The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Know I'm not the first to leave, but here:

So

If you couldn't already tell by my the distinct lack of story ideas the last couple of weeks, I've been busy dabbling in the realm of RP Forums. More specifically a Forum, dedicated to the world created by Razorbeam, a very talented writer whose story Visionary id definitely in my top ten, if not top five, stories on this site.

It's been a frikkin blast, to say the least. But more than that, it's been kind of a learning experience. While interacting other OCs, I leaened that sometimes, you have to let your characters become the storyline and not just let them be a part of it.

I know it sounds strange, but hear me out.

I had initially planned for the Champion Kamau defeated to join the tourmanent an important part of his storyline as sort of a possible love interest. Hell, I had a lotta plans for Kamau. However, almost all of them were destroyed very early in the game, once he began to become a part of all the drama happenings of other characters. From blood mages, horndogs, sewer creeps, and enough love triangles to fill a soap opera, Kamau (and my extension I) have been played a role in many of the strange happenings during the tournament. Moreover, I introduced a character that I had almost zero plans for outside of beating up Kamau.

And she rocked.

But even before her introduction, when I witnessed every single plan destroyed right before my eyes, I was still having fun. So what if I made up a huge percentage of what happened in Kamau's past on the fly, often minutes before I posted them. I was enjoying every moment of it.

Que Sera, Sera and all that business.

However, nothing lasts forever. Especially nothing fun. For those that remember, I'll be gone for the next two or so weeks. Which means that there's a good possibility that I'll miss out on the rest of the tournament. But more importantly, I'll miss out on what may be the ending of many of the stories that reside in Vemn Enox.

So yeah. That sucks.

I met a lot of great writes on that forum and ya'll kind of made me want to pick up the pen again, so to speak, to do something besides just coming up with ideas.

However, I'm pretty slow going when it comes to writing. I know that for a fact.

The characters I've read and the storylines I've been a part of are too good to just let fade into obscurity when the tournament ends. So I'm asking the lot of ya to just try to do something with this. This is a blast to be a part of and I don't just want it to fade away so quickly.

So get to work I guess.

But in closing, I just wanted to thank all of ya'll for the craziness (and the fish). It's been a long a weird journey, but I'm glad I took it. See ya'll later.

Peace, Love, and Flashbangs,

Kamau the Wanderer, The Hermit, The Friend
Abana the Fighter, The Chariot, The Romantic
Hybridnecros The Bard, The Fool, The Writer

Hey Razor, I's cool if you wanna delete this. I got a copy on my blog, but I thought this would be the easiest way to get to all the guys I wanted to at once. :twilightblush:

699494 I have my own stuff to worry about for the moment so I can't help you there, sorry. :derpytongue2:

699494 Gonna miss seeing you around, buddy. It's been a blast.

Sad to see you go :< While I may not have Rp'ed with you, you were one of the few that were a frequent visit on the RP forums.

I know we didn't RP much, but it saddens me to know that you're leaving. I didn't have enough time to prepare anything more than this, but this is what I do best.

Oh yes. MLP gifs.

Seeya'll around, dood.

Though I never really interacted with you know that I wish you luck in all your endeavors!

699494 Later bro. My two RP's with you were pretty fun.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Well, there's definitely no reason to delete it: I imagine other people will make good use of this thread going forward, too! Thanks for taking the time to make it, and to write what you have. I'm glad to see that the games have been helping you, and enjoyable to you. Best of luck in your adventures outside of these games!

699677 Hear, hear.

Have I ever told you how weird it is seeing your name in green instead of purple?

*hugs Hybridnecros* We're going to miss you so much. You'll still be a part of our memories and hearts, capturing us with characters like Kamau, Abana and your writing ability. Most importantly, we'll still have you as a great guy to RP with and be friends with, never forget that!

See you around man, sad to see you go, but good luck in your ventures beyond these games. Your RPs were always interesting and fun to participate in and read. May your endeavors succeed and may all of us never forget this wonderful experience we call the Unity Games *hugs Hybridnecros along with Proud-Dust*.

700706>>699998>>699680>>699677>>699608>>699507>>699505>>699502>>699498

Had a min to post this before boarding my plane.

In case ya can't read my crappy handwriting, it says: Greetings from the bottom of the world.

Laters

...Nothing's wrong... I'm simply crying.

We will see you when the time comes.

Until then

I wish you luck on your endeavors. Also, have an awesome time! :pinkiehappy:

Still awesome, even the second time reading that.

Right in the feels

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20