SpikeDash 897 members · 199 stories
Comments ( 161 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 161

PROMPT: PARADISE

Spike felt like he was living in a nightmare that just wouldn't stop.

A nightmare that saw fit to take place within the Ponyville Supercenter at precisely 2 a.m. He had to constantly remind himself why he was crazy enough to brave the midnight hours in the middle of a snowstorm, just to keep himself from going insane.

"Alright, Spike. You can do this. Rainbow is only gonna be pregnant for a couple more months, and then she'll stop asking for outrageous food and grocery items like this."

Pulling out the list, Spike glanced over it, checking off the items he had already gotten.

"Let's see... Cantaloupe? Check. Almond butter? Check. Cocoa Splosion? Double check. Sassafras Vinegar Rice Cake? ...Ugh, check. Now let's see, one last item here... It can't be. No!"

It was far beyond his worst nightmare, or the nightmare of any male creature for that matter. Looking over the list one last time to make sure he wasn't seeing things, he realized there was no mistake.

"Paradise Protection Plus Pads... why me?!"

Steeling his nerves, he accepted that fate hated him and travelled his way to the aisle he had hoped he would never have to go down.

Passing packs of tampons and other things, he eventually was able to search out the item needed.

"Alright, Paradise, yeah, protection," he said, mumbling to himself, verifying the item's legitimacy. Unfortunately, two stallions just happened to walk by and, of course, snickered and laughed.

Pouting and cursing under his breath, the tired and embarrassed dragon found his way to the checkout, where a younger pegasus mare was waiting. "Oh no..."

One by one, Spike put up the items he was purchasing, the mare simply humming and smiling.... until she got to the pads, which is when she looked up at Spike.

Oh no, here it comes.

"You're mate sure is lucky to have somepony as dedicated and loving as you," she said sweetly, putting the item in the bag with the rest.

Spike turned his thoughts to the mare waiting back home for him. Rainbow Dash, the love of his life. AFter a few seconds of thought, he realized he'd be willing to do this and anything else she needed of him just because he loved her.

"Yeah, well, she's too awesome to not love."

Next Prompt : STUFFED ANIMAL PLUSHIES

Vexy
Group Admin

"Your mate sure is lucky to have somepony as dedicated and loving as you,"

Just to clarify: did you mean mate or mare?

Yeah, FLW loves his fluff. :rainbowlaugh:

Vexy
Group Admin

Claimed.

Vexy
Group Admin

Prompt: STUFFED ANIMAL PLUSHIES

"Whoa! What the hay, Spike?" Rainbow exclaimed as she got up and brushed herself down. "What's with all the soft toys?"

Spike groaned from the floor. "It's not what it looks like, I swear!" he said. "Just let me explain!"

Rainbow snickered and picked one up. It was a soft toy replica of a golden dragon. "Cute."

"R-Rainbow, you see. I don't know where these came from! I think they're Twilight's. They must be Twilights, yeah!" Spike said quickly. "They just happened to be in the room when you crashed in here."

"Twilight's, huh?" she giggled. "Well, I'm not going to lie: these are pretty cool." She waved the plushie in the air and laughed. "This is actually pretty well designed." She gave Spike a serious look. "I didn't know you were into soft toys, though."

"No!" Spike cried, blushing wildly. He scrambled to pick up the remaining soft toys. "I swear it's not like that!"

Rainbow giggled again, but looked down at the plushie longingly. "This is kinda awesome," she said slowly. "I didn't really know anypony else liked soft toys."

"I don't—wait, anypony else?" Spike inquired.

Rainbow blushed. "Er, you know what, it doesn't matter," she said quickly. "Just forget about it. You wouldn't happen to have the sequel to that book you gave me last week? You know, Earthbound. That was a really cool read!"

"Hey, back up, Rainbow. Did you just say you were into soft toys?" Spike asked hopefully.

Rainbow looked around hastily before shooting a glare at Spike. "Keep it down, will ya?" she hissed, flying over to him. "I've got a rep to maintain!"

"You do like them!?" Spike gasped. "Man, that's so awesome!" He paused. "Weird and unexpected, but awesome!"

"Yeah well don't go telling anypony about it, or you're going to be one doomed dragon," she growled.

Spike raised his arms defensively. "Hey, your secret's safe with me… as long as you keep mine," he offered.

Rainbow thought about the offer for a moment and then nodded. "Okay. Deal."

"Good."

"Alright then."

"Cool," Spike replied.

"Yep."

The two lasped into an awkward silence, neither sure of what to say. Suddenly Rainbow broke the silence. "Hey, you wanna come over sometime? I've never really met a guy who's into soft toys before."

"Sure!" Spike said enthusiastically. His eyes widened and he cleared his throat. "I mean, er, yeah that sounds kinda cool."

Rainbow grinned. "Cool." She cleared her throat and backed away again. "Anyway, about that book…"

Next prompt: Famous

Can I claim Famous?

Prompt: Famous

"Hey Dash, can you help me get famous?"

The newly minted Wonderbolt just looked at the drake in front of her with an odd expression.

"Um, what?"

Spike just gave a sigh before looking back at her, "I asked if you could help me get famous."

"No no, I heard you, I meant, why? You've never really cared about getting famous before? What's up?" Rainbow asked as she fluttered down to look him in the eye. This was a little easier than it used to be due to the height he had gained over the years. With all four of her hooves on the ground, his bipedal form now stood just a head taller than her.

The dragon rubbed the back of his head as he looked away from her, but she knew that he knew that this gesture was pointless, and if she wanted to know what was up, he was going to tell her what was up. Finally with another sigh he complied.

"Look it's just... over the years all of you girls have accomplished so many great things. Rarity managed to set up a franchise of her stores in Canterlot and Manehatten, Fluttershy managed to create that nature preserve for rare and endangered species, Pinkie managed to get her parties noticed by all the big wigs of Equestria when she held Princess Luna's birthday last year, Twilight is a Princess, and of course you just managed to achieve your dream of joining the Wonderbolts." he smiled at her as he said this, and Rainbow felt a surge of pride in herself at her accomplishment. However the good vibe dropped as Spike's smile disappeared and a more sombre looked took over his features.

"But me... I haven't really done all that much. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've been along with you girls on your adventures every now and again, but most of the time I was too young to go, or I was simply overlooked. I never really minded all that much. You girls were the heroes, not me. It's just that... now that I'm older, I can start to do things for myself. Earn a little recognition. Find a path for myself. The problem though, is that I'm a dragon."

"Hey and what's wrong with that!? There's nothing wrong with being a dragon!" the Pegasus barked with an angry look on her face that gave him pause. Rainbow had never liked ponies putting themselves down, especially over something as trivial as their looks, and Spike was no exception. For a moment, he stared at her stern magenta eyes before a half smile came to him.

"I know, I know. Heck I love being a dragon. The hard scales, the fire breath. It's awesome. But unfortunately, older dragons don't have a good rep in Equestria. With good reason too, the rest of my kind aren't the friendliest bunch. It means though that ponies tend to see me in the same light. The last few trips to Canterlot to visit Twi haven’t been all that pleasant, and Manehatten wasn’t much better when Rarity asked me to come visit last week. Ponyville has been my home for years now, but as its reputation has grown, more and more ponies have moved here and soon I’ll start getting scared and angry looks here too.” The purple dragon gave a sigh and looked to the ground, a few bad memories flashing through his head.

Rainbow wasn’t sure what to say at this point. Spike had been in Ponyville for so long now, and she had never ever seen him as some kind of fearsome angry reptile like the rest of the dragon race. He had always been Spike, the dependable, brave and loyal dragon who always stood by his friends and went out of his way to help them no matter what.

Just thinking about what a great guy he was sent an odd feeling through Rainbow’s heart. Before she could question it though, Spike had turned to look at her again, this time with a hopeful smile on his face.

“But I realized that if I could get some fame for myself, then ponies coming to Ponyville would be aware of me. I don’t really want to be a celebrity or anything, but if I can get my name around town, then it might just be exactly what I need to stop ponies being angry and afraid. So I was hoping you could help me come up with some ideas to get some notice around town.”

Seeing the hope in his eyes, and imagining the sorrow that must come with being seen as a monster, Rainbow immediately knew her answer.

“Of course I’ll help Spike. There’s nopony better for earning fame and recognition. Why I bet I’ll have your name in the local paper by tomorrow morning!”

5 hours later, 2 chariot accidents, a market place covered in exploded fruits and vegetables, a burned field and a demolished barn had Rainbow absolutely convinced Spike would be in the papers.

Just not in a good way.

Wiping off some timber remains that had gotten stuck between his scales as he and Rainbow had fled from Sweet Apple Acres and an enraged Applejack, Spike was looking very displeased.

With a resigned sigh, he turned his attention to Rainbow who was trying to come up with a new plan to get Spike famous, since confiscating the dynamite the Cutie Mark Crusaders had acquired (she was going to get a straight answer out of Scoot’s later about just how they had gotten their hooves on explosives) and storing it safely out of sight in the barn to protect Ponyville hadn’t worked out very well.

“Well thanks for your help Rainbow, but it looks like I’m just gonna have to live with getting some uncomfortable stares for a while.” He started to walk away when a prismatice blur over took him and he found himself gripped tightly in Rainbow’s hooves.

“Now you listen here Spike. I know today didn’t go well, but I am not gonna stop until ponies see you right. You shouldn’t get looked at like your some kind of monster just because you aren’t a pony. You are a brave, strong and handsome dragon, and I will not stop until all of Ponyville can see it.”

Spike’s widened slightly and a slight smile came to his face as a word in that speech caught his attention, “Uh… handsome?”

Realizing what she had said, a slight blush came to her cheeks as she reared her head back, “Uh n-no, I said… uh… I said…” her stammering continued for a second before she was forcibly stopped as a pair of warm draconic lips pressed themselves over her own.

She was shocked for a moment before she relaxed and turned her grip on the dragon into an embrace, slowly closing her eyes to enjoy the feel of Spike’s kiss. It continued for a moment before the drake pulled back and smiled at her, “Ya know Rainbow, I always did think you were kinda cute.”

He had to move quick to avoid the left hook for that teasing remark. But as he ran back towards town, a happy/agitated Rainbow chasing after him, he felt a large amount of his anxiety leave him, replaced by a new warm feeling that he wasn’t in a hurry to see leave.

“Well, it’s not how I expected to get famous, but it is definitely something I am happy about.” Spike said, an arm wrapped around Rainbow as she gazed over the paper as well.

The picture showed the warm embrace they had shared, their lips intertwined and a happy bliss about them for all of Ponyville to see.

As the mare snuggled up to him, Spike couldn’t help but smile.

I hope that was ok. I'm kinda new to the group and this was my first SpikeDash story.

Next Prompt: Jealousy

I must admit, these short prompt stories are harder than normal stories in the way that you have no time for exposition or character development. Easiest is just to leave stuff open to reader interpretation or to just start off with Spike and Rainbow already in a form of relationship.

All things considered, I think you did good!
Welcome to the group as well! You are aware that you can never leave right? The red "leave" button doesn't work. I've been stuck here forever. :rainbowlaugh: Disclaimer: SpikeDash is actually the best group ever.

3492564 Yeah, I was about midway through when I just thought, crap I've wasted half the story on exposition. Next one I'll try and get more to the point of it. I am happy you thought it was good though :twilightsmile:

It's ok, my soul was forfeit long ago, so I don't think I could leave if I tried :pinkiecrazy:

Vexy
Group Admin

You're more than welcome to. :twilightsmile:

Vexy
Group Admin

I write in an odd style...

You write in present tense. There's nothing really wrong with that, but most stories these days are written in past tense.

I thought this worked out well, though. Thanks for writing. I'll be sure to add this to the fic with your name on. :twilightsmile:

The reason you may find it "odd" is because most prompts so far have been written in third person. (And from what I've seen on this site, third person is the more popular alternative.)

The "odd style" is simply that you write in first person, and there's nothing wrong with that.

(As for you feeling it's rushed: I might have considered it to be rushed if Spike and Rainbow had been their normal selves, but from what I saw they were on rebound, each "betrayed" by their love interests. It is not uncommon to rush into a new relationship in those situations. Let's hope they can make it work :twilightsmile:)

Btw, this thread is really on a roll! It's amayzaaah!

Wow, I suck. I got ninja'd by three users :ajsleepy:

Vexy
Group Admin

It took you over 20 mins to type that comment?

Dayum son!

It's probably a new record :rainbowlaugh: I usually take 40-60 minutes to type comments like that. Really, I'm not even joking.

Edit: I got ninja'd again. I wish I could crawl back under my covers and forget this ever happened. Carry on fellas.

Claiming Reflections

Prompt: Reflections

The two dragons sat facing one another, their identical emerald eyes never blinking. For awhile, the two simply sat in silence, staring at the other, waiting for the other to speak. One dragon finally shifted uneasily under the gaze of the other, whom grinned triumphantly.

"Tell me," he said softly. "What do you see?"

"I see a dragon," the dragon answered. "He has purple scales and green eyes."

"What else?"

"He has green spikes sticking out of his head. They run down his back and his tail."

"What else?"

"Well...he has a long tail and a decent sized snout." The dragon thought for a moment. "He's pretty short, for a dragon anyways."

"What else?"

The dragon grinned. "He's a handsome devil, if I say so myself."

The other dragon chuckled. "Indeed. But what else?"

The dragon began to frown now. "What more is there to say?" he asked, folding his arms over his chest.

The other dragon mimicked him. "Tell me about his claws." He lifted an appendage, closing it into a fist then opening it. "What can you tell me about his claws?"

"Well, they're purple, have some pretty pointy ends, really useful for holding stuff..."

"And for grabbing stuff, I'd imagine."

The dragon's eyes narrowed. "Those claws are nimble, really skilled," he continued. "They can hold a quill, write wonderful stories, record important days. They can be used to catch balls or pick apples or turn the pages of a good book. They can hold ice cream cones, peel oranges, crack walnuts..."

"Can they crack a pony's skull?"

The dragon became silent.

"Tell me about his teeth," the other dragon commanded. He smiled wickedly, displaying rows of fangs. "What are his teeth like?"

"They're white, like pearls. He has a wonderful smile," the dragon answered. "He brushes them daily. Well, he tries to anyways. They're perfect for chewing through all kinds of foods, from sapphires and diamonds to apple pies and ice cream sundaes and muffins."

"Are they any good at tearing through flesh and marrow?" The other dragon's grin grew wider. "Tell me about his fire, what is the fire that he breathes like?"

"The flames he breathes are green, with golden sparks," the dragon explained. "They're used for transporting letters to and from Princess Celestia. They're used for lighting campfires and cooking fires and for roasting marshmallows. They can melt giant icebergs falling from the sky." The dragon smiled. "They make me useful."

"They've also been used to burn precious books. I wonder what else can they burn. A house, perhaps? What about a farm? A town? A pony?" The other dragon sighed. "Look around him now. Who do you see around him? Is there anyone around him?"

"...no," the dragon muttered, lowering his head. "He is alone."

The other dragon shook his head. "Very well. Now, close your eyes. What do you see?"

"Nothing, I see nothing."

"Open your eyes. Is he still alone?"

"No," the dragon said. "I see a mare approaching his side."

The other dragon smiled. "Tell me about her."

"She's blue, bright blue, with these bright red fiery eyes."

"What else?

"Her mane is so colorful, like a rainbow. It's ruffled and messy and short, as if she's never owned a brush before. Her tail is similar, but long."

"What else?

"She has these two unbelievably majestic wings, with incredibly soft feathers. She's an amazing flyer, the best out there."

"Does he deserve her?" the other dragon asked, tilting his head to the side.

"No, I don't think he does," the dragon admitted, rubbing the back of his head.

"But she still stands by his side." The other dragon chuckled. "Well, I suppose it doesn't matter. Close your eyes."

The dragon closed his eyes.

"Geez, Spike, how long are you planning to stand in front the mirror?" Rainbow Dash asked, nudging him in the side.

Spike laughed. He poked her back playfully and stared once more at the purple dragon and the blue pegasus in the mirror.

"Looking good Spike," he said, "looking really good."

New prompt: Spoons

Vexy
Group Admin

It has to involve both Spike and Rainbow Dash. If it isn't strictly romance, then that should be fine, just try and place more emphasis on the prompt and the characters.

You don't need my permission. Go right ahead.

3497685 Claiming Seclusion... so get off my lawn, son!

3497685 Prompt: seclusion

Spike gagged and coughed as he tried to force the vile liquid down his throat.

"Twilight, please! I swear I'm not that sick," Spike said to Twilight, so quickly used his open mouth as an opportunity to poor the cough syrup down his throat.

"Shh, Spike. I'm not hearing any of it! There's a nasty virus going around, and I refuse to allow you to catch it," she replied with a no nonsense look.

"Twi, I saved the Crystal Empire from a resurrected incarnation of personified evil... I'm pretty sure I can handle a cold."

"Ha! That's what they all say, and then next thing you know you're dying in a hospital with a bunch of other sick ponies who saw fit to laugh in the face of danger!"

"But Twi, I hate being secluded (u c wat I did there) like this."

"No buts. You are staying in your room until I say so, and that's final."

Without a second glance, Twilight made her way out of Spike's bedroom and down the hall.

Letting out a sigh, Spike's face quickly turned to a smile as he hopped out of bed and ran to the window. Opening it he whispered out, "C'mon, she's gone. It's safe now."

A blue blur of feathers and fur dashed into the room and landed on the bed, where Spike jumped soon after.

"'Bout time," Rainbow Dash said. "I thought she'd never leave. And, as promised, bam!" She produced from behind her back a large cheese pizza, ready to be consumed. "Hot and fresh. Let's dig in to this thing!"

The two friends cautiously enjoyed their food, especiall Spike, seeing as how Twilight never allows him to eat junk food when he's ill.

"Thanks so much, Rainbow, it was getting lonely here. And I was getting hungry. You solved two problems in one go!"

"No problem, Spike. I couldn't let you do without your daily fix of Rainbow Dash anyway, even if Twilight has all kinds of crazy security measures."

Dash leaned forward and nuzzled Spike's cheek, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Yeah, I guess you never realize how important someone is to you until you have to do without them for awhile... Same with pizza," he said, taking another bite and cuddling up to his marefriend.

"True that, Spike. Well, once we figure out our living arrangements we'll hopefully not have to be lonely anymore."

"Oh yeah, that'll be awesome," Spike said, grinning ear to ear.

"Hey, Spike! Who are you talking to? Did Rainbow sneak in again?!" Twilight yelled, approaching the door.

"Crap, gotta go! See you later, Spike. Love ya!"

"Love you, too!"

Next prompt: EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA

Vexy
Group Admin

Really? :unsuresweetie: Just really?

3498954 You know it. Too much seriousness recently :coolphoto:

Vexy
Group Admin

Toilet humor is my least favorite kind of humor. :rainbowlaugh:

3498989 Then it shall be a challenge for ya :pinkiecrazy:

3498989 3498992

Guise. I'll take-a 'dis prompt.

Famous, with all due respect, I'm going to be seriously embarrassed when this chapter gets posted in the promt fic.
"EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA - Minimin22" doesn't really strike my fancy but, this was your plan all along wasn't it? :trixieshiftright:

Spike was in the kitchen when he heard a loud banging noise on the front door. "It's open!" he hollered.

The door opened and the creature, presumably a pony, took a few brash steps in. "Hey? Hello?" came the voice. A female, slightly raspy voice that Spike immediately identified belonged to his good friend Rainbow Dash.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Spike said loudly enough for her to hear.

A few steps later said rainbow-maned pony stuck her face around the corner of the doorway. "Hey, what'cha making?"

Spike glanced slightly at Rainbow before returning to stirring his brew. "Just some cocoa."

Rainbow looked a long while at the dragon, trying to communicate through facial expressions and body language that she really, really, wanted some too. Spike ignored this. Finally Rainbow gave in to her cravings and simply asked, "Can I have some?"

Spike turned to her fully and gave her a toothy grin. "Sure! I make the best cocoa in the household you know."

"When is it done?"

Spike hummed. Rainbow could be very to the point at times, something that was ideal in some situations, others not. This just came across as rude, waltzing into his home, asking for something and not even give a simple 'thanks'? "It'll be done in a few, you can go wait in the main library room meanwhile."

"Kay."

Really, what was her deal?

A moment later Spike strolled out of the kitchen, carrying a tray of two cups of cocoa, one green and one purple. The purple one belonged to Twilight, but she wouldn't mind. At least that's what he thought.

"Nice! Cocoa time!" Rainbow beamed, taking the purple cup from the tray and swallowing the contents down with greedy gulps.

Spike took a sip of his own cocoa, carefully monitoring the pegasus' behavior. They sat like this for a while until Spike decided to break the silence.

"So, what are your plans today?" he asked.

"Oh, not much. I have some weather-cleaning duty later this afternoon, but after that it's lights out for this girl." Rainbow smiled, leaning back towards the couch she was sitting on.

Spike felt a grin tug at his face, and said, in the most neutral voice he was capable of at the moment, "You might have to postpone all that to tomorrow."

Rainbow's smile fell.

Spike snorted, "In fact, I strongly suggest that you seek out a bathroom right now."

As soon as Spike had finished his sentence, Dash felt her stomach give a protesting rumble. It felt like her belly was caving in. She glared at the dragon.

"What did you do?!"

Spike pulled forth a small bag of laxative and placed it on the living room table. Rainbow looked at it in disbelief, "You didn't...!"

Spike grinned widely as Dash dashed towards the bathroom upstairs, almost ripping the door open and slamming it shut after her.

"That one doesn't work by the way! It doesn't flush!" Spike shouted, barely containing his mirth.

The bathroom door broke open and Rainbow Dash zipped past the giggling dragon, and wheezed in a really strained voice,

"You're a bucking idiot!!"

before heading out the front door, no doubt to go about her 'business'. Spike burst out laughing at his genius.

However, as his tittering phased out, he got a bit guilt-tripped. He knew he was going to have to apologise. But not this day. This day was a day of triumph.

Besides, if he knew anything about this mare, it was that she was totally going to pay him back tenfold.

Next prompt: Preening

"That one doesn't work by the way! It doesn't flush!" Spike shouted, barely containing his mirth.

That was genius. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::moustache:

Taken straight from Dumb & Dumber :rainbowlaugh:

I saw what you did Vex. Thanks for saving my dignity. :twilightblush:

3499204 Can I take a crack at Preening?

Of course, man. You don't even have to ask :twilightsmile:

Vexy
Group Admin

I'll have post your entry to the fic eventually. :rainbowlaugh: Probably Sunday.

Well. At least you gave me time to brace myself :pinkiecrazy:

Edit: Next post is the 100th! Just sayin'!
Edit2: 3502132 :ajbemused:

Vexy
Group Admin

100th post!

Suck it up, newbfags!

Prompt: Preening

“Um, what are you doing?”

His voice made Rainbow freeze. Slowly she turned her head to find Spike staring awkwardly at her. He had caught her trying to reach at her extended left wing while kicking at it with her hind leg like a dog scratching itself.

“I uh… *sigh* look I’m trying to preen myself ok.” She muttered, dropping her back leg, but keeping the wing extended. This response seemed to confuse the dragon even more.

“Well um, I’m far from an expert on Pegasi wings, but I’m preeeeetty sure you’re doing it wrong.” He braced himself just in case he had said the wrong thing. Even if they were dating now, Spike was still learning about some of her likes and dislikes. Saying she was doing something wrong, and about her wings no less was certainly not a wise decision.

It proved unnecessary though when Rainbow just sighed and sat down, “You’re definitely right, this is far from the correct way to preen wings. It’s just… well you know how I just got my caste removed yesterday?” the drake nodded, very thankful for its removal. She hadn’t stopped complaining about her lack of flight the entire time it was on.

“Well, the trouble is, having your wing bound for so long makes it very stiff and prevents full movement of it for a day or two after. I can still fly on it, which I am so happy about, but I can’t move it about fully yet. This makes preening really hard because I need to bring the wing to my mouth to pluck the old feathers out, but the wing is just too stiff to reach and I’m just not built to turn my head far enough back without moving the wing.”

Spike could tell this issue was frustrating her quite a bit, and with good reason. When Pegasi wings weren’t preened correctly, the build-up of old feathers could cause flight issues or prevent a Pegasus from even managing to get air born. For Rainbow, who had been ground bound for over a week now; this was probably close to torture.

An idea came to him, but he wasn’t sure how receptive Rainbow would be to the idea.

“Um, if you like… maybe I could… preen your wing for you.” He mumbled nervously. Rainbow’s head shot up and a blush came across her face.

“I-I-I don’t know Spike… preening is… kinda personal. Pegasus wings can be kinda… sensitive.” Her blush grew a little at this. She hadn’t let anypony touch her wings like that since she was a foal, and only to her parents so they could help her clean them.

Spike could sense her hesitance, and normally he would see this as a sign to back off or try to bribe her. After seeing how annoyed she had been about her lack of flight though, he decided to get assertive.

“Look, I know preening is kinda private, and I can see why you would be uncomfortable with me touching your wings like that. It’s just… I saw how upset you’ve been about being unable to fly on your own. I mean I can tell you liked it when I flew you around a bit, even if you won’t admit it,” Rainbow huffed and turned her head away, but the persistent blush in her cheeks showed he may have been correct, “But I know it isn’t the same as flying under your own power. Having an issue like this after just getting your wing back must be really hard to deal with, and I want to help. What kind of drakefriend would I be if I didn’t try to help my mare get back up in the air where she can be at her happiest?” he finished with a warm smile on his face.

Rainbow still looked a little uncomfortable, and despite being within her own house, she took a look around to make sure nopony could see them. When she was satisfied that they were alone, she gave a soft sigh before nodding to him, “O-ok Spike… you can help me… preen my wings. But it’s only because I still can’t do it on my own!” she finished with a huff, then turned her bright red face away and beckoned him forward.

“Preening is pretty simple. You just need to gently feel along my wing for any loose feathers. If you find some, just yank them out nice and quick.” She explained as her drakefriend lowered his claws to the wing.

She tensed as the claws slipped along the skin hidden beneath the feathers. The claws seemed to almost massage the limb as they moved gently back and fourth locating the pesky fallen feathers.

Slowly the Pegasus relaxed, and a small smile came to her face as she felt his gentle touch moving along her wing. She didn’t even notice the slight blush once again uncooly returning to her muzzle.

Spike didn’t want to say it out loud in case he offended her, but he was actually quite enjoying the soft touch of her feathers. They seemed to caress his claws, almost pleading for him to keep up his efforts.

The scene between the two felt relaxed, calm, almost blissful.

“Awww you two look so adorable together.”

So when Twilight stuck her head in the window with a cheeky grin on her face, it was not very appreciated.

Streaks of crimson shot across the faces both dragon and Pegasus alike and they hastily separated from each other. Both of them turned to glare at Twilight who just lay across the cloudy windowsill laughing.

“Oh Celestia that was funny!… I’m sorry, I’m sorry but, oh my stars!… the looks on your faces was just priceless and!…” her laughter was cut short as a hoof and claw grabbed a hold of her and dragged before their growling faces. She gave a slight gulp.

“Well that was fun. What do you want to do now?” Spike asked as he dusted his hands off from a job well done. When he received no immediate response, he turned to see Rainbow crossing her front hooves and keeping her blushing face focused on the ground.

“Well um… we never… um… well we never finished preening and I still haven’t done my right wing yet.” The timid little smile she gave, was far more akeen to something Fluttershy would do then to the brash daredevil, but it made Spike’s heart give a jump.

His warm smile returning, he placed a gentle claw on her neck and gave her a nod. Her face was still flushed, but the Pegasus beamed and together they retreated back to her cloud house to spend some quality time together.

Leaving a gagged and struggling Twilight sparkle tied up and suspended upside down from a branch in front of the library wishing she hadn’t interrupted them.

I hope you guys enjoyed this one. I felt it was a little better then my first one.

Next Prompt: Swimming Lessons

Claiming Swimming Lessons.

Prompt: Swimming Lessons

The cool ocean air went unappreciated as the stars above in the sky. The stores along the shoreline were empty and dark, their owners and patrons asleep or having fun downtown. Even most of the lanterns that hung on tall poles that ran along the beach had gone out, their oil depleted. Only the pier remained alight, with several strings of festive bulbs tied along the railings.

A little purple dragon sat at the edge, kicking his feet over the water. On his head was a white sailor cap and around his neck was a blue ribbon tied into a little bow. Green spikes grew out of his back and tail. In one claw he held a bundle of daisies, and in the other was a large colorful lollipop. Besides him was a broken fishing pole, the shaft bent to the point of snapping.

"She loves me not."

The dragon tossed a flower into the ocean.

"She loves me not."

Another daisy fell and drifted away.

"She loves me not."

The rest of the daisy joined the first ones. The little dragon rubbed his eyes and sighed. He tried loosening the ribbon around his neck, but it was too well tied.

"She loves me not."

The little dragon stood up and threw his candy as far as he could out to sea. His eyes widened as it returned, striking him in the nose.

"Littering's a crime, you jerk!" came a growl. The little dragon, rubbing his sore nose, looked all around him for the source.

"Down here," the voice said. "In the water."

The little dragon stared into the murky ocean. A sky blue equine head stuck out of the water, illuminated by the light of the pier. A mess of a mane was on the pony's head, colored like a rainbow. Her fiery red eyes that had been glaring at the dragon soften a bit.

"Geez, I didn't think I hit you that hard. You okay?"

The little dragon nodded.

"Oh, good," the mare said. "But seriously, I get enough trash during the day, at least let me sleep in peace."

"Sorry," the dragon mumbled, fidgeting with his claws.

"Well, as long as you've learn your lesson," the blue mare said smugly. "Hey, if you're just gonna throw that lollipop away, can I have it?"

The dragon regarded the dirty candy in his claws. "Sure," he said, tossing it toward the mare.

"Thanks," she said, taking a huge bite out of the hard sugary treat. "So, what are you doing so late at night? Fishing?" the rainbow maned mare asked, nodding to the fishing pole.

The little dragon shook his head. "I was," he replied, "but she got away." He sighed. "Or maybe I just let her go."

"Oh, that's a bummer," the mare said, frowning. "Better luck next time, I guess. There's plenty of other fish in the sea."

"But my fishing pole's broken," the dragon said sadly, lifting the bent tool.

"So?" the mare scoffed. "There're a bunch of other ways, you know, better ways. I mean, it's kinda silly to just stand there on that dock when all the ocean's out there." She pointed out toward the horizon and splashed the water around her.

"But I don't have any money for a boat."

"Then swim, geez." The mare rolled her eyes.

"I can't swim," the dragon admitted, shuffling his feet. "I don't know how."

"Then I'll teach you," the blue mare with the colorful hair said. "Come on," she said, gesturing toward her. "Let me show you my world."

The little dragon looked around. Slowly, he got to his feet. "What if I drown?" he asked nervously.

"I won't let you drown," the mare said fiercely. "I promise."

The little dragon took a deep breath. He leapt.

The two swam past dawn.

Proposed prompt: Dictionary

Vexy
Group Admin

There's so much metaphor in this. This is fantastic! :rainbowkiss:

Vexy
Group Admin

Claimed.

Vexy
Group Admin

Prompt: Dictionary

I went for something that FamousLastWords might find a little more appealing, ie. less serious.

Please… my lungs…" Spike gasped. "Tell Twilight I love her."

Rainbow Dash got up and brushed herself down, rolling her eyes. "You aren't banged up that bad, champ. Suck it up.

Spike groaned and rolled over onto his stomach, whimpering against the floorboards. "Why would you do this, Rainbow? You do this every time."

"Pfft, it's not every—"

"You've crashlanded on me five times this week now!" he groaned. "I infer you want another book?"

"Hay yeah! Just returning these babies, and I'm ready to take out some more." Rainbow grinned and scanned the shelves. "What've you got for me? Have you got another Sherlock Pones? Or maybe Artemis Foal? Or some other book with a really bad pony pun?"

Spike got up from the floor and snickered. "Man, you are such an poindexter, Rainbow."

She tilted her head at him. "Say what now?"

"Er," Spike shook his head a few times. "Just lemme identify those books and I'll put them back where they correspond."

Rainbow Dash raised her eyebrow but handed over the books. "Spike, you feeling okay? I didn't hit you too hard, did I?"

"Nah, I feel excellent. Exceptional, wonderful!" he chirped, walking over to the bookcase.

"Are you hearing yourself?"

Placing the book on the bookshelf, Spike looked over his shoulder and gave her a questioning look. "Care to elaborate?"

"What's with all the weird words?" she asked.

"I can't comprehend what you're insinuating," Spike said slowly, as if choosing his words carefully.

"You sound like a dictionary," Dash murmured.

Of course now, thanks to Twilight, she really liked books. Like, really liked books.

So they made out.

The End.

This was going to be so super cereal… now look at it! :raritydespair:

Next Prompt: Last Words.

Just a quick note, this is aged-up a little, so Spike's like a couple of heads taller than Rainbow.

Prompt: Last Words

Spike’s eyes flew open with shock, his breath pounded out of him by a sudden impact crashing into the his chest, pushing him to the ground with a mighty thud. He wheezed breathlessly, looking up to see Rainbow Dash perched triumphantly over him.

“Ha! Gotcha,” she said, grinning like she’d just been invited to join the Wonderbolts. “You never saw me coming.”

Spike winced. “No, but I certainly felt it. Can’t you be a little more considerate with this poor little dragon?”

She purred leaning forwards so that their faces were almost touching. “Oh hush, you know you like it.”

His cheeks flushed slightly, he found himself unable to find the words to deny her claim, settling for a pout. Dash broke out into laughter. “Oh my gosh, you should see the look on the face!”

He scowled at her. “Hey!”

She chuckled, wiping tears of mirth from her eyes. “Sorry, sorry, but your face did look pretty funny,” collecting herself, her expression once again shifted to that of a predator. She placed a light kiss upon the tip of his nose, her voice low and dangerous. “And now, you’re mine. Any last words?”

“Yeah,” Spike smirked. “Gotcha.”

At that moment, his long tail, which had previously been lying innocently on the floor, lashed out and wrapped itself around the soft rainbow strands of Dash’s tail, yanking her backwards. Just before she hit the ground, he reared up, sliding his hands around her back, and springing nimbly to his feet so that he leaned over her.

“No fair,” she grumbled, but the corners of her mouth were twitching like she wanted to smile.

Spike grinned victoriously, repeating her previous question. “Any last words?”

She gave a half-hearted attempt to wriggle free, but he held her tight. Rainbow Dash sighed.

“You win,” she said softly, reaching her hooves up to gently wrap around his neck, bringing their lips together.

Next prompt: Breakfast

3508676 Ooh I want to claim Breakfast, I just thought of a good idea :rainbowkiss:

Prompt: Breakfast

Rainbow made sure to hover as she departed the bedroom, to prevent the sound of her hooves waking her slumbering drake friend.

Rainbow and Spike had been together for a whole year now, and today was their anniversary. Ever since they had gotten together, Rainbow couldn’t count how many times the generous dragon had gone out of his way to spoil her.

When she got home from work after a stressful day dealing with a rampant thunder cloud or fixing whatever mess Thunderlane made while attempting to show off for Cloud Chaser and Flitter, Spike would always give her a massage and run her a hot bath to soothe her muscles. If she was feeling under the weather and not able to get out of bed, he would make her some soup and read her a Daring Do book. If she felt sad or discouraged after a failed stunt he would hold her close before whispering praises in her ears and taking her out for a fun night on the town. He spoiled her rotten and she loved every second, just as much as she loved him.

The Pegasus knew that he would do something special for her today, find some new way to spoil her and treat like a princess. She was eagerly waiting for it, but first she had something else to do.

Today, she was going to spoil him, just like he always did for her. She had prepared everything ahead of time and she was ready to make the start of his day something awesome.

She was going to cook him breakfast in bed.

Smiling to herself as she pictured the surprised and grateful look on his face when she presented him with a big plate of sapphire chipped pancakes, smothered in maple syrup and cooked to perfection. She would make him a nice hot cup of coffee with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice to help wash it all down. Then the piece de resistance, she would cook him a plate of juicy hay bacon and sizzling fried eggs, coated with parsley and coriander. Ooh, she felt so giddy thinking about how she was going to spoil him that she didn’t notice she had reached the kitchen and smacked her head against the cupboard.

With an annoyed groan, Rainbow rubbed her forehead before returning to her task. After Spike had gone off to catch up with some of his stallion friends for his weekly poker game (she was so glad she taught him how to play. Especially since he had the ultimate poker face and he regularly returned with 4 times the bits he left with), Rainbow had snuck back to the market to get all the supplies she would need to make her drake friend an awesome breakfast.

As she grabbed out her frying pan and kitchen utensils, she gave herself a proud smirk.
This was going to be the best breakfast ever.

‘RING! RING! RING!’

With a grumble, a sleepy dragon reached over to his nightstand and hit the off button, silencing the offending device. As he started to ignore the full purpose of the device and drift back to sleep, a shuffling caught his attention, and he looked towards the door of the bedroom.

He couldn’t believe his eyes.

Rainbow flapped her wings awkwardly, trying to keep herself airborne despite several of her feathers (and some of her mane) being clearly burned. In her hooves she held a tray filled with probably the oddest meal Spike had ever seen. The tray held a plate of slimy undercooked pancakes, coated in sapphire dust remains, a glass of orange juice filled with pulp and not a good amount of orange rind, a cup of coffee that could easily be mistaken for gravy and a final plate with something that was probably once food, but was now nothing but charcoal.

At his curious look, Rainbow just gave a disappointing sigh. “This was supposed to be a nice breakfast in bed for you. I got all the stuff yesterday while you were out and I made myself get up early so I could prepare it for you. I wanted to do something nice for our anniversary, but instead I just messed it up and made the worst breakfast ever.”

The sad expression on her face as she floated the wrecked breakfast to the nightstand was too much for Spike, and once she had put down the tray he pulled her into a warm strong hug.

“Hey you didn’t mess anything up, honest. I’m a dragon, I can eat just about anything. Those pancakes, they looked delicious. All covered in sapphire and smothered in syrup, I bet they will taste great. The orange juice and coffee, believe me, there is no way they could beat the abominations that Twilight would come up with when she cooked breakfast. As for what I’m assuming is hay bacon and eggs, I don’t think you realise just how tasty charcoal is to a dragon. Believe me Rainbow, this breakfast right here, is perfect.”

The Pegasus raised her head from Spike’s chest to look into his warm eyes and she could just see the sincerity in them.

“W-well, I’m glad that you like it. I just wanted to spoil you for once, since you spoil me all the time and I’m never able to return the favour.”

Spike just looked at her for a moment before he gave a chuckle. This however quite upset the Pegasus wrapped in his arms.

“Hey stop laughing. Man, I go out of my way to do something nice and this is the thanks I get.”

She attempted move away from his, but the dragon held on tight and kept her close to his chest.

“I wasn’t laughing at you Rainbow. I was just laughing about how you don’t think you spoil me.” When Rainbow gave him a curious look, he continued.

“Rainbow, you spoil me all the time. Every day I get to wake up to the most beautiful and amazing mare snuggled against me. I get to watch that amazing mare show me her tricks and stunts as she gracefully swerves through the air. I get to be the rock in that mare’s life, being there for her whenever she needs me, in a way she would never let anypony else. Rainbow, you spoil every day, just by being with me.”

Rainbow just stared at him, a smile plastered across her muzzle and misty tears in her eyes. She gave him a tight squeeze as she said, “I’m so lucky to have you in my life.”

“No Rainbow, I’m the lucky one. Now, how about I polish off this wonderful meal you have made me and we have ourselves the best anniversary ever.”

Rainbow smiled and nodded, just waiting for how he would spoil her next.

A little long and I don't like the ending all that much, but I don't think I did too shabby.

Next Prompt: Gender

3527454 Here it is

Prompt: Lucid Dreaming

No…
“I’m sorry,” The doctor said with a sad and tired look on his face.
No.
“We did everything we could, the damage to his heart was just too severe.”
This isn’t happening.
“I’m sorry for your loss.” A nurse came up and pulled a white blanket over my boyfriend’s body and face.
This can’t be happening.
“I’ll give you a moment.” Both the doctor and nurse left room, leaving myself and his body on the cold table. I just stared at the table. I don’t even know when I started to cry. My hooves moved on their own accord and found myself looking at Spike’s body. The dam burst as I threw myself at him crying my eyes out.
How did everything ended up like this? It was just a normal day. I woke up, had breakfast, and went work. By the time I got home Spike was already there waiting for me to spend the afternoon together. We spent the afternoon together until somepony broke the door and tried to rob us.
I was the first to act and tackled the creep but he managed buck me off of him. He pulled out a small crossbow he had on him and pointed at me. I closed my eyes and heard him fire it, but didn’t feel any pain. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Spike standing in front of me. He looked at me over his shoulder and gave me a pained smile. He suddenly fell face first on the ground with his blood slowly pooling under him. I didn’t even notice that the burglar left. I quickly picked the dragon up and flew him as fast as I safely could to the hospital. But it was all for nothing. Spike, the dorky dragon that confessed to me, that held and loved me, that did everything he could to make me happy, is dead.
“dash.” I heard a familiar voice coming from nearby.
“Dash.” I looked up and saw Spike head move to look at me.
“Dash!”
*&*
I shot up screaming until I felt a familiar pair of scaled arms wrap around my neck.
“Shh, it’s okay Rainbow, it’s alright.” Spike said in a calming tone.
“Spike, you’re alive!” I yelled.
“Of course I’m alive. Why wouldn’t I be?” I was about to answer when it all came back to me. While Spike did take the bolt for me he was hit in the shoulder not his heart. And that I spent last night sleeping with him on his hospital bed. “Are you alright?” He asked with a worried a look on his face. “You were crying in your sleep.”
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I wrapped my forearms around his chest, making sure to be careful with his bandages. I kissed him on the lips before I cuddled up to his chest. “Just a bad dream.”

Next Prompt: Fireworks

Vexy
Group Admin

Hmm. This didn't really seem like a lucid dream, more like a nightmare. :duck: Lucid dreaming is a dream where one is aware that they are dreaming. Sometimes one can even take control of the dream. :moustache:

3534028 Oh, I thought it meant a dream that felt real. Back to the story board.

Vexy
Group Admin

No worries. I can put this entry in the collab, but I'll change the prompt to, say, "Dream" or something of that ilk.

if you still want to include an entry for "Lucid Dreaming", then I say go for it because that's an awesome prompt. :twilightsmile:

3534318 Eh, I'll let someone else do it. I'm drawing a blank at the moment.:applejackunsure:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 161