The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 1676 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,676
Razorbeam
Group Admin

This roleplay thread is dedicated to characters hanging out in or around the High Council Library. You can find out why this thread exists here.

Bishop Sneaks out with out waking his sleeping mates.

A male gryphon walks into the library with a look just shy of awe at the sheer size of the information collected within what to him should be hallowed halls. Wasting no more than a second to gape at everything The blue feathered black furred gryphon carefully selects a number of texts on steamtech as well as Dragon Anatomy. Finding the nearest unoccupied table the gryphon proceeds to cover the table in a sprawl of opened books quills scrolls and ink. Occasionally the gryphon can be heard muttering to himself as he takes his notes.

((Oh, cool, it has its own topic now.))

Sol Brightflame walks into the library slowly, this time actually looking to read. He walked to the fiction section, his horn glowing a bright yellow while he began to pull down certain books one by one. The cover on most of them had one thing in common; they were Sherlock Pones novels.

He sat down at a table on the second floor to read them all. He pushed his glasses up to get a better view and the book completely covered his face.

The gryphon lets out a squeak of surprise at the interruption spilling ink all over himself and his notes. Scowling at the mess for but a brief moment before ruefully smiling the gryphon turns to the unicorn.

"Well. Before you managed to startle me I was reading up on all this steamtech nonsense, as well as brushing up on my knowledge of Dragon Anatomy. Now I don't mean to be rude or impolite but I must take your leave to clean myself up unless you happen to be able to do something with that horn of yours."

Smirking at your attempt to play coy with him the gryphon comments.

"Do you always muss up your potential dates before asking them out? Never mind the fact that you haven't even introduced yourself let alone asked my name. Or do you always go around asking for dates from perfect strangers?"

Letting his comments sink in for a bit watching your expression the gryphon then notices you taking his book on Dragon Anatomy "Oi! I wasn't finished reading that!"

Still covered in ink that is now beginning to dry the Gryphon says "How 'bout a trade. Tit for tat. I like to know the names of potential targets before I bring them down. You tell me your name and I'll tell you a little something you won't find in a book. As for your statement about winning? I could care less whether I win or lose. This trip is all about information. I'm here not just as a participant, I have... Other goals and reasons for being here."

551126 Archimedes, having seen the exchange for a while now decided that it would be fun to bring the cocky stallion back down to earth. Tapping the pony on the sholder with his armored and steel clawed left paw. "Excuse me, horse"

After walking in on, whatever it was he walked in on at the bar, Garret decided to do some research and wait to meet the other contestants tomorrow.
551096>>551126
After standing in awe for a moment at the size of the library, the golden gryphon begins looking for something on Changeling battle strategy, and after finding it, flies over to a table near the door, noticing another Gryphon and a Unicorn conversing.

"I'm impressed. As a token of my appreciation I'll let you in on a tiny eensy weensy little secret before I head out. There is nothing in that book I didn't already know. This was a set up so that I might see who takes the bait, hook line and sinker. After all anybody who doesn't have all the information they need to win has lost before their fight truly began. I bid you adieu Rorschach. I've done all the studying I need long before I decided to attend this little get together. It was... fun."

With that the gryphon turns to leave smirking to himself not even bothering with whatever reaction the Unicorn might or might not have had to his statements.

After Stepping outside long enough to find a nearby cloud to cleanse himself of the ink he deliberately spilled upon himself, the gryphon of black fur and blue feathers returns spotting the golden gryphon with the book on changeling battle tactics.

"Greetings. I see you too have an appreciation for knowledge. I don't tend to see too many other gryphons interested in books. Then again, I don't tend to see to many other gryphons period. Might I ask your name and where you hail from?"

A little surprised at what just transpired archiemedes decided to ignore the pony and went after the more fascinating griffin, 551153 "excuse me my dear gryphon, I would love to have a chat." Archimedes said with a wide smile, to amused with the situation to bother hiding his canines.

"Well Hello there! A civilized Diamond Dog! This is a rare treat indeed. Forgive me if I sound prejudiced but I was under the impression that all Diamond Dogs cared about were gems. Just what brings you to these fine halls of learning?"

551172 hearing the pony behind him say something, Archimedes threw a quick "you no longer interest me horse"

He looks at the black gryphon dripping water and decides that there's no harm in a friendly conversation,
"Nice to meet you, my names Garret, from the Crestwalker clan ((purple & silver pack with a midnight blue claw mark show my clan colors)), though I don't spend much time there anymore. What about you, and why don't you see many gryphons, if I may be so bold to ask."

551185 "a break mostly but also to see who else would be here. On that note I saw you and that head-up-his-flank pony. Rather well handled if you don't mind me saying"

551185>>551197
He closes his book and sets it aside, looking forward to a conversation.
"Are you two going stand up while y'all talk, seeing as there's plenty of room for you to sit."

551195 Archimedes gives a toothy smirk "excuse me>>551199>>551185" Archimedes turns around looking at Rorschach "no I didn't but I easily could" turning back to his company and sits down "now if you excuse me, I would like to talk to combatants of equal skill and not some armature"

Hmmm. You may ask. And since you were kind enough to share some information about yourself I shall do in kind. I'm the Mercenary Ma'akus. I don't spend very much time in the more civilized parts of the world. As you may have noticed I bear no clan markings because I belong to no one. I am unto myself all the law I need.

It is in my considered opinion that most unicorns think highly of themselves thinking that their horn, magic, and ancestral role of raising the sun gives them the right to look down upon all that is not unicorn. I have never been fond of individuals who think that they know me without even bothering to talk to me. So I take it your not actually interested in the collective knowledge of the changeling race?

551199 "hi there friend, sorry about that. My name is Archimedes, who may you be?"

Happy to have some company after the long flight here, Garret smiles attempts to continue the conversation.
551211 "Names Garret, I'm a traveling bard and teacher, of sorts."
551208 "& my does that sound interesting. I spend most of my time alone, as well, not that I particularly enjoy it."

551208 "I agree with you on that note, creatures who look down on others are one of the two kinds of creatures I truly detest. And on the point of history I can inform you that you are about half right. I am not that interested in their history as a whole but I am all the more interested in their land, or their crystals to be more specific. Don't misunderstand it is not greed that fuel my curiosity but my thirst for science."

551215 ((the response was to "you wound me" if you didn't notice

On the awesome note, I agree hole heartily :D))

"Did I hear your remark correctly? Your a teacher? You have my respect then. Educators get too little of that i'm afraid. While I am no teacher myself I do like to consider myself something of a scholar. My area of expertise is not in ancient past but in people. I study people to know what makes them tick. History has it's uses as do the more applied sciences, however I find that the face behind the science is much more interesting. "

"My sincerest apologies. It was not my intent to lend insult to my questions, merely my desire to know. My manners don't get a lot of practice when you spend the majority of your time on the job away from anywhere and or anything that might be even remotely called civilized."

551218 now that sounds like a interesting job, you must have seen quite the things in your travels. I'm more of a shut in, spending most time doing science in my laboratory."

"Yes, of sorts. When I was younger I decided to travel the kingdom, which is when I learned to fight with wingblades. As payment for my own pair, I'm required to teach any Gryphon who's willing the art. From there, I decided to learn what I could from the other eyries, and teach that to the rest. Most of my time, however, is spent telling stories to the young Gryphons, news to the rest, and flying in between."
((Had forgotten to type the rest. Oops))
"& a Diamond Dog who's interested in science? The only thing I've heard of your kind is that you'd try to enslave me if given half the chance... that's the whole reason I carry this. (He pats a handgun holster on his right side) I'm glad to know the rumors aren't true."

551237 "and how do you know that? has some changeling pup already sent you to the hospital? Now that is just sad. You would probably black out if you even saw the sight of your own blood

551243 non taken, there is little reason to get upset about something that is partly true. But enough about me, tell something about yourself.

551261 ah, that is a noble goal which I practice myself. As a scientist you learn that one dog can only pull a so big cart. Therefore I have taught many other intellectual dogs the art of science. Maybe I shall send some of my better ones on emissary work when this is over? Or perhaps write a book?

551273 "A Diamond Dog emissary, that would be... interesting to say the least." Deciding that the conversation had become a bit too heavy, Garret falls back to his normal, more lighthearted self. With a grin on his beak, Garret lets a talon fall onto Archimedes' shoulder, "so how does a scientist expect to hold up in a fight? Haha, unless you have some fancy tricks up your sleeve, it'll probably be a short fight, huh."

"I doubt you have heard of me unless you were looking for somebody, but among those who are desperate to have a particular person found I am one among many whose job it is to do just that. I... Locate people and bring them home if you will. My life story is not one I choose to share with random strangers and while it's not particularly sad or bad it is mine and as such is rather close to the heart. What of it I will freely share is that I would be considered a criminal in the eyes of most institutions of the civilized world because I won't bow down to their so called authority over me. No being has the right dictate my actions save myself. This I hold to very firmly. My actions are wholly my own and thus I will ALWAYS take full responsibility for them. Not many of my... competitors shall we say, have such a sense of self responsibility. Among other things I have a very high degree of respect for life and I am a gryphon of my word. My word and my respect for life are in my opinion the two most important parts of my identity and weigh far more than some sob story about my past."

It is not wise to underestimate those of an intellectual bent.

551273>>551291
"I mean no offense of course."

(said quietly to Ma'akus) "If he really is as smart as he says, then I'm sure that suit does something, & I doubt he'd just tell me if I asked. I'm hoping he slips up and gives me a hint."

Ma'akus simply blinks once in acknowledgement eager to hear what if anything will be said.

551303 "no offense taken but you should know that we diamond dogs have excellent hearing" looks at garret with a grin. "As a hint of what this suit can do allow me to demonstrate the following" *grabs table and lifts it as if it weights nothing* "and this here halberd isn't just for show either"

551288 a well thought answer but a very honest and true one. You have my respect and sympathy for values and past.

551309>>551313
Garret simply stares at the table for moment, beak open, before beginning to laugh vigorously.
"Hahaha! Ohoho! I'll admit, Archimedes, that's a pretty good trick! Haha, so much for that plan, huh?! So much for you being the easy fight! Oh well, if that's all it does, it shouldn't be too hard to find a way around."
He finally stops laughing and unconsciously checks that his holster is still in place.

551309>>551324 "maybe you would like to see more? We could always go the the training ground and make a few stress tests on each other. All in the name of friendly science of course"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, but I must decline, currently, at least. Perhaps tomorrow? For now I need to find a hotel for the night."
((I just noticed the time, I was supposed to wake up a few minutes ago, and have yet to sleep... So I need to start getting ready for my day.))

I have nothing to hide regarding my abilities, if anything I am rather proud of my Aeromancy. I would like to test magic against the might of a machine. Shall we?

(OOC: This will have to be carried on another day It's 2 am over here and i'm off to bed. If you want to go ahead and start the thread be my guest.)

551335>>551336 ((oh the curse of living in Sweden. All the other bronies sleep when it is the middle of the day for me (it's soon 11 in the morning here)))

I'll start to set things up at the training ground. Meet me there when you are ready

Comment posted by ShadowBro deleted Dec 22nd, 2012

A hooded unidentifiable pony walks into the library to find it vacant. Good know none of the contestants will find me. She picks out a few random fiction books, and sits at a table. She splays a book out to read, but her mind is drawn but to how her entry was denied for the games to be held in a short period of time.

She sighs half-heartedly and trys in vain to read.

More then a little annoyed at the question, the hooded figure gives a curt "No." Before nearly ripping the page off the book she was reading while turning it.

She considers using her magic to dispel the intruder. What's the worst that could happen? Getting thrown from the city? So what.

The hooded pony easily saw that the unicorn was trying to butter her up with empty complements, even still she reveled in praise, no matter how small or meaningless. She was stopped for a second by the question. What was she reading? All the time she spent looking at the book she didn't really read a word of it.

She lifted the cover to look at the name. "The weeping angels." She replied, while doing her best to keep her face concealed. "Who are you suppose to be?" She asks not looking away from the book for a second.

The unicorn wanted to boast her name to sky so that all the heavens could hear it. She wanted desperately to boast her faux achievements to all that crossed her path. It was an itch, an itch that burned her horribly, but also an itch that must not be scratched.

As she heard the words 'origami swan' her insatiable hunger for competition flared up. "It's rare to meet somepony with the ability to fold paper. How about a bit of a race? We both make a swan as fast as we can, first one done; wins."

"Tr-tr... Truthfully, I can do both. It's your choice."

Not wasting a second the hooded unicorn quickly and precisely starts folding her paper. Her hood gets in her way of sight for a second, without a thought she swipes the hood from her head, causing her silvery mane to fall out of it's hiding spot.

The two unicorns both work feverishly on there swans, before they both exclaim "Done!" at the same time holding out there figures to each other. They share a glare into each others eyes for a moment. It is now that the mare realizes her hood is down. She reaches for her hood instantly. She stops before putting it back on, and shrugs. "What does it matter? It's not like you know who Trixie is anyway." Three second pass before she realizes her mistake. She drops her head to the desk and exclaims, "Oh, pony-feathers!"

558207 Trixie crosses her forelegs and places them on the table, resting her chin on top. Just another pony to tell Trixie what she did wrong, and how they are so much better then her. "How much have you heard?"

"Your being fair. That will get you kill if not careful." Trixie stands and makes her way to the door, donning her hood. "Trixie will see you around, maybe. So long Rorschach."

[It's four A.M. Trixie must leave. This was fun.]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,676