Villains of Equestria 1,811 members · 3,434 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Why do My Little Pony fans seem to think having "Blue and Orange Morality" is an excuse for committing evil acts? (or at least acts that I precieve as evil) Are the fans really that blinded by the love of their favorite characters? (and no, I don't get why anyone would like someone that I hate)

What do you mean?

I'm guessing this relates to Discord?

Blue and orange morality? What the hell is that?

From the TVTropes page, it's the neutral class in DnD. Neutral Good, evil, chaotic, etc. The poster's question still confused me though. None of the bad characters in MLP seem to be neutral classes. At least in my view.

Can you point out some examples, poster? Cus rn it just seems like you're rambling based on nothing.

Are the fans really that blinded by the love of their favorite characters?

Yes, straight up yes.

Fluttershy is considered to be Neutral Good. If you want an example of Blue and Orange Morality, look up Solf J. Kimblee or Frankie Fran.

Why do My Little Pony fans seem to think having "Blue and Orange Morality" is an excuse for committing evil acts? (or at least acts that I precieve as evil)

And there's your problem. What you perceive to be evil. Characters with Blue and Orange Morality have a moral compass that, to us, seems alien so what's considered good to them may seem bad to us.

For instance, I have no problem reporting my own followers whenever they break site rules but people might view that as me being a backstabbing snake.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9