gave him a smug smile as she said. " of course. I am the Element of Loyalty after all. lead the way spike."

as they both walked to the bedroom door. rainbow dash turned to spike and said. "thanks again for setting me straight, I can't believe I let a bunch of made up stories get the best of me."

"No problem, but we should really get going, I'm five minutes late as it is."

"ok but what are we doing again, I don't think you said. what are we helping twilight or something?." rainbow asked thinking she probably should have asked what she's helping with before hoof.

"no, I promised pinkie pie I'd help her bake cupcakes." spike said as he opened the bedroom door.

rainbow dash froze up after hearing that. "p p pinkie asked you to bake with her?." rainbow dash asked with a shaky voice, what spike took notice of.
"yeah, why does that bother you or something?." spike asked as he turned back around to look at dash, who looked scared no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

"no, no that doesn't bother me, wh, why would that bother me.?"
spike walked up to dash and put a comforting claw on her shoulder. "dash what's wrong, you look like you seen a ghost." spike asked concerned.

rainbow dash went under the cloud covers in a blink of an eye, so that nothing but her eyes where seen. what seemed to be shifting around the room.
"nothings wrong, I just feel under the weather is all. eyup that's it, I'm sick *Cough* see, *Cough* *Cough*." dash said while giving the worst fake Cough ever.

spike walked to the bottom edge of the cloud bed, while he gave rainbow a concerned and confused look at the same time.
"ok rainbow what's wrong with you?. one moment your fine the next you act like this. . . I mean all I said was, we are going to pinkies to bake cu." spike face then turned serious. "you read cupcakes didn't you?."

rainbows head shot out of the covers as she shouted. "I DON'T WANT TO BE BAKE GOODS!!!." then she went back under.

spike just rolled his eyes and gave an. are you kidding me sigh. turned around and went for the bedroom door.
"I'll see you when I get back, ok dash. and don't worry there isn't even anything sharp enough the cut through my scales."

spike left the cloud house, while rainbow dash cowered under the covers.
"if spike goes missing your the first one I'm coming for pinkie." rainbow let out a annoyed moan as she went deeper under her cloud covers.
"stupid fanfics."

4032921 ahahahahahahah

3953262 I'll take on Curiosity.

CURIOSTY

“Oh, Spike…”

Rainbow Dash struggled in an effort to get out of bed, but failed miserably.

“Spike, I think I’m just going to stay in bed today,” Rainbow said, turning over to look at Spike. “I can barely move. My butt hurts so bad. Ugh!”

“Wow, Dash,” Spike said, trying to hold back a laugh. “Who knew that your curiosity would hurt so much, huh?”

“Shut it!” she replied, whacking him in the head with her hoof. “I blame you for this.”

“How am I responsible for your butt hurting?” Spike replied, rubbing his now sore cheek.

“Because! The whole thing was your idea in the first place!”

“No, I just brought it up in conversation. You were the one who just had to try it! I was more than content with just doing things the normal way.”

“Hmph, yeah whatever,” she said with a frown. “But you know just as well as I do that this wouldn’t have happened with you and your freakin’ dragon stamina. The first fifteen minutes was okay, but the thirty minutes after… I couldn’t take any more, yet you just had to finish anyway!”

“Awh, c’mon Dash,” Spike said, gently snuggling Rainbow Dash into his chest. “You know you had fun.”

“Well, maybe…” she said with a slight grin as she cuddled into her husband. “But still, you owe me a butt massage today. Think you can handle that?”

“Yeah, I think I can do that,” Spike said, gently running his claws over her cutie mark. “I’ll handle it just fine.”

“Good. Now, since I’m stuck in bed and you’re not, go bring me my favourite Daring Do book so we can read it together.”

Spike chuckled lightly. “Really? Are you sure you don’t wanna do the PonyX Glute workout again? Maybe it won’t hurt as bad this time.”

“No! That was the last time I try a new workout routine.”

“Fine, fine… We’ll just stay in bed all day if you want to.”

Rainbow tilted her head up and kissed Spike on the lips. “That’s what I want.”

Next Prompt: Wedding Day

Claiming Wedding Day

Wedding Day

No matter how hard he tugged at it, the tie strangling him refused to loosen. With a frustrated sigh, Spike released the fabric fastened around his neck and let it hang over the balcony's painted white railings as he leaned over. She chose an amazing spot, right beside the beach, with a beautiful view of the sea. Spike looked up and followed the sun slowly begin its descent, painting the sky orange as it moved.

A rose bush had been arranged around the railing, adorning the balcony with lovely red flowers and breaking the monotonous white. Her dress had been similar, Spike remembered, white with complementing splashes of pink, with streaks of red on the train. The veil was yellow, a bright, warm buttery color, thin enough for one to steal a quick peek at the bride's blushed cheeks and rose colored lips.

Spike tore a rose from the bush and peeled away the petals, letting them rain into the foaming ocean below. The seaside breeze was warm, but he shivered anyways, making no move for the black dress jacket draped over the railing next to him.

"Hey."

Spike lifted his head and turned, dropping the rest of the flower in surprise. Rainbow Dash, wearing her airy sky blue gown, with plenty of room in the back for her wings, approached. "Hey," Spike said, looking back to the sunset. "What are you doing here? I thought you were dancing."

"They started the slow dance, and I don't do slow," Rainbow said as she slumped over the balcony beside Spike. "What about you? What're you out here for?"

"Just needed some fresh air," Spike answered, breathing deeply. His eyes widened, and suddenly he began to hack and wheeze. "Oh geez, that's salty," he coughed.

"Guess it is a bit stuffy in there," Rainbow agreed. "So how you holding up?"

The dragon lowered his head and sighed, shooting out a stream of sparks from his nose. "Is it that obvious?" he asked.

"Kinda, but I don't think anypony wanted to bring it up. Pretty awkward thing to talk about," Rainbow Dash said, slugging at Spike's shoulder. "So, wanna talk about it?"

"I thought you said it was awkward," Spike grumbled.

"Yeah, but it's better than, well, this," the pegasus argued, gesturing at the deserted balcony, save for the both of them. Laughter rang out from beyond, from the decorated gazebo at the end of the path. "Come on," Rainbow insisted, "just get it out of you system so we can go join the others."

"I don't know, I think I'd just kill the mood if I went."

"You're killing the mood now."

Spike reached out and grabbed another rose. "It's just, I know I should be happy for her. I mean, I know she's happy and he makes her happy. I know he'll treat her right, like a real lady. I know I should be happy, I'm her friend, but, it's just, I can't help it."

A scaly fist pounded against the while wooden rails, shaking them. "I can't help it. I told myself I moved on, I told myself I was fine with this, but I can't help it. I keep wondering to myself, what if it was me standing next to her. There's that stupid voice in my head that keeps telling me I could make her happier," Spike growled, striking the balcony rails again, "and I just can't get it to shut up!"

He raised his fist and prepared to bring it down. Something held him back, keeping the claw in the air. Rainbow Dash, Spike realized as he turned, had grabbed his arm. She released the limb, and Spike let it fall limply to the side.

"Even after all this time?" Rainbow asked.

Spike chuckled bitterly. "I'm pathetic, still pining after a mare I never had a chance with."

Rainbow Dash raised a wing and struck the dragon in the back of the head. "Maybe a little," she said as Spike rubbed the afflicted area, "but it's not the end of the world. It's time to move on."

"Weren't you listening?" Spike hissed. "I know that. I thought I did."

"But you hadn't. Maybe today'll help," Rainbow said. She stared out into the horizon, watching the sun sink into the ocean. "Maybe today's a reality check. You can't keep living that fantasy of yours after seeing that after all."

Spike opened his mouth to argue. Nothing came out. Instead, he followed Rainbow's gaze toward the ocean. "Yeah, maybe you're right," he said quietly, barely louder than a whisper.

"There a lot of girls out there, plenty of fish in the sea." Rainbow patted Spike's back, then pushed herself away from the balcony's edge. "Hey, wanna dance?"

"Dance?" Spike repeated, tearing his eyes from the sunset and autumn skies in confusion. "What, like right here?"

"Well, you don't look like you're ready to join the rest of the party, and I don't think I'm ready to leave you here by yourself," Rainbow Dash declared. "Come on, like this." She placed her hooves into Spike's claws and forced him to stand straight. Following Rainbow's lead, the two began to sway.

"I thought you said you didn't do slow," Spike said as the skies began to darken.

Rainbow Dash smirked. "I don't, but when you're with me, the world just seems to slow down. Besides," she added, her lips brushing the tips of Spike's ears, "I'd say we're moving pretty fast."

Next prompt: qualification

Geez! why am I still thinking about this! I should just write! That's how everything gets done!:flutterrage:
soon as I'm off work you. are. mine.:trixieshiftleft:

Great initiative :raritywink: and happy writing!

Qualification claimed.

Prompt: Qualification

Vacation.

No matter how hard she requested or debated, she had been scheduled for time off. Her record had numerous accolades, she was in her prime, but still she was kicked to the curb.

Rainbow ground her face hotly, before slicking her hair back. The summer air was warm against her exposed muzzle. Her body suit doing well to insulate most of the temperature thanks to its enchantment. She snorted breathily, her head a muggy soup.

“Come on, Dash, It’s just a few months, you’ll be back in the fight before you know it.”

Rainbow Dash jolted, she nearly locked up before continuing her easy pace under the warm stars. She clicked her dry mouth, giving her partner a look.

“*tch* I know Dust, Its just stupid, and I know it’s going to feel way longer than that. I just can’t believe they’d think I need a break. Me! I can fly circles around any royal guard, outmaneuver flies! I mean come on! Ugh,” Rainbow sagged.

Her partner glided closer, her blonde mane buffeting in the breeze. She gave Rainbow a sympathetic smile. “I know girl, I get a little itchy in my time off too, but, you just don’t realize how high strung you can get out here.” She punched her lightly on the shoulder, “Visit your friends, family, hell, find a nice lay, it’ll help you relax.”

Rainbow Dash groaned as Lightning Dust giggled. Rainbow checked her aside. “Seriously Dust, I got better things to do than go chasing for some flank,”—lightning dust guffawed, causing a playful chase between her and Rainbow, --“Geez, will you grow up already. I swear, little Thunder is more mature than you.” Dash swatted her with her tail as she lazily passed.

“Thank you! *giggle* my baby is such a smart cookie!” Lightning beamed thinking about her waiting filly.

“Ugh, that wasn’t a compliment.” Rainbow rolled her eyes before gazing off. Both enjoyed the calm flight, Dash’s expression unreadable, while Lightning Dust watched her, smiling almost maternally.

“Hey, They’ll be more than happy to see you again, just focus on them, It’ll be fine.” Lightning brushed comfortingly against Dash.

Rainbow bowed her head, her Expression tense. “Gee, I hope so… I mean I haven’t seen him in a really, really, long time. Yea, it’ll be fine, probably… Right? Dust? Wait, why are you looking at me like that?”

Dust had a wide grin. She licked her lips mischievously before playfully saying, “oh nothing, it’s just,” she glanced at dash, “ I didn’t say him Dashy.”

This time dash really did lock up.

Lightning had to fight down her giggles, rolling her shoulders she prepared for the plummeting pegusus. Lightning shot off, rocketing through the sky. Even though her friend had a better record, she still held the title of fastest pony alive, but, as always it was just barely. Rainbow was hot on her tail.

“You better keep your mouth shut blabberface!” Rainbow barked as lightning darted away flitting around just out of reach. Throwing kissy faces.

“Aw, is the little filly embairwished? Why? Is it love?”

“I mean it! Come here! “

“Oh, I bet it’s because he’s all frilly and soft, your own personal teddy bear to huggle and snuggle. Is the tuff Dashy scared that everyone’s going to hear about her honey bunny?” Lightning dodged a murderous tackle, smirking as dash chased her all the harder.

“Oh, don’t worry, I’m just going to tell, everyone! before we head out!” Lightning chortled while Rainbow roared after her.

Both lost themselves to the chase, pulling off stunts that even the most fearless daredevil would think twice before trying.

Over time their flying became more competitive. one banking on a dime, and the other putting some flourish on it. The next more outlandish than the last.

Lightning gasped as she clipped a cloud that Rainbow deftly shot around. Rainbow slowed down, looping around her grumbling friend with a whoop.

“HA! 7 to 6! Looks like the mythical Lightning is losing her touch!” Rainbow cackled smugly as they drifted towards a river.

“Yea, well I’m still two up on you from last times Rainbow Crash.” Lightning laughed when dash punched her in the shoulder.

They quenched their dry throats before plopping down next to each other. The night air was cool as it kissed their coats. Lightning tossed her sweaty jumpsuit away before stretching out. Her aching muscles glowing satisfyingly. Dash was nearly asleep, lying on her back. Again Lightning smiled softly at dash before settling down, closing her eyes.

“Hey, Dash?”

“Hm?”

“Can I at least guess?” Lightning smirked when she heard dash groan.

“Fine. Just promise not to tell anyone, please?”

“Stick a cupcake in my eye. So… your friends brother? What was it? Big smith?”

Dash snorted. “Big Macintosh, and no, not him.”

Lightning hummed thoughtfully before really thinking about her friend. Her best Friend. She shifted to her side, looking at Rainbow Dash.

Understanding danced across her features before she shifted back, a contemplative look on her face.

“Oh, so, him?”

“Him who?” Dash’s voice was inquisitive, but Lightning caught the fear.

“No, I’d actually be anxious too, if it was like that.”

“Oh?” Rainbow anxiously whispered.

“But, heh, I can totally see you guys together.”

“…really?” She smiled at Rainbows hopeful tone.

“Yea the more I think about it, it just seems…Cute.”

Lightning laughed as she heard Rainbow roll away.

“Oh man, was I right about that teddy bear stuff? I was just teasing.”

Rainbow groaned.

“Oh, shush. It’s not that bad. Me and laney cuddle all the time as well. It’s so soothing right?”

“… “

“… “

“…Yea.”

“So, how’s he in the sack?”

“Oh my gosh lightning I hate you so much please die.”

Lightning held her sides as she roared with laughter. Rainbow just hid under her hooves, wishing something would come and just squish her.

Wow, I had something drastically different in mind but this just came out. hm.

Word count: 983

Next Prompt: Confession

Confession Clamed.

here is the prompt.

A certain purple dragoness was writing a poem on her desk as she was thinking of Rainbow Blitz. She turned as her door to her room opened to see Dusk Shine, her friend. “Barb, Blitz is back from Clouds Dale. So, you can finally tell him about your crush on him.”

“I hope so, see you later.” She said as she walked out of her chair. She hugged him and ran out of the library. When she was out side she flew to his house. When she arrived as his house she was a little nervous before she knocked Blitz’s front door. A few minutes later Blitz opened the door.

“Hi Barb, what are you doing here?” He asked.

“I just want to spend some time with you.” She asked. Blitz just shrugged and opened the door wider to let Barb in. “So how was the wonder bolts convention?”

“The convention was awesome! So what happened around here?”

“Not much, it was pretty much the same.” Ok, Barb time to ask him. “How do view me?”

Blitz was shocked when she asked that. “What do you mean Barb? I view as a freaind why do a- miph!” He was interrupted by a kiss on the lips by Barbra. “Barb.” He said in a shocked voice and expression.

“I’m sorry! I’l go!” She said before she ran out of his house. Blitz took a little while to get out of his shook and he soon flyed after Barbra. To took him a little while to spot Barbra on a cloud slumped over. He grabbed a near by cloud and he moved it near her.

“So what was that all about?” He asked as he got closer to her.

“I have a confession to make. I love you as a lover. I stared to have a crush on you when I stared on my training, I’m sorry I kissed.” She said in a sad tone thinking that she will be rejected.

“Don’t be sorry, someone like you deserve someone so awesome like me.” He said as he got right next to Barbra. Then out of now were she Blitz pulled Barb into a kiss. When the kiss ended Barbra had a huge smile on face knowing that her crush loves her.

Words 325

Next prompt anniversary

I claim this prompt in the name of...well, nothing, really, but I still claim it. Here is my story.

Spike and Rainbow Dash had been married for about a year now, and their anniversary was coming up quick. Each was trying to find a suitable gift for their spouse. Rainbow Dash found her gift to be simple enough.

Gems. That's want I'll get Spike for our anniversary. He loves gems more than anything. She thought to herself, but then realized her mistake in that last sentence. Well, almost anything.

Spike, however, was having a slight bit of difficulty trying to come up with a gift for his wife.

Hmm, what do I do? The only thing I know she really enjoys is the Wonderbolts, but I can't afford to buy two tickets to the Wonderbolts show. That, and they're already sold out. Hmm...

At that moment, he came up with a plan for his anniversary, but he knew he had to be quick. After all, the special day was only a few days away.

This is it, Rainbow Dash. Today's the day. Don't chicken out. Just...calm down.

The cyan pegasus hid a potato sack behind her. She had spent the last few days, with Rarity's help of course, searching for the most exquisite and flawless gems possible. Spike reserved the best, and she knew it. Rarity had used her gem-finding spell, and she had dug them up and tossed them into a cart that was colored purple and green.

As she waited for Spike to come home from his job, she began to feel nervous. What if it wasn't what he wanted after all, and she had just messed it all up?

Meanwhile, Spike was talking to his boss, the owner of a very high-profile restaurant, asking for the day off. His boss accepted, and Spike had finally finished his planning. All that was left was to execute the plan, and pray to Celestia that nothing went wrong.

He came home early, and saw Rainbow Dash sitting in front of a big sack.

"Happy anniversary, Spike." She placed the sack in front of him, and he saw the bast gems he had ever seen. Rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and 24 karat diamonds were flooding his eyes. This was the second best thing that had ever happened to him.

"Wow, Rainbow. You really outdid yourself. Thanks."

The pegasus blushed, and she couldn't help but feel glad that her plan was a success.

"Now, about your gift..."

"What is it? Please tell me it's awesome!" Rainbow Dash became giddy with excitement.

"I reserved us two VIP seats at the the next available Wonderbolts show in Canterlot."

Rainbow's wings immediately shot up behind her. She began to turn a dark shade of red. Her smile increased about...20%. All in the span of ten seconds flat.

Thousands of pegasi were cheering. A few were stomping their hooves. A certain pegasus/dragon couple were sitting in the VIP booth.

"Good afternoon, mares and gentlestallions, colts and fillies, foals of all ages. ARE YOU READY?!?!"

The cheering got a little louder.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!”

The sound that followed could've possibly put Vinyl Scratch's music skills to shame.

"EVERYPONY GIVE IT UP! FOR!!!!! THE WONDERBOLTS!!!!!!!!!!"

Rainbow Dash and Spike cheered the loudest, and seconds later, caught on the newly-developed kiss-cam. They knew that nothing would make their day better than this.

word count: 574

Next Prompt: parenthood

Vexy
Group Admin

Claimed.

Vexy
Group Admin

Parenthood

“Why?”

“Because I say so.”

“Mom! Dad’s being mean again!”

“Do as he says, Streak.”

“But I don’t want to!”

“Streak, you can’t say this every time we have dinner.”

“Yes I can! You’re trying to poison me!”

“It’s broccoli. Ponies eat broccoli. It’s good for you.”

“It’s poison! And you’re not even a pony. How do you know what ponies like to eat?”

“Even though he’s a dragon, I’m pretty sure Spike knows what a vegetable is, Streaky. You haven’t got me on your side for this one.”

“Why not!”

“Broccoli’s good for you. It allows you to perform your best, and you shouldn’t be satisfied with anything but your best.”

“And it’s what we made for you—”

“Well, you made it, honey.”

“It’s what I made for you, and you’re going to sit here until it’s all gone.”

“Daaaaaaaad! You’re being so unfair!”

“No ifs or buts, young lady.”

“…I didn’t even say an if or a but.”

“Kid’s got you there, Spike.”

“Not helping, Dash!”

“Heh, sorry, but it’s true.”

“See, Dad. Even Mom agrees with me now.”

“Hey I didn’t say that!”

"Yes you did!"

“No I didn’t.”

“Yes you—”

“Alright, that’s enough, Streak. It’s time to see some of that broccoli disappear.”

“I don’t want to!”

“Don’t throw a tantrum on me.”

“I’m not going to eat it!”

“Well I guess someone’s not going to get dessert, then.”

“You can’t do this to me!”

“Streaky, honey, I’ll tell you what. You eat half that broccoli and I promise I’ll take you on one more flight.”

“Really?”

“Dash? Half?”

“Yes, really. And yes, half.”

“But that’s half a wasted—”

“Gross! It tastes like old horseshoes!”

“What did I tell you? Works a charm every time.”

“Dash…”

“Can we go flying tomorrow?”

“Alright, but go and choose a book to read later before bed.”

“Yay! Thanks Mom!”

“Pretty sure I was supposed to have a say in this…”

“Relax, Spike. It’s only half a broccoli. I’m sure she it won’t kill her.”

“I never thought you’d be better with kids than me.”

“Hey, you just need to know how to win ‘em over. Easy stuff.”

“Easier said than done.”

“…”

“…“

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

All dialogue this time. :twilightsmile:

Next prompt: Hooves

"Welcome home Dashie!" Pinkie cheered, tossing confetti in the air and blowing hard on her horn. The pegasus gave her excited friend a weary smile, turning to glance at all of her friends gathered there. All but one...

"Darling you looked simply exhausted!" Rarity gasped, snatching away her bags to ease the load on her back.

"Yea just...lots of work bein a star ya know?" Rainbow chuckled with a sigh.

"Well, it's about time they gave you a break Rainbow. How long are you going to be staying?" Twilight wondered, assisting Rarity with the rest of Rainbow's things.

"It's a two month leave, but they offered me a third month what with everything I've been doin lately." Rainbow replied, following her friends into town.

"Oh its so wonderful to see you again Rainbow, I mean, of course we saw all of your shows and we still wrote to each other, but its nice having you home again." Fluttershy smiled. Rainbow couldn't help but feel jealous of her friend.

The wonderful motherly glow, the smile on her face, and the gentle bump she was developing. Rainbow had never thought she'd want to be a mother, but seeing Fluttershy and hearing about all of her plans had really hit home. She winced as she stomped on a rock, shaking her hoof and grumbling under her breath.

"Hm, ah reckon yer plum tired o' walkin 'round, huh Dash?" Applejack pointed out, standing close to Fluttershy and ready to help at a moments notice. After all, that was her niece of nephew the pegasus was walking around with.

"Yea. I'm not really restricted from flying or anything but..."

"After doing it all day everyday its just as exhausting?" Twilight asked, answered only with a weary nod.

"What you need is some quality relaxation. I'm sure I could get you a day at the Spa!" Rarity said excitedly. Rainbow squeaked and shook her head.

"N-No it's cool Rares, you don't have to do any of that!" she said quickly, her friends bursting into laughter.

"Lemme guess, still worred about em touchin yer hooves?" Applejack grinned. Rainbow sighed as her shoulders slumped.

"Well...there is something else..." Twilight murmured, glancing upwards. The group of friends followed the alicorns gaze to spot one Spike Swiftshrike hovering in the air with a clipboard, ordering ponies around.

Rainbow felt her heart catch in her throat.

"Twilight you didn't?!" She panicked.

"Of course I didn't! But you should. AHEM...SPIIIIKE!" Twilight called, grinning as the drake glanced down, a large smile gracing his lips as he spotted his friends. He shouted a few more orders before landing beside them.

He's bigger than I remember... Rainbow thought to herself.

"Whats up Twi...Rainbow! Oh wow, it's been a while" he chuckled.

"Y-yea...couple monthes...Sorry for kinda dropping everything on you..." Rainbow mumbled.

"Nah, it hasn't been all bad. Just some crazy weather from the forest, but the new guys are ALMOST as good as you were. They just need someone keeping them on track." Spike shrugged, the pair hardly noticing as one by one their friends found a way to leave.

"So, how long are you gonna be in Ponyville?" Spike wondered as they walked side by side.

"Well that depends..." Rainbow glanced around before moving closer to the dragon.

"How long is your break?" she whispered. Spike grinned and flared out his wings, the pegasus gasping as she was swept off her hooves and flown into the clouds. Spike would have to remember to properly thank Twilight and her idea to soundproof the clouds. Rainbow always squealed the loudest when he played with her hooves.

Next Prompt: Fighting

Comment posted by Steadfast Hoof deleted Dec 24th, 2015

Prompt: Fighting.

"I'M HERE! I'm here! where is she?!" Spike had finally made it to the hospital and into the Maternity ward. Somehow its location still stuck, he attributed it to the memory of one of the happiest days in his life. Of him and his wife going in for their first ultrasound.

"Spike?" Twilight embraced Spike as he nearly tackled her in a tight hug. she looked terrible, gaunt even. He had been on edge ever since he received the letter of Rainbows hospitalization. he had raced back home from the dragon lands, his duty as ambassador to the dragon lord forgotten. Twilight's state scared him, as she looked up into his eyes he could see terrible things. things he wasn't ready to accept yet, so he pulled her back against him in a hug. He inhaled her familiar scent deeply, calming his nerves greatly as memories of happiness and safety flashed, when he was just a tiny whelp, when he wasn't able to fly or keep up on his tiny legs. he used those feelings of comfort and safety to bolster himself for whatever had his best and oldest friend so despondent.

“I’m here. Twilight i’m here. It's okay, what, what happened? Are they okay? I just got your letter saying rainbow had been found in the house. Is she okay? Is blitz okay? Twilight are they fine? Why-” she laid a hoof against mouth stopping him. He saw her take a deep breath before opening her eyes and looking straight into his.

“Spike, before anything please take a seat.” she motioned towards chairs lined in the hallway.

He hadn't even asked which room it was that they were in. His mind was flying a mile a minute. He felt his anger rise, she wanted to waste more time after telling him that his wife was hospitalized? He had to bite his tongue and vigorously scrub his face. His emotions almost taking him. This was twilight, his sister, she’d saved the world and was princess for Celestia’s sake. She always know what to do, and she had asked him to sit down.

To sit down.

All color drained from his face.

Twilight saw his outburst before it could begin. She held him tightly and spoke quickly, franticly.

“Shes fine. Rainbow dash is okay spike. It was an infection and they caught it. she's going to be okay. Please calm down, please, spike. She really needs you right now.-” she moved his downcast face to look into her steady gaze,”-she needs you calm spike. She needs to lean on you, s-so just sit down for a second. Please. “

Spike pushed her away. Harder than he intended and scrubbed at his face, clasping his nose in both claws as he all but fell into a chair. He let his rough breathing settle before speaking up, his voice trembling. “ Okay… I’m, *inhale*, *exhale* I’m calm. I’m calm. What happened? Whats going on?”

He saw twilight tense and he closed his eyes, not strong enough to look at her. She had to take a few deep breaths before he heard her come over and wrap him in another hug, placing her forehead against his. She had a tremor in her voice that he pretended not to hear. “The foal was a stillborn. A septic infection set in her womb.”

Twilight's heart broke, as spike did. He froze, she expected him to lash out at her, strangely she wanted that over what happened next. Spike started sobbing. He kept trying to get away from her, clutching and touching all over his face. Seconds passed agonizingly before he finally, shakily melted into her hug. His tail wrapped painfully around her rear leg as he clutched her like a lifeline and blubbered. She held him as tightly as she could before speaking, the strength in her voice surprising her.

“I'm sorry Spike. I'm so, so, sorry. Let it out. Let it out.” -she gave him a squeeze before speaking calmly,- “ You’re going to have to be strong for her when you go in there, so just let it out. She needs you strong.” she ran a hoof up and down along his back. Slowly his shaking subsided into sporadic coughs and he found his voice.

“W-what happened?”

“The doctors aren't too sure, they could only use a magical scan so the details are sketchy but they believe Blitz had claws. Foals like to kick in the womb and, she developed and infection from all the scratches.”

“Is that why she collapsed?”

“...no. some of her ribs and lower sternum were broken.”

“What? Was she training? Did she fall?”

“No. Fluttershy and Applejack made sure she was grounded. The doctors believe it was caused by… the foal.”

Spike broke away, looking at twilight dumbfoundedly. “What?”

“The damage was caused internally, the doctors didn't understand it, but I think I know why, i mean, you are a dragon spike, don't you remember all the times you’d crush rocks with your bare claws or carry huge amounts of weight?”

“...so it was because i'm a dragon?”

“Spike, a dragon and pony conceiving has never been documented before. Complications were… look, Spike, none of this matters right now. She needs you.”

“twilight … what am I going to say? I-I d-don't know what to do!! I don't know how to face her twilight! Our foal is… he's gone… because of me.”

“Spike. No. you-”

“Twilight, you said it yourself. I'm a dragon… oh, rainbow... What am I supposed to do.”

Word count: 922. (Gotta go! Not enough time to finish! sorry.)

Next Prompt: Disability

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 161