Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 71 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 71

This, because I won't be able to eliminate you again and again. :pinkiesmile:

Ah, thanks.
Won't make that mistake again.

One more question regarding the subject: Does all play from the free version have to be online? Can I do some single-player battles? My whole family competes for the internet, so I can't always do online play.

I think there is an option that allows you to play with and against bots. But its considered practice.

Then I may have to get the CD-ROM version anyway, just in case.

I think I know what I must do; I'll get the orange box. There's a ton of good deals for that package at Amazon, and I'll also get Portal along with TF2.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

:facehoof:
Again, TF2 is free. From its developer and publisher. No third-party distribution issues like malware.

TF2 is developed and published by Valve. Steam is one of Valve's services, through which TF2 is available.
That said, Portal and Half-Life 2 are neat games too.

I don't think you get the main point; I would like to get Portal, for one thing, and I can't always fight people online because that would disrupt my mother's internet service when she is using it, so what if I felt like playing TF2 and she was online? Time to get the disc instead, that's what time it is.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

Offline mode.
But I shall leave my case to rest wherever it falls, and regardless wish you happy gaming.

If you are below the age of 17 do not get the game.Violent games are inappropriate for younger players so if anyone looking at this thread is under 18 I urge you to find more constructive games and hobbies. If you are looking for a nice game to play how about something like Minecraft or Tetris?

I think Steam vs Console goes a little like this:

Console:

+ Couch gaming? Steam box will invalidate this reason.
- Crummy console controls.
- Updates? Puny item selection.
- Costs you money.

PC:

+ HATS :pinkiecrazy:
+ UPDATES!
+ Awesome item selection!
+ Free to play.

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

so what if I felt like playing TF2 and she was online? Time to get the disc instead, that's what time it is.

Uh, dude, TF2 doesn't have a single-player game mode. The only thing it's got is you playing multiplayer with bots instead of people. You literally can't play the game without a connection to a server.

TF2 is a multiplayer game. Arguably one of the best ever made, but it's not designed to be played solo.

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

Not only the puny item/map selection, but no fixes, no updates, nothing.

Pyros don't even have airblast on the 360 version. They added that a few patches in, and none of those ones went to the consoles.

2473008 2469587

I'll also be up for games if you want...with you or against you. :ajsmug:

TF2 was designed as a multiplayer game, and while you can play against bots, its not as fun.

That said, I'm not sure you would have any more luck offline in console than Steam.

I think TF2 is unrealistic enough to play before that age, at least with some settings for disabling gibbing.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think its fine for teenagers.

I actually have it for both, but I only use PC. I have it for console because of The Orange Box, which I really just got for Portal. I tried it once on console, and quit within the first few minutes.

This thread is hurting my head, the Orange Box is a great deal if you want to play Portal and the Half-Life 2 series (I remember buying it about 5 years back for $9.99 on Steam, WORTH IT!)

but Team Fortress 2 singleplayer? Better find another single player FPS like Half-Life 2 if that if your only option. For me, playing online hardly uses any bandwidth compared to downloading or streaming content, I play over a wireless network using DSL and both my dad and I play online games okay.

Also if you do get TF2 on PC on disc you will probably need to download half of the game after installation since the old disc version is missing a lot of content. At Least 3-5GB worth.

"If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!"
-The Soldier, on theology

I'll just repeat myself. Stick to family friendly servers and you'll be alright.

Really, just download it on Steam for free. It's free, and there's more people online. You aren't going to get much out of TF2 offline, both on console and online. If you want Portal, then I'm pretty sure it's also available on Steam.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 71