Thirty Minute Ponies 136 members · 57 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

I'm awfully proud of myself; I've managed to write for TMP every day for the past 30 days, and I've met my goal of featuring Rarity in every one of my entries. I feel more fabulous just thinking about it!

That said, I think a month is enough to stick to one pony. It's time for me to move on, and pick a new theme to fit all of my TMP stories with.

I've narrowed it down to two choices. Either I can keep going with the idea of one pony per month and write for Rainbow Dash next, or I can try and fit Apple-Pie shipping into every submission.

Pros for Rainbow Dash: I'm not good at writing Rainbow Dash, and this could be an opportunity to challenge myself to improve. Plus, it sets a precedent that I can carry on after her month is over and do a month of Fluttershy or something. Cons for Rainbow Dash: I'm not good at writing Rainbow Dash, and the quality of my posts will probably take a nosedive. Also, I get annoyed at Dash-centric shipping because it's so prevalent, so I probably won't end up writing as many [Romance] tagged submissions as I would like to.

Pros for Apple-Pie: My OTP! It's a fun and complex relationship with a lot of different aspects to explore, and it would be a great excuse to do so. Also, it's the most delicious ship. Cons for Apple-Pie: I can almost guarantee there will be a handful of prompts that will be impossible to work into Apple-Pie shipping. I imagine it'll be demoralizing when a thirty-day streak gets broken because I can't twist the prompt to fit the theme I picked.

Anybody got any thoughts or opinions on the matter?

Also, I get annoyed at Dash-centric shipping because it's so prevalent, so I probably won't end up writing as many [Romance] tagged submissions as I would like to.

Would it help to write rarer Dash ships? RariDash, FleetDash, CelestiDash?

I can see how ApplePie would be tricky – for example if a prompt about flight came up, or a CMC prompt. There's only so many times you can write about the fillies disrupting a date ... But we do always need more of most delicious ship.

Huh. Well. I think I may have an answer for you. From both great consideration, and personal preference, I'd vote for the ApplePie theme. Whether a prompt suggest we delve into the CMC, the Changeling, or what Celestia had for lunch, there's usually plenty of room for implication. Little details in your 500-700 word stories that make the readers go, "Wait. What the f**k? Ha!" I, for one, love doing that. Subversions are my specialty.
APPLEPIE! :flutterrage:

I love Applejack, but Pinkie is my least favorite of the Mane 6, so I'd have to vote for Rainbow Dash month. There can never be too much Dash-shipping. :rainbowlaugh:

I'd go with ApplePie myself. It might be hard to fit it into some prompts, but it'd be worth it to see more ApplePie. Even though it's my least favorite of possible AJxOther Mane Six ships (despite having the best name), it's still totally adorbs :ajsmug::pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5