Friends Of All Generations 298 members · 320 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

The discussion on the Flutter Ponies got me somewhat wondering about the more mysterious pony race, the Sea Ponies. Who or what are they? What are their relations to Equestria? What are your thoughts on them?

1137592 Ahh the Song-stresses of the sea. I loved them in the first movie. They were far braver than in the following episodes. They also had cooler stuff to do, like all those bubbles they manipulated, the giant sea shell/scallop shell they used to get the ponies into the castel, and lets not forget the tiny shell thrown into the water to summon them, in the first place..

I always related them to the Greek hippocampi (which fits well given that unicorns and pegasi are both Greek). They'd pretty much be like a cross between sea serpents and ponies, I suppose.

yep, I always associated them with being like the sirens and mermaids who were known to frequent costal rocks, and sing sailors to thier doom- the power of song is what seperates sea ponies from thier mer pony cousins.

This is how I've thought of them also.

As for G4, I consider them to be an as yet undiscovered race. One rumored to exist but similar to myths of Atlantis and Bigfoot, there's very little evidence to support it and those who do believe tend to be mocked by the majority.

I have a basic outline of a story I want to write featuring them but I haven't started on it yet. There are a few other fics I have in various states of completion that I want to finish first.

I consider them to be what you get if you combine the Atlantis, Siren, and Mermaid myths together, with a dash of pony. They have these underwater city-states, some oriental influence to their culture and architecture, and are content to mostly ignore (and be ignored in turn by) the land-dwellers, save for the curious few who go up into the streams of Dream Valley.

I still haven't watched any G3, so I have no idea how relevant they are to that.

As for G4? I do need to read that one book with them... :applejackunsure:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6