Star Trek Ponies 503 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50

About a week ago I went and saw Kubo with a friend, as we were waiting in line for tickets we got to talking about star Trek. Beings how he got to see the new movie and I ended up missing it I asked him abit about it and he told me he enjoyed it, I tried to guess who the villain was and was wrong, from there the conversation drifted to star trek villains and the borg came up. I then wondered what it would be like to see Kirk and his crew go up against the Borg.

Now don't get me wrong, Kirk is a great captain, but I don't think he'd do well against the Borg. They're a rather difficult opponent to deal with, and some styles of leadership just wouldn't work against them. so from there the question returned, would Kirk and his crew fair well against the Borg? or the dominion? 8472? Or the Cardassions?

So I figured I'd ask you all what you thought, witch of the six ( Yes I'm counting the reboot kirk as well.) captains would be the best match against witch of the Many great foes Star Fleet and the federation has face over the years, And to keep this tied into FiM how would each captain deal with being flung into equestria? How would they handle Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Tirek, Starlight glimmer?

Anyway sorry for rambling but I just wanted to share the topic with you guys and see your opinions on the matter.

Well, I do know that Sisko would just punch Discord in the face and automatically win.

Well yeah He's Sisko. He's going to punch those who annoy him in the face. the only question is, What his limit of dealing with Discord's tom foolery would be.

It helps to use the 'reply' button.

5447634 I sometimes forget about it. That aside, I wonder, witch Bones would be more irritated by Equestria and how bright and cheery it seems to be? Heh and Pinkie Pie, No one's ever quite ready for Pinkie Pie, not even Q. Granted Q would probably be able to get along with her best if Discord is any indication.

5447583 Kirk would just Phaser the villains and bed with Celestia:trollestia:

5447697 No he likes to punch things and make speeches. As for bedding Celestia, I don't doubt he'd stop at just her. Half the enterprize's memory is taking up by his little black book.

would Kirk and his crew fair well against the Borg? or the dominion? 9742? Or the Cardassions?

Against the Cardassians of his time?
Probably the same as against the Romulans of his time: stale mate.

Against the Borg? Laughably outmatched. While Borg technology evolves slowly, the Borg are plainly superior. To the point that two centuries later, the Borg nearly succeeded at conquering Earth by sending singular, regular Cubes, in two separate occasions. Note that they haven't even bothered to send a single Tactical Cube, or even a formation of smaller Borg vessels.

8472?
Not even the Borg, two centuries later, could scratch them! The Federation's very best chance would be to check if Kirk could lure one of them into his bed!

The Dominion?
It would really depend on whether they could arouse the attention (aka paranoia) of the Founders. Most likely is that the Founders wouldn't be bothered, or that the Founders would mow down the Federation as soon as some Old Gen captain shot one.

5447583 This is a good question. I think that when it comes to Nightmare Moon, Sisko'll do the best. He has experience explaining things to godlike beings, all he has to do is point out the ecological disaster eternal night would be, and boom.

Probably the same as against the Romulans of his time: stale mate.

Funny thing about that. I remember a massive debate over on another forum about how powerful the Cardassians are based upon their performance before the Dominion War (During The Chase the Enterprise with her shields down only needed to reinforce her structural integrity field to not take any noticeable damage from the Cardassian's main weapon. During The Wounded Picard commented on the time he outran the Cardassians in the Stargazer after they got some cheeky shots in while the Stargazer's had her shields down that disabled her weapons and damaged her impulse drive, etc.)
The conclusion being that the TNG Era/Pre-Dominion War Cardassians were slightly above 22nd Century Earth in ship tech. So, Kirk's Enterprise could definitely take a Galor or two.

5448119 Glad you're enjoying the topic, and that's a fair point, but was Nightmare really in the state of mind to listen to reason? We don't even known if Nightmare was Luna or some mind of Yerk like parasite being hitching a ride.

5447824 Huh didn't notice that typo sorry about that.

5448180 Good point, but I'm going to assume otherwise for the purposes of this discussion. As for Discord, do you even need to ask?

5448185 Fair enough about discord, but tell me you don't want to see him winding up Archer about Vulcans, or taunting Kirk about his habits of bedding alien women, or his crew dropping like flies, Him trying to get a good rise out of Janeway, Or try his luck with Sisko for the first time, besides you never know who else might show some skill for putting him in his lace. maybe reboot Kirk could find some thread to pull to that hits a bit of hidden insecurity?

5448194 That, would be kinda awesome to see. I think it's Chrysalis' turn, how about Sisco(again), he's got the most experience with shapeshifters.

5448197 I'll be honest, I don't know much about Sisko, Janeway or Archer I know Kirk and Picard fairly well and I've seen the first two reboot films but that's about it. That's part of why I posted this thread, to see what other users thought and learn a bit.

That said, Chrysalis, you might could reason with her, but the question with her seems to be "Will she keep her word, is she really going to stick to any promise you get from her?"

5448206 Actually, I meant that Sisco has experience detecting shapeshifters.

5448210 How well does that experience translate to the kind of shape shifting the changelings use, different species different rules, still a fair point though.

Sisko, Janeway or Archer

Oh boy, you've got some marathoning to do. Fortunately you can probably find them all online.

I've seen the first two reboot films but that's about it.

You could really see the third one. It's by far the best of the reboots and unlike Into Terrible Writing, actually feels like a Trek movie.

That said, Chrysalis, you might could reason with her, but the question with her seems to be "Will she keep her word, is she really going to stick to any promise you get from her?"

Given the things Sisko did, she'll either keep her word or suffer the same fate as Romulan Senator Vreenak.

5448223 if SF Debris review's are any indication, I'll pass on that, I like being relatively sane thank you. As for the second reboot move, it's less Into terrible writing as "I wanna be wrath of Khan when I grow up!" Though once the third reboot movie is out I'll give it a watch. Side note, I kinda want to watch reboot the cartoon again, been way too long since I saw it last.

As for what Sisko would do if she didn't keep her word, I'll take your word on it.

I disagree with SF Debris in a LOT of ways. The new movie is expertly written and as long as you accept that this is an alternate universe, it is a hell of a ride.
Mind you, part of the enjoyment is uncovering the mystery with the crew and seeing them figure out how to beat the Krall's Swarm ships in true Star Trek fashion.

Though if you were talking about the DS9, VOY, and ENT. Well, VOY makes a lot more sense if you attribute oddities to the stress of being 70+ years from home combined with temporal anomalies screwing with the timeline that subtly alter characters from episode to episode. (That may sound like a cop-out. But screwing with the timeline in that manner is canon due to ENT's Temporal Cold War [and also explains almost every possible continuity gaff].)

ENT, well, the first two seasons were the worst part of the series. Some good parts, but a lot of subpar work. Seasons 3/4 were great though (sans the finale).

And DS9 is brilliantly deconstructs Star Trek's philosophy while simultaneously reinforcing it.

You do not want to get me started ranting on all the terrible/nonsensical parts of Into Dankness. We'll be here all week.

5448222 I think a modified blood test would work, Changelings have green blood right?

5448246 I was mostly referring to Voy and Ent. DS9 tends to get high praise and rightly so if what I've heard about it from SF Debries and others is any indication. As for plowing through two season of bad to get through the good. I can understand that I love me some TNG but ach barring a few gems like measure of a man the first few seasons were NOT good. Also I disagree with chuck on Masks I thought it was a fun little episode, not great but anymeans but fun to watch.

Oh I bet one of my favorite things to pick on it with is When spoke fixes the warp core, he's leaning over it precisely realigning crystals by hand. When Reboot kirk fixes it, his trying to frog kick/ mule kick the thing back into place.

5448253 Do we actually see them bleed? Also the problem with bloods tests with changelings is two fold, One getting a sample in the first place, and two, just how complete their shape shifting is, I doubt they change down to the blood but it's not smart to just assume it would work. plus given that magic is involved we don't know if the sensors on the ship could even make heads or tales of it given that magic is involved.

5448270 Oh please, the DS9 Anti-Changeling Blood Test is dirt simple. Take a bit of blood from the subject and wait 10 seconds. If it stays blood, they're who they say they are, if it turns into Changeling goo, they're a Changeling. If they object, call security, then do it anyway.

5448274 Huh good on DS9 for not jumping on the "Tech solves all problems/breakout the technobabble" way of solving problems and using some common sense. Still we don't know if it'd work the same with changelings, we know very little about them and what the comics told us is in question. I mean look at the thing, even the thing found a way to get around the blood test at least once if I'm recalling the movie right. Though I might be off as I haven't seen it in years.

5448286 True, but it should work if Chrysalis hasn't seen it before. Even if they can change the color of their blood, it won't stay that way long outside their transformation aura.

5448310 Next up, Tirek. I'm thinking reboot Kirk, he has a habit of taking down vastly superior opponents.

5448324 Tirek should be interesting, and I wouldn't count old kirk out either Given how many computers he talked to death and how many so called omnipotent beings he dealt with.

5448332 True, but I was thinking old Kirk would do pretty well against Starlight, he's dealt with time travel how may times again?

5448340 Oh lord that'd be awesome. If anyone could handle her, it'd be old Kirk or Picard.

5448348 In the episode of DS9 Trials and Tribble-ations, it's confirmed that Kirk has the largest file in the Department of Temporal Affairs.

2:14

5448362 Was that episode made before or after all of Janeway's time travel hijinks was added to the database?

5448366 Not sure. Now, which one for Sombra.

Except in the two parter Homefront/Paradise Lost when it was revealed that the tests can be spoofed. Which calls into question how accurate the test was to begin with.

Let's not forget the Magic Blood, 'Khan' being more pugilist than tactical genius, a complete rewriting of his motivations, the sudden but inevitable betrayal that makes no sense as Khan has no motivation to attack Kirk, etc.

5448371 It's pretty damn accurate, especially when the target's never even heard of it, like say Chrysalis.

5448369 Sombra, is hard to work with because unless he's explained more in further episodes that I missed. He spent most of the two part as a vapor with a one word vocabulary. Yet even the episode itself hinted that he was once far greater, those black crystals of his, how he can flat out nullify the magic of unicorns, his doorway that minds screw you, that pocket dimension tower of hiss. Yet again he himself is mostly just growing crystals, saying crystals and being a vapor. In my opinion his potencail wasn't lived up to so it's harder to find a good foe for him.

5448371 Yup he's got plenty of reason to hate Stare Fleet but not so much Kirk. Also while it's no fault of the actor's Spoke just couldn't quite pull of the shout of "Khan!" heard round the galaxy. Mostly because Shattener's kirk had more reason to true loath Khan and partly because while he's not a ham, that scene was just the right blend of being dramatic and silly. Though as for other problems, You're telling me NO ONE in Starfleet would object to putting cryopods in torpedos like that? yeah no, Star Fleet has it's dark side but that's just not in their wheelhouse.

And then there's the issue of Section 31 building a goddamn dreadnought in secret in the Sol System.
Just, WHY?!

Who said I was worried about Chrysalis spoofing it?

5448419 Because 9/11 and or Bush administration and they are evil.

Right, Orci is a "9/11 Truther".

5448443 Wouldn't surprise me.

That was a statement of fact. He is one on record.

5448487 Huh how odd.

So in your opinion who would be a good match up for Picard? I think starlight glimmer would be. I think he'd Handle Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis well too.

He'd be able to talk down anyone that has motivation other than 'kill everything' or 'pure chaos'.

So, not Tirek.

5448535 I wonder witch of the three I mentioned would push Picards buttons more. because of Discord picard shows up in a LOT of fics, but most people forget that there's one thing other then the Borg or Q really sets him off, and that's Religion. I can't recall the episode names but from the episode where He gets mistake for a god, and the other where that con artist women was trying to scam the people of a planet by pretending to be god really pissed him off. And with That in mind, I don't know if he'd really get on well with Tia and Luna, Much less how Chrysalis, or glimmer would wind him up. Plus his experience with the Borg, you could draw some parales with the royal weddings and what the Changelings do, or ESPESCAILLY Starlight Glimmers, well let's be honest cult would really get under his skin.

On a lighter note Seeing Classic Kirk deal with Trixie at her most arrogant boastfull might be interesting and fun.

It was 'Who Watches the Watchers' and it was less Religion and more Blind Faith that he hates.

5448564 Hollywood isn't very good at separating the two, case in point how family treats religion.

I don't recall the TNG episode Family talking about religion.

5448577 That was a typo and damn embarrassing one I was referring to the show Family Guy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50