Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Back before i moved to another state i had a friend, he was my first ever friend and has been there with me for years, but he has some bad parents and they all don’t believe in the bible nor any religion. And it doesn’t help that he BELIEVES that is he’s biologically a dragon, but i still love him as a friend and i don’t want him to burn in hell.

Now that my family has moved states the only way i have to talk to him is through the gaming platform Steam, that and he's only on to play Warframe.

To me this seems like mission impossible, I'm a shy dude who wouldn’t go up to talk to some stranger for $50, he doesn’t believe in religion, and if i take a wrong step all he needs to do is block me and that's it, no way to contact him and I've lost a friend.

After moving it's been hard enough to keep our friendship stable, with our only contact being one game he plays.

It’s hard for him to make friends as well seeing as he has a bigger case of autism then me, that one of the reasons we got along so well, but i don’t want to lose him regardless, he’s my friend and I'm going to get him to become a christian even if it takes 20 years.

So any advice? Places to read in the bible that can give me some insight on what to do? I’ve already been praying for him daily and any advice at all would help, along with a prayer or two.

I personally don't think your friend is going to burn in hell just for believing he's a dragon, nor not believing in God, but I'll be praying for him regardless.

I've never heard of that before, but I'll definitely pray for your friend.

6044779 Will pray. If he believes he's a dragon, though, he probably needs psychological help as much as anything else.
Remember, it's not you doing the converting; it's God acting through you. That distinction helps you avoid pushing too hard.

he BELIEVES that is he’s biologically a dragon

Best you just let that one go free, son. There's nothing anybody can do to help him at this point.

6044779 What do you have against dragons?

I'm going to get him to become a christian even if it takes 20 years.

If he don't want to be a Christian, he ain't going to be a Christian. The more you press the more he's going to dislike it. I wouldn't try it.

If he has autism then dealing with the dragon issue in RL would be tricky and probably require an experts help. Don't even try to address it via messaging, just make sure he knows you care for him and value his friendship. You could ask him what it means to be a dragon, or how he determined he's a dragon, just seek to understand and do not judge.

If he's autistic to the degree he says he thinks he's a dragon then it sounds like he has a somewhat loose grip on reality. I mean his inner mental model of the world doesn't match the outer world around him despite evidence to the contrary. Convincing him of whats real and obvious (that he's human) is already hard enough, trying to then convince him Bronze Age mythology is real too? That sounds pretty tough!

So for the Christian thing, all you have to do is show a piece of good evidence. That would convince your friend once he gets straightened out and it would convince every other freethinker/atheist/not Christian too. All anyone resonance needs to become a Christian is evidence.

1 Peter 3:15 says that it's a Christians duty to give the reason for their faith (or hope, I haven't looked it up recently). If the reason is rational and the person being communicated with is reasonable then sharing the reason would never and could never push them away. If they are not reasonable like this autistic friend (through no fault of his own) the yes it could and probably would push them away. If the reason is fallacious then it would and should push the anyone away.

What's your reason for your faith?

The reason for my faith? I don't align with any faith, first off, but that seems kinda vague really.
Also,

So for the Christian thing, all you have to do is show a piece of good evidence. That would convince your friend once he gets straightened out and it would convince every other freethinker/atheist/not Christian too. All anyone resonance needs to become a Christian is evidence.

This is also really vague (evidence of what, exactly?), and this is also why Atheism is on the rise across the whole planet (and not just in the US, which is a Christian majority country).

Sorry, that was sloppy of me. I included you in the string because you advised Goofball to not try and convert their friend. Good advice that I agree with, but if they are a Christian that follows the bible then it's not really advice they can follow while being a good Christian. Instead they should simply provide the reasons for their faith or, if the reasons are irrational, abandon the faith.

The question about faith was meant for Goofball. Upon rereading my post I realize I was quite careless. I blame lack of sleep. Sorry and goodnight!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12