Anthropomorphics 5,015 members · 7,632 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

That's something I've been wondering about ever since I started my big rewrite of one of my stories.

I mean, do they wear clothes, or does their carapace-like skin suffice? I've been wondering about that.

I think in the hive no but while disguised yes.

I just have them wear a collar that gives them what ever clothes they think of when they put it on, at least that was how I dealt with that problem in my story

So you're asking if they are like Mystique in the movies vs. the comics. In the movies, she was naked and her skin took the form of clothing, but in the comics, she wore a white dress similar to a China dress. In my mind, clothing would be a hindrance. Imagine if you had to disguise yourself and hide your clothes too. I am picturing the Hitman games, where every time he changes outfits, he leaves the old ones in on the floor, neatly folded. I would say they infiltrate in the buff, but might were a simple robe in the hive simply for warmth or identification, since they're all identical prior to the Conversion in season 6.

a simple solution is often the best one

They mostly wear simple garbs made out of stitched together material or resin-like pieces of armor.

Alright.

Just wondering for curiosity's sake. Why do you state it as fact?

Most of the fics I've read that had anthro changeling usually had rags to cover up for some decency, as for the armor I would expect them to atleast implement the same modulble hard material they use for building the hive could be used to make some simple raw armor and weapons.

Ah. Okay. Thanks for the info.

Granted, I was writing in a clop universe, but I went with anthro ponies themselves varying as to how much clothing they wore. Town and city ponies tended to wear what we'd consider a full set of clothing, baring footwear, while Rural ponies only made an issue of it in regards to workwear. They only wore clothing for protection.

But my anthro ponies were furry, had ponyhide and hair, not bare skin. If they are bare skinned with only ears and tails then clothing would be the same as normal.

I think changelings might adopt a different modus in an anthro world. More use of the pod/bodysnatcher theme. With them subduing and incarcerating the pony they copy, and of course that leaves the option of taking that ponies clothing.

7000018 they wear clothes.

ALright.

PS Your icon is amazing!!

7000020 amazing is the best you can come up with for our Lord and savior Cozy Glow.

Cozy Glow is the embodiment of perfection.

The way I see it they tend to wear scraps of cloth and fabrics as some old, tattered clothing - think cavemen or trolls. Their disguise magic can create “actual” clothes if needed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17