Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,750 members · 4,495 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Washi #1 · Oct 12th, 2015 · · 2 ·

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the CMC getting their cutie marks. I know this is far-fetched, but hear me out.

When they got their marks, it was flashy and really animated. I get it, them getting their marks wont be just a small flash on their butts, they have to make a big deal out of it. However, that flashiness felt too intentional. I first thought it could be Celestia, but then I thought about the princess that knows them best: Luna.

Luna has been in all of their dreams and know their greatest fears and greatest dreams. She knows about Apple Bloom's heritage, she knows Sweetie wants to sing, and she knows Scoots wants to fly.

Their marks represent them being Cutie Mark Crusaders.. AKA, their talent is helping others realize their destiny and achieve their greatest dreams. Perhaps Luna made the Apple, Eighth note, and wing-bolt to represent their greatest dreams. I'm a little undecided on Apple Bloom's greatest dream, but Scoots and Sweetie are clear.

The animation also looked similar to when Celestia transformed Twilight. Luna watched over the crusaders a lot, kinda like how Celestia did to Twilight. I've watched it over, there's no real evidence, but the possibility is there. Perhaps the three dream episodes really had a reason, and came to a conclusion.

What do you think? Did Luna give them their cutie marks?

I... suppose there is a possibility, but I'm not really sure about this. Can an alicorn give somepony their cutie mark, a symbol that represents their own talent?

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Did Luna give them their cutie marks?

No. Because if that were possible, Twilight Sparkle would have given one to Apple Bloom way back in Season One when AB first asked to be given one with Twi's magic.

JMac
Group Contributor

4774101 No, I don't think it was Luna, I think it comes from the same magic that all cutie marks come from. But these are obviously not ordinary cutie marks. It's almost as if destiny/fate/the universe/whatever has gone and given the fillies their task and has deputized them. Whatever it is has even issued the girls badges.

It's food for thought. I believe that it was simply a connection between the three that caused such an occasion. I don't believe it entirely, but it's interesting to think about stuff like this.

However, I thought this was fun to think about. Could the princesses control cutie marks? not likely, but it's... possible.

I mean, anything is possible in Equestria. Darn near.

Luna and Celestia themselves had to wait for their cutie marks. It's a moment of self revelation. If there was great flashiness, it's because it's part of their destiny. No one handed the Mane Six Rainbow Powers or the Elements of Harmony. They came as a result of their actions.

The animation also looked similar to when Celestia transformed Twilight.

Who said Celestia transformed Twilight? Celestia's horn wasn't glowing. The magic came out of Twilight, and it was the colour of Twilight's magic.

If anything did change her, it was the Elements, which vaporized her with friendship and sent her to ascension-land.

What do you think? Did Luna give them their cutie marks?

It would seem unlikely.

There's no sign that alicorns can grant cutie marks. And even if they could, the CMC's marks came at a time where they should have gotten them, at a moment of revelation about what they want to do.

The flashiness (discounting metaness to show the importance of the event) is just white-hot destiny, baby. :rainbowdetermined2:

Hmm. Good answers out of all of you. I appreciate the disagreement without the attacking. This is why I appreciate this site so much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8