Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,750 members · 4,495 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Discord escapes once more and he decides to play a little game that puts the pony races abilities to the test.
He splits the mane 6, CMC Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Babs Seed.
He splits them into the following teams.
Team Crusader:Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

Team Dash: Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle.

Team Pink: Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Flutteshy.

Team Tiara: Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Babs Seed.

Discord gave Silver Spoon a horn and Babs a pair of wings.

Speed:Earth
Power:Unicorn
Flight:Pegasus

Discords game is witchever team gets to the destination in three days will get the elements of hrmony back.

Would this be a good fic?

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I can see where you're going with it, but I don't think the motivations make sense, especially Discord's. As of season 3, Discord is reformed, so I assume you're talking about an alternate or season 2 Discord. Why's he doing it? For fun?

If the first team to reach the finish gets the Elements of Harmony, then why does it matter who gets there in the fastest time? Why would they compete against each other? There's nothing at risk here.

I think this would work a lot better with season 3's reformed Discord, and making it voluntary, rather than something they're forced into. Who wouldn't want the chance to compete in a crazy Sonic Heroes style race, especially if they get to have magical powers bestowed on them like wings and horns? Scootaloo would totally be up for it. Diamond might do it just for the chance to beat the Crusaders. And we all know how competitive Rainbow Dash and Applejack are. With Fluttershy as a spokesmare for Discord, those three could easily convince the rest of the Mane Six to play.

And, of course, Discord loves games, so it makes perfect sense for him to make this as interesting as possible as well. :)

Hmmm...

Speed/Agility: Pegasi

Strength: EP

Magical Prowess/Mana: Unicorns (and Alicorns are all.)

Mana users are godly, but are vulnerable as hell when their magic runs out/needs to recharge.

One issue I see is Team Tiara. Without Babs apologizing for how poorly she handled the train station good-bye, it doesn't really work. Unless you intend to make team conflict an issue with them or you set it right in the middle of "One Bad Apple", you'd probably be better off using Alula or possibly Twist. Alula is the one I'd recommend, as it means three things:
1. No bad history, unlike Babs or Twist (though Twist has been shown quite happy alongside DT and Spoon since "Call of the Cutie". With Alula, the opposite is in effect, with the whole "I like the red ones" from DT and then Alula giving her a red card scene.
2. Alula lives in Ponyville, so yet another thing you don't need to explain, unlike with Babs.
3. Alula wouldn't backstab the team to help the CMC one.
4. Alula already is a pegasus. Avoids issues of having to learn to fly.

I'd also say no need to give Silver Spoon a horn. It isn't like Sweetie Belle can do magic anyway. If anything, Discord should limit magic, much like he did in the maze. Perhaps each team gets a limited number of single-use magic scrolls, that the "magic" member of the team can use. So it'll be a limited resource they'll have to find a way to use creatively. And you could potentially randomize the nature of the scrolls (seems Discordy), so that each team has different ones. That sort of thing could be fun, where one team seems to have really bad scrolls, yet somehow manages to make them work.

I'd suggest swapping the main six teams around a bit as well. You've got AJ and Dash on the same team, which puts a lot of athletic prowess on one team. And then you add in Twi, giving them a lot of brains. Furthermore, you've potentially put the strongest flyer with another flyer (depending on when you place this). I'd suggest swapping either Dash and Fluttershy or Rarity and Twi. Either would create a bit more team balance. Alternately, if you abandon the symmetry of races aspect, swap Pinkie and Twi, so that you've got one team focused on the physical, while the other has to rely more on beauty, brains, and charm. Having the teams not have racial balance seems somehow more Discordy, as well as meaning they'll be more likely to have to handle the same problem differently.

I agree with Hawthornbunny as well about using reformed Discord as opposed to unreformed. Not only would some sort of prize make it easier for DT and Spoon to want to play, but it means the teams will be more competitive. After all, why would the nice ponies care who recovers the elements as long as they get recovered and Discord gets stopped? You couldn't even really create tension with the Tiara team, unless the elements bond to the winners, in which case the CMC can't win, and regardless of who wins, the elements are now bound to three ponies rather than six. But don't put the fate of Equestria on the line and "it is on!" :raritywink:

Also, if AJ objects to AB competing, you could have AB throw something like "you traveled to Manehatten by yourself when you were my age" at her.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

:ajbemused:Yet another post by linkman443 that will never, ever be turned into an actual story...

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

You never know, someone might pick it up. :) I think it's a good idea, although I've never played Sonic Heroes so I wouldnt know how to write it ^^

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

That's fair; there's a non-zero chance someone might run with one of his ideas. He never makes a move, though.

Besides what ahs been aleady mentioned, I'd like to know: Why those ponies? The Mane 6 is obvious, they are the elements. But why those six fillies?

2120245 Im trying to get any feedback on any ideas that might become fics if i have the time.:twilightangry2::trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9