Changelings Need Love Too 2,337 members · 1,539 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hello everypony!

I am making a changeling OC for a story I'm working on. The only problem is her design. Let me explain. She's a 'good' changeling...so does that mean she has to have one of those new designs? The story is set after TWABA (you all know the episode that stands for).

But yes, does my 'good' changeling have to have that new design? Because honestly, it's ugly. An utter eye-sore. I think it's the neon colours that make it awful.

I really hope somepony can help answer my question, and ASAP, if you please. :twilightsmile:

I personally feel that maybe keep her the same except remove the holes from her body to mark her as good one

Do what you Like, just remember to couch it in reason. Just because canon wants to redo the changelings like a box of crayons threw up doesn't mean that any other vision isn't valid.

I agree totally with this. :twilightsmile: I mean, Thorax didn't change right away when he was 'good', until he learned to 'share love'. So your changeling could be the same way, a nice changeling who wants to be friends with the ponies, but hasn't made the 'final shift' yet. (Who knows? Maybe that upcoming episode about Thorax's brother will even help with this? Though that is still awhile in the future...) And even then, who says she needs to make the 'final shift' unless you deem it necessary for the plot/story? :pinkiesmile:

No it soesnt, but you could try looking up other changeling styles

I faced the same problem in my story and just decided to have my changeling not have a blue shell on her back. The reasoning was that the shell shows which hive you belong to with various hives having different colors and changelings without a hive lacking them. Feel free to use this if you want. (PS if in your story a changeling gets banished I had it that the queen removed their shell.) hope this helps.

I do something similar to the changeling version of my OC. He's the same color in his changeling form as his pony form and has no holes. Though the only difference from his pony from is a single color.

5967772 "Like a box of crayons threw up" is exactly what I thought when I saw them! :rainbowlaugh:

There is absolutely no need to change a single thing in how you want your changelings to look like. You don't have to make your character a Christmas tree just because the show used a narrative shorthand to show that they're now "good" (and speaking of that, let's be realistic: in every populace, regardless of whether they have tar-black carapaces or cuddly, jelly bean bodies, you will find both heroes and villains - being a good-looking fellow doesn't make you a good person).

When in doubt, remember that canon is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Consider everything it brings if it's useful, but if it is in any way hindering your creative process, disregard it without batting an eye.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12