Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Queen Chrysalis10. Now I shall quote what has been said by this impersonator.

I am a NAVY SEAL and since i was a military brony i thought this story was, accurate well done. I am only here to help those souls from this country and other countries.

I, in turn asked if I could get some information about him and in return have not gotten a reply as of three days ago. As well from a different person, it has been confirmed that he has claimed to have served in several if not all branches of the U.S. military. I think I speak for most when I say that impersonation is just a wrong in every sense of the word. Well then everyone, have a good day.

Alas, I do not believe that Stolen Valor applies to the internet based postings of a forum revolving around candy colored ponies. :rainbowlaugh:

I get a giggle when civvies start throwing around their perceptions of the military and playing at it though...

1176779 1176789
Funny thing is, that actually is a crime. Impersonating an active duty member of the military, online or not, is treated as if you stated it in person. At least that's what an Army JAG officer told me when I brought up the subject with him.

Well there's a handy bit of info that should be spread around then. Maybe I'll get a few less games after work where some moron claims to be a hotblooded marine-core baby-killer. :ajbemused:

Ha I knew that guy was a fake! What did I tell you! OORAH!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

Is the faker trying to profit from their non-existent military 'background'? From what I've heard, Stolen Valor was revised to only apply if the impersonator attempts to gain some privilege or monetary profit. Attention whoring is perfectly legal (but still reprehensible, and you should still call them out on it). Trying to score a free meal at Applebee's on Veteran's Day is not.

I am not a lawyer.

Just let the kids be kids. I used to dress as a solder on Halloween before I realized the army is for pussys and became a marine grunt. The person who posted that is probably the kind of person who doesn't realize we are just human and nothing special. I wouldn't look up to myself. I'm just a man doing his job. That's all military service is. It's a job. Some of them are more unusual than others. I don't think it would be legal to be paid to do what I so outside government contract but there are pleanty of POG jobs that are no different than any civi job except that you wear a uniform and casual Fridays are the opposite here.....I fucking hate wearing my chucks

From what I understand, it's one of those legal "gray areas" and is up to the prosecutor's discretion whether to press charges. The situation I was talking to the JAG officer about was someone who was "hinting" that he was military and posted some rather nasty things about myself (served for US Army for 2.5 years before a non-combat related injury put me out of action) and some friends of mine that served and came back with PTSD (one of which has an extreme version of pyrophobia due to an incident). If he is in, there are some potential UCMJ violations with what he was saying, and if not a potential felony for claiming active military service. The JAG officer said that he was "toeing the line" but hadn't done enough for a prosecution, but told me to keep an eye on the SOB for when he does.

It's one of those fun areas where a person could make a legal case for either side and win.

It happens but hey, at least it's not a case of identity theft.

1177010 I realize we're all just human, but honestly it absolutely pisses me off when someone tries to say "Hey, I served my country in our military and may or may not have gone over seas to fight in a war, and I was willing to lay down my life for my country." and it turns out it's just a big load of bullshit.

Good gravy.

1180339 That is the funniest shit I have ever seen :rainbowlaugh:.

4 years later and I still have yet to see a CW5.:pinkiesad2:

1187551 Give it time. Lots of time.

I saw one... I finally saw one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20