Discord/Celestia group 879 members · 329 stories
Comments ( 131 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 131
The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

It's what all of the cool fillies are doing. 'Sides, this is a really adorable ship and let's face it, there just isn't enough of them. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Whatever. Plus this is a decent-sized group, we could probably pull it off.

Take a vote, and if we get enough, I guess maybe we could try one out? :scootangel:

(Off-topic: Still shocked we don't have a Discord emote by now.)

Jadeile
Group Admin

Do you suppose you could explain what a Prompt Tag is? You know, in case people have never even heard of it before and thus have no idea what you're suggesting :twilightsmile:

Anyway, I'm fine with this. Might even participate.

((I know, and Knighty banned the buck outta the extra non-official emotes we had for a while where we had two Discord emotes too. I cried lemon-scented rainbow tears when they couldn't be used anymore))

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

Ah, of course! :facehoof: That would make sense, wouldn't it?

What is Dislestia Prompt Tag? It's a game stolen from the AppleDash group, which you've probably already seen applied to other pairings, and here's how you play it:

Somebody starts off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Discord and Celestia. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word Dislestia mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:

• The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Keep it rated teen or lower, make sure it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed and shoot for 100-500 words of fiction about Dizzy and Tia. (But we won't stop you if it goes a bit longer.)

• Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the remember to include the next prompt.

• Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

• In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.

• Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

...Sooo anyone up for it? :twilightblush:

First prompt, just throwing it out there for anyone who wants it, is: Dance

ShagDragon
Group Contributor

1721556 There are never enough Dislestia fics.

LucifersLawyer
Group Contributor

I've written a song, does that help?

Jadeile
Group Admin

1722923 Okay. I'll claim this since no-one else seems to. So here's the fic.

Princess Celestia had always loved dancing, ever since she had been a little filly. The beautiful music, the shine of the ballroom floor, the dim lights, the look of content concentration on the musicians' faces, the feel of her gown fluttering around her, the clop of fancy shoes against the floor, the eyes of her partner who varied from dance to dance. There was just something magical about it - nothing made her as relaxed as dancing to any kind of music with a skilled partner.

Centuries went by and she danced with thousands of ponies, both mares and stallions, sometimes with foals if she attended school dances for a change of routine. She became so skilled that she never found herself a match anymore, no matter if her partner was a professional or a natural talent - one just couldn't beat millenia of experience.

But that was of no matter, she could still enjoy it.

“May I have this dance, Princess?”

Celestia turned to look towards the voice with confusion written on her face. She was merely standing on her balcony and watching the full moon rise and light up the night sky - there was no music, no dancefloor and certainly no event going on.

“Pardon?” she asked and tilted her head, looking at the mismatched creature who had suddenly appeared beside her and had extended a paw towards her. He huffed and raised an eyebrow.

“This dance, Celestia. May I have it?” Discord asked again and glanced at his paw pointedly before his eyes returned to look at her, “Will you dance with me?”

Celestia looked at the paw, then at Discord's eyes again. She still didn't exactly comprehend the situation but that wasn't anything new when it came to Discord. So she smiled and placed her hoof on his paw.

“Yes.”

There was still no music. There was no ballroom. No dim lightning. No musicians. No gown. No fancy shoes. No skilled partner either because Discord really didn't seem to be able to dance gracefully with his mismatched feet. But there were the beautiful eyes of her partner.

And her partner was immortal. She had all eternity to teach him to dance.

If anyone else feels up for this, my prompt is: colourful.

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1739351 Squeeee! :rainbowkiss:

I'll nab colorful.

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Colorful

She wasn't the same as he had least seen her. If possible, she was even more beautiful than before. Although, it would have never crossed Discord's mind that his Goddess, his Princess, his ray of sunlight, could ever blossom into even more perfection.

Oh, how he wanted to say so many things to her...

But instead, all he could manage was...

"Did you miss me, Celestia? I missed you."

And his mocking tone, the one she would always love and adore, seemed to have annoyed her.

Of course it did.

He wasn't that much of a fool to believe that she remembered everything that had happened so long ago. It had been a thousand years, after all - she had probably moved on. She could very well be Queen Celestia by now.

...And so, he continued to recite his chaotic plan, in those colorful stain glass windows, letting his inner monster take control.

She never even smiled at him once.

That wonderful smile, that shined so bright - it put every one of her sunrises to shame.

...Not even when he looked right at her did she even so much as soften up.

New Prompt: Happily-Ever-After (that totally counts as a word >_>)

Jadeile
Group Admin

1742686 Claiming this since nopony else seems to be going to. If we keep playing this stubbornly enough then maybe others will magically notice and join too, damnit! :ajbemused:

Jadeile
Group Admin

”I do.”

”I hereby pronounce you mare and colt.”

The newly wed pair gave each other a loving kiss while the audience cheered with an occisional sniffle of joyful tears thrown in. Princess Celestia smiled as she watched the happy pair walk towards the door with their guests in tow, off to truly celebrtate their new marriage.

The princess staeyd behind on the altar with no plans to participate in the party - she was only here to wed the ponies who were aristocratic enough to have her be the one to do that. Once everypony was finally gone she stepped down from the altar and begun to leave when suddenly a pop of magic was heard by her side. She didn't even need to look to know who it was.

“Finally gone, am I right? I have no clue why you even bother with wedding ponies when there are others who actually do that for a living”, Discord said as he floated beside her, “You're taking the bread out of their mouths.”

Celestia rolled her eyes with a small smile.

“Hardly. The ponies who have high enough status to be wedded by me wouldn't settle for anypony who would actually need the money from them to survive. They would go for some expensive service and those do well even if I wed a pair every now and then”, she answered.

Discord waved a dismissive talon.

“Fair enough I suppose. Not that I actually even care a whole lot. The only wedding I would care about would be Fluttershy's but that doesn't seem like today's issue”, the draconequus said. Celestia raised an eyebrow, amused.

“Oh? You wouldn't care about your own wedding?” she asked with a teasing tone. Discord looked at her with some genuine surprise.

“My own wedding? Huh, I can't claim to have ever thought that I'd be marrying someone”, he said and looked forward thoughtfully. Celestia's smile widened.

“How about my wedding? Wouldn't you care about that?” she asked. Discord kept looking forward for a moment, then flew ahead and landed in front of her, forcing her to stop and look at him with curiousity. The draconequus had mischivous twinkle in his eyes and a smile on his lips.

“Are you implying those two would be separate occasions?”

New prompt: System

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1753232 :derpytongue2: Classic Discord.
:scootangel: I SHALL PROMOTE THIS SOME MORE.
(not claiming, btw.)

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1753232 Ah, screw it, I'll claim this, and then I'll be able to publish the collab and hopefully reel more writers in.

Jadeile
Group Admin

1898318 Hehe, curious timing as I just promoted this in a new group that collects these things :pinkiecrazy: So it's just good to get this active again so that maybe the ad there will actually do some good too.

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1898337 Ahhhh, yes - thank you!

Nobody's paying attention to my promotions, so maybe they will take note of yours. Such a shame Dislestia is so underrated :c.

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

1898337>>1898463

*rushes in through the door*

SO I HEARD YOU MAY NEED SOME MORE WRITERS HMMMMMM?

...Oh someone just claimed the last tag that's fine I guess I'll just go over here and think about things mhm...

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1899823 No, take it! *clings to your leg* I HAVE NEVER HAD WORSE BLOCK. SERIOUSLY. Ever since I got a genius idea, everything I try to write is just horrible, but my imagination is amazing and ... UGH.

TAKE IT. I BEG OF YOU.

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

In that case...

I CLAIM THE SYSTEM FOR MY OWN.

(now to procrastinate it all away huekek)

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

Prompt: System

"Do you ever get bored of it, Celestia?"

Celestia blinked, and tore her gaze from the horizon to look at the Draconequus that had chosen to wrap himself around her. Discord leaned his head on a paw, a glass of chocolate milk in his other hand.

"Bored?" She asked. Bored of what?"

"That." He pointed with a claw. Celestia followed it back to the sunset before them. The skies were painted vivid shades of red, orange, and pink. It was, perhaps, Celestia's favourite time of the day; when the sun slowly returned to its slumber, and the moon took up the mantle. "How do you put up with it?"

Frowning dubiously, Celestia searched Discord's face, and found – to her astonishment – absolutely no sign that he was joking. In fact, she almost believed that there was genuine curiosity in those mismatched eyes of his.

Almost believed.

"Discord." She asked, with a tired sigh. "What are you getting at?"

Discord was unmoved. "Every day, the sun rises. Every day, the sun sets. Every. Day. Over and over and over and over and – well, you get the idea." He looked at her properly now, and asked her again. "How?"

Celestia's mouth instinctively opened with a retort already forming. Then it shut again. Then she thought.

"I don't know." She eventually answered, and with complete honesty. "It's just how it's always been, I suppose." She frowned again. "Why do you ask?"

Discord shrugged, taking another sip of his chocolate milk. "I want to know more about you. I mean, we're married now, are we not? And let's face it; whoever invented the phrase 'opposites attract' would have taken one look at us and laughed."

Celestia hummed thoughtfully, before taking a sip of her wine. The couple sat on the mountaintop in a companionable silence while the sun slowly sank below the horizon.

Then Celestia spoke, "What about you? What would you do instead? Let the moon and sun trade places randomly?"

Discord scratched at his goatee lazily. "Perhaps. Yes, that sounds about right. Unless you were expecting it, in which case I wouldn't do that at all." Discord gestured with his paw. "Because, you know, Master of Chaos and all that. As long as the system is thoroughly destroyed, I'm happy."

For perhaps the first time in her long, long life, Celestia tried seeing the world from Discord's point of view. "What about the beings who rely on that system, though? Ponies need plants, and plants need the sun. That's how it's always been."

Discord smiled mysteriously. "Ah, but you forget; life can adapt to change. Astonishingly quickly, at that. And being confined to a system is just so..." he shuddered. "...orderly."

Celestia laughed. "I suppose it is, at that. Who knew!"

Discord pouted at Celestia, and she laughed even harder. Eventually, the scowl broke into a smile, and the two laughed together, as the day came to yet another end.

A/N: Eh? What d'ya think?

Prompt: Adventure

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1900317 Cute! :pinkiehappy:
And that's just what we needed to kick over the word limit! Hopefully, publishing this story will inspire other people to join in! :twilightsmile:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1723048>>1729699>>1898337>>1899823
And the collab is officially up! :rainbowkiss:

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

May I claim for Adventure? =w=

Jadeile
Group Admin

1905941 Of course, since no-one else has done that~ So get to writing :pinkiehappy:

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor
TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

Prompt: Adventure

There was a reason we didn't do this.

Celestia had forgotten just what the word stroll could mean to the rambunctious, slithering Draconequus. Now that they were somewhere high up the mountains of Canterlot, she could see the mischievous look in his eyes and she wasn't really enjoying it.

It could mean anything, those eyes. Perhaps he was leading her to one of his secret hide outs or maybe it was a new cruel prank he had been devising and she was going to be the first to try it. Or even worse, he could be creating a plan to capture her an- No, stop that. He was reformed now, he wouldn't do that.

Or at least that's what she kept telling herself. It didn't hold any strength for her sadly.

Yet before she could protest to say maybe this wasn't such a good idea, Discord suddenly shouted, causing herself to become startled. "There! Right there!" Before snapping off to the top, completely without her.

She would have scolded him for leaving her there, if she had not seen his tiny frame up top near a peculiar looking cave. She supposed it be best to let it slide this time though, he seemed like a little filly, how he was jumping up and down; waiting for her.

My first assumption was right. It's just one of his hide outs. She'd be lying if she didn't breathe out some sort of relief.

"Goodness Celestia, you move slower then my own morning wood. I have to say that's quite the feat actually." His tone teasing as always, causing her white cheeks to burn, which she knew gave him more satisfaction then she'd like, so she did her best not to give in even though it was clear she was dumbfounded by the statement.

"Discord." She scolded sternly, finding her regal stature once more. "May I remind you, I am a princess."

"And a lovely one at that~" His tone mocking, as he gave a teasing bow to her, one not as kind as the first, genuine gesture she was happily obliged to from before. If not more menacing to where she would object once more. Yet he always found his words, just a nickel short before her. "However that's got nothing to do with why we're here~"

Then, before her eyes, he vanished once more but inside the cave he was standing just outside of, causing herself, this time, not to flinch as she was getting quite used to his random antics.

What she wasn't expecting, however, was his disappearance into the cave. She was all alone and now, she had to venture into the dark. She was calm though, as she dove right into the deep entrance, already hearing the quick feet of Discord ahead.

She could already hear his voice within her mind. "Come on Tia, not afraid of a little cave are you?"

"Oh just be quiet..." She found herself responding, although to her amazement, she was returned with a simple: "Rude." Catching her completely off guard.

Wasn't she thinking of his voice? Or was he actually speaking to her in her mind?

"You truly amuse me Tia"

Nevermind.

Best not to think about it.

Yet as soon as she stopped her thoughts on the matter, she soon began hearing a loud roar of some kind. A noise, that could only be emitted by...

"-a waterfall."

Ignoring his invasive voice and seeing a light, her hooves began walking just a bit faster. Seeing that for once, she truly wanted to see what made Discord so excited. Even she, herself, was becoming filled with unique thoughts and she swore she could hear him snickering somewhere in the dark.

Upon bearing through a pass of rocks and boulders, blinding her vision, she soon gasped as she was welcomed by a stunning visual she had never seen in all her years of living in Canterlot.

Right before her, was a mine of jewels, shining all over the walls and just as Discord had said, there was indeed a gorgeous waterfall. If anything, the falls made the walls glimmer even more then they normally would. Every kind of gem was in these caves and yet, she never even knew about it...

How was that possible?

"Because only I can come here~"

The voice was not as distant as before, it was more close and Celestia had found herself with her mouth agape, seeing the Draconequus right next to her.

"Excuse me...?" Was all she could blather as the abomination of sorts just laughed at her response.

"That's right Tia! This is all mine~" His arm's opened wide to express as such, causing her to look once more in shock at the beauty before her.

The moment was savored for all it was worth and yet, something was nagging her, how could a beast of sorts that was only interested in chaos and disharmony find peace in something so serene?

Yet, flinching as he had somehow heard her thoughts, Discord let out a sigh as his ears dropped. "You know Tia, I'm not just into Chaos. I mean..." His ears perked back up as he found his real tune of voice. "Granted there's all kinds of chaos in this cave. Why that shard over there could drop on your head and cause Amnesia!" His talon pointing at a Sapphire above their heads.

Yet his tone was beyond unbelievable and it was only then that it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Her gaze now towards the Draconequus, who looked more then nervous as he was fiddling with his ears, arm and whatever else could be touched with upon his body.

"Discord." She spoke calmly, causing his ears to perk as he looked at her with more then just fear, confirming her suspicions even more. "Was this all for me?"

A silence befell them, for what felt like hours, when it was only just a couple minutes. A smile came across his features as he snidely remarked. "And here I thought you were humble and modest."

New Prompt: Broken

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

I severely doubt thats 100-500 words, damn myself to hell. :ajbemused:

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

omai

thassa lotta words

Jadeile
Group Admin

1906397 That's over thousand words actually :trollestia: But that's fine, we do love them words~ :heart: Also, lovely little fic.

Claiming broken because I'm bored so why not. I won't take too long with writing it so we'll have a new prompt for claims in a jiffy :twilightsmile:

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1906569 I like my Dislestia ;~;

1906639 Can it still be submitted in the collab? I don't even know XD

And I'm excited to see what you'll come up with on Broken. :ajsmug:

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

Yes it can still be submitted. The 100-500 is just there so people know what to aim for.

Jadeile
Group Admin

Prompt: Broken

Discord had found himself thinking of this place lately- a nagging little thought in the back of his mind, only manifesting itself properly during the night when he was trying to fall asleep. It had to stop.

His feet were kicking up light dust clouds in his wake as he dragged himself up the dirt path towards his destination. The shadows of the night were long thanks to the recently raised full moon and they painted twisted vaguely pony shaped figures on the ground, even though he was alone.

The draconequus walked past the stone ponies and stopped in front the only empty pedestal in the garden, staring at it with mixed feelings. The moonlight gave it a pale yellow sheen, making it look eerie.

He loathed the thing. He had stood on it for far too long and its mere existence gave him nightmares because the fact that it was still here meant that the ponies were expecting him to return to it someday.

He found himself at home here. He had stood on the pedestal for so long that he felt like he belonged here, like there was a bond to this place that he had nowhere else. That was actually true too, since the rest of Equestria had changed drastically - any place he had been familiar with had been altered beyond recognition. Of course he only found that refreshing and exciting but sometimes... sometimes he felt a little lost.

He couldn't stand the granite block. Both because he hated it and because it was too comforting in a way he wasn't comfortable with.

Discord glared at it and snapped his fingers, summoning himself a pickaxe. He lifted it above his head with a look of determination on his face.

“Will breaking it make you feel better?”

Discord startled and dropped the pickaxe, turning around to look at the source of the voice with wide eyes. Multicoloured pastel mane was moving in its personal ethereal wind. No crown, no slippers, no neckband. A look of understanding in her eyes.

“... yes, it will make me feel better, Celestia”, Discord answered and picked up his tool again, turning his back to her. He heard the soft sound of hooves treading on dirt and then felt her presence right next to him. Reluctantly he glanced her way and to his bafflement found her smiling.

“Then do it. You have been very distant lately to the point of making me worried and if one broken pedestal can fix it, then I am more than happy to have one around”, she said.

Familiar things had definitely been altered beyond recognition during the last thousand years. But it could be a good thing. Perhaps Discord could find something else to be his one constant from now on. Something less conflicting than the cold stone.

In the morning the rising sun revealed one broken pedestal and one healing soul for the world to see.

Next prompt: Salt

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1907184 Holy crap that gave me way too many feelings.

:applecry:

Jadeile
Group Admin

1907434 Then I suppose it's a mission accomplished~ :trollestia:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Salt

"Happy birthday, Celestia."

Celestia slowly opened an eye and released out a very unladylike groan as she buried her face into one of the ridiculously plush pillows on her bed. "Good morning to you too, Discord," she muttered.

"Funny," the draconequus smirked as he floated over to lay beside her. "I had always taken you to be the morning type."

The Sun Princess let a sigh escape her lips and she flickered her gaze up to Discord, who was smiling his usual mischevious smile. "What do you want?" she inquired, brushing voluminous locks of mane from her vision. "I would like to at least try and enjoy my birthday."

"Exactly!" the Spirit of Chaos declared, sitting up and giving a quick flourish with his talon and lion paw. "Which is why I decided to treat you, my lovely wife, to breakfast in bed!"

And with a quick flash of light, there was a tray placed next to Celestia - complete with French toast drenched in syrup, hay bacon, coffee that was as black as the night, and a small, but very decadent-looking cake, decorated with dark chocolate frosting, and if she guessed right, she was assuming it'd be red velvet underneath...

Her favorite.

"And, before you ask, yes, I made it myself." Discord boasted, with a grin that almost didn't have a slight twinge of question behind it. "Don't worry - your Royal kitchen is in tip top shape."

With a raised eyebrow in curiosity, Celestia slowly sat herself up and took a cautious sip of her coffee, only to be surprised that it tasted perfect - just as if she were to brew some of it on her own...

"What, do you doubt my cooking skills?" the draconequus questioned, with a tone of mock disappointment to his voice as he placed a talon over his heart in false pain. "Why, Celestia..."

Shaking her head playfully, the alicorn didn't bother with table manners as she munched away on a slice of the bacon, and was taken aback that it was also made to just how she liked it - not too crispy, but neither was it disgustingly slimy. And she wasn't doubting the fact that her husband could cook, however...

"You really made all of this by yourself?" Celestia questioned as she dug into the French toast, noticing that it was fluffy and thick, not thin and burnt.

Now she knew Discord had to have tried something...

"I might have referred to one or two cookbooks," he admitted. "and failed several attempts."

With a sly smile at knowing she was (mostly) correct on the matter, Celestia shook her head playfully and headed straight for the cake. After all, while the rest of her meal was delicious and seemed like something out of a five-star restaurant, she was a very firm believer in desserts first...

...Although, despite it was her favorite - rich dark chocolate, the kind straight from Marescow, with a silky red velvet cake base, something about it seemed ... odd.

Magically levitating over the napkin from the tray, Celestia spit out the chunk of cake she had bitten off and wrinkled her nose.

"Discord..."

"Even on your birthday you manage to get mad at me," the draconequus sighed. "what did I do now?"

"I'm not mad, so to speak, but..." Celestia hesitated. "Did you bother to double check when mixing the ingredients in this cake?"

His expression said it all.

A big, fat no.

"Taste this icing for me," the Sun Princess said simply, scraping off a bit of the delicious-looking chocolate from the rest of her cake and levitating the fork over to her husband, who breezily snatched it and licked off the frosting, only to be surprised as well.

... it wasn't sweet, or even the slightest bit bitter - due to the chocolate.

Instead, it was...

Salty.

"Oops?" Discord said, with a nervous chuckle, only before clearing his throat. "But, look at it this way, Celestia, at least I didn't give you food poisoning!"

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes playfully, the Sun Princess let out a sigh and slightly pushed her meal away.

"Well, since you ruined my cake, I suppose that I'll just have to settle for something... sweeter."

And with that look, Discord could tell all.

A mishap with salt was nothing, it was time for things to get spicy.

(Sorry, not sorry, for that ending. XD)
New Prompt: Children

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

Oh God, children? Anything is possible with that prompt.

I just wish it wasn't just us four, I wish there was someone else here to add on to the sexy Dislestia mix! :pinkiesad2:

Jadeile
Group Admin

1913252 A couple of others expressed their interest in comments in the fic, so it's quite possible that they will actually show up and join in the fun at some point.

As for the prompt, I'm personally kinda dreading the results :twilightsheepish: I kinda want to grab it just so I could avoid someone else taking it the probably intended way, but I don't want to be cruel and do that :pinkiecrazy: That, and I've already written three out of seven fics in the collab and taking this one would make it official that I've written exactly half of them. So I'll wait and see if someone else will grab it and only take it if it seems that the thread won't move on if I don't.

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

I will go ahead and make a journal to show I was a part of this collab, maybe get one or two more views I don't know.

Also I will be uploading my specific prompt on Deviant Art if that's ok? o3o

And yeah I know, I feel like I need to write more prompt's as well. :twilightsheepish:

Jadeile
Group Admin

1913757 It's perfectly okay, it was written by you after all :pinkiesmile: I'll probably upload my drabbles in fanfiction.net at some point as my own collection.

kildeez
Group Contributor

Okay, my mind is going to way too stereotypical places with "children," but I guess I can claim it.

kildeez
Group Contributor

I'm claiming it totally and absolutely! Inspiration struck! It's MINE! MINE! *Hiisss*

kildeez
Group Contributor

AAWWWWWWWW....here we go...

I need twelve cc’s of Grimroot here! Stat!

We’re losing him!

Discord tried to open his eyes, and immediately a jet of light stabbed into them, slamming throug his skull. Grimacing with pain, the draconequus squeezed them shut again, allowing the voices to continue echoing through his head.

I am NOT going to be the doctor who lost the Prince! Now get me another freakin’ IV bag!

Sighing, he knew he couldn’t keep this up. The ponies were probably super worried at this point. They were stupid like that: worrying about a being who, not two years ago, had plunged their world into a chaotic hell for his own entertainment. Then again, they could just be worried about how their pretty little princess might react to being told her special somepony was six feet under. Heaven knows he’d be scared out of his wits in that doctor’s shoes.

Okay…okay…I think he’s stable now.

Celestia and Luna, that was close. How did he do this to himself again?

Apparently, he snuck off to some universe full of Eldritch abominations just to see how many he could take on at once.

Maniac. What’s the Princess see in him anyway?

The draconequus allowed a tiny smile to play on his lips at the memory of the doctor’s words. Though he’d only been semi-conscious at the time, his memory was still a steel trap. Tell ya what, doc: if you ever figure it out, let me know, ‘cause Heaven knows I can’t piece it together. He opened his eyes again, slowly at first, then bolting wide open once he saw who was sitting next to him. He immediately scolded himself for being caught so off-guard. It was her nature, after all.

Princess Celestia had seen better days. Her mane didn’t flow in that ethereal, non-existent wind as it usually did, and her coat seemed to have lost some of its luster, but it was still unmistakably her lying there, face in her hooves as if she’d fallen asleep while crying into them. Probably did, silly pony, he mused, smiling gently as he reached out a talon to stroke a few, ragged strands of mane. Alright, let’s get this over with.

The moment his eagle-like talon made contact with the Princess’ hair splayed out over the bed, she jerked awake, bolting up straight and gazing down at him with exhausted, yet still vibrant, vermillion eyes. His little smile turned into a grin. “Just so you know, the answer is seven,” he rasped, his dry throat constricting with every word. “I can take on seven Eldritch abominations at once. It’s probably more, but one of the sneaky jerks got up behind me.”

“You IDIOT!” She screamed, throwing her hooves around his shoulders and showering him with kisses. “You idiot, you idiot, you stupid, moronic jerk…”

“Hnnngh…” he groaned as her grip tightened. “The ribs, Tia! I’m no expert, but I’m quite certain the prescription for fractured ribs is not big, tight hugs!”

“Sorry!” She gasped in a near-panic. “Are you alright!?”

“Yes, yes, just fine…”

“Good,” she said, her look darkening. Suddenly her hoof lashed out and socked him in the jaw, nearly breaking it (again).

“Ow, what the…”

“On a whim!?” She gasped angrily. “You flew into a universe filled with creatures specifically created to rip every other being in reality to shreds on a whim!?

“I got bored,” he shrugged nonchalantly, wincing a little with the pain in his shoulders.

“Discord, you can’t keep doing this!” Celestia screeched. “You can’t keep doing stupid, reckless things just for the sake of doing stupid, reckless things!”

“And why not!?” He snapped, sitting up in his bed, his mismatched, red eyes glaring into her watery lavenders. “It’s my nature, Tia! You knew that when you married me!”

“Well then, you need to control your nature!”

“Control…chaos…” he sighed and laid himself out on the bed. “I can’t believe what I’m hearing…”

“You have responsibilities now, Dissy! As a Prince of Equestria, you are obligated…”

“Oh please, Tia, I may be a prince in title, but we both know that’s just a fluke of semantics and royal marriage laws,” he turned over in his bed, facing away from her. “We know the ponies would never accept a draconequus on the throne, much less giving orders or doing anything.”

She bit her lip, vermillion eyes filling with pain. Eventually, she took a deep breath and sighed, visibly bracing herself. “Then do it for the sake of your unborn children.”

He whipped around in the bed, nearly fainting from the shock and the sudden movement. “You’re…”

She nodded slowly. “I found out right after you left.”

His head reeled, eyes spinning in his sockets. “Holy crap…” he managed to squeak.

“It’s twins, Discord, and based on their development, they’re going to be out in just a few months.”

“A few months…” he gasped, eyes twitching. “Does anyone else know?”

“No, no, just me, the doctor, and now you. I wanted you to be the first.” She explained, biting her lip.

He breathed slowly, trying to keep his nerves calm. Oddly enough, this was the first time he’d had to do so in months, the other time being that night when he’d gotten down on one knee and asked the mare in front of him to spend the rest of eternity at his side. “This is…huge.”

“Yeah.”

“Like, really huge.”

“Kids usually are, Dissy.”

An awkward silence fell between the pair, Discord just trying to process what was happening. Kids meant no more flying around on a whim. Kids meant staying close by. Kids meant long, sleepless nights and parent-teacher meetings and cribs and cheesy books and horrible movies and…

Celestia gazed down at him, more concern in her eyes than when he’d first woken up. “Discord?”

Kids from the Princess of Harmony and the embodiment of Chaos… a smile cracked his lips. How wonderfully chaotic. “We can name one ‘Chubby’.”

She stared at him, then immediately burst out laughing. “You are SO bad!” She guffawed.

“You love it,” he chortled, pulling her onto the bed next to him and nuzzling her neck.

“No, I love you,” she whispered, leaning in for a quick kiss on his forehead.

Any other time, he would have stuck out his tongue and scolded her for being so cliché, but for reasons he would never quite be able to explain, he could only smile, plant a gentle kiss to her lips, and reply: “And I love you too, Princess.”

Okay, next prompt is: "Worry."

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

1918855 Aw, that was so cute! :rainbowlaugh::heart:

Claimed, by the way.

kildeez
Group Contributor

1918911 And that was fast o_0

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1918855 YOU

This story just... Was way too good for my own eyes to read. D8

And yay! Are we gonna get some angsty, angst? =w=

kildeez
Group Contributor

1919099 We'll see! PrincessRarity already claimed it. I mean, it was instantaneous, I posted the story and they immediately leapt right on the prompt!

Also, thanks for the compliment :twilightsmile:

The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

Claimed Prompt: Worry

"Do you want to hold her?"

Discord hesitated, only before shaking his head. The little bundle in his wife's hooves seemed so ... fragile, and delicate. Almost like a precious little knick-knack on a shelf - if dropped, it would shatter into a million pieces to unrepairable mentions.

But as obvious as it was, the bundle was no china doll - instead, it was a filly.

The newest Princess of Equestria; little Cassara Eris Blaize.

It had been three months since her birth, and Discord was avoiding all costs to be alone with his daughter, or getting too close to her. It wasn't that he didn't love her - he did, with all of his heart - but that was the problem. He cared for her too much, and what with his oh-so-natural chaotic manner, he was frightened that he could mess up and harm her.

And the last thing he wanted to do was hurt his precious little girl.

"It's not as hard as it looks," Celestia said simply, as she let out a giggle, watching her daughter wriggle out of the pink blanket she was trapped in.

Discord practically melted at the adorable sight of his wife and child - so content, so happy... so perfect.

He almost felt out of place.

Even if young Cassara had the same confusing pattern of body parts as her father, she was still an absolute gem, and Celestia's Goddess like appearance just fit.

However, Discord was the odd one out of the three of them.

A beautiful baby Princess, destined for great things.

An amazing indescribable mare of beauty, brains and wit who couldn't compare to anything.

...and a God of Chaos, a menagerie of who knows what.

"Discord?" Celestia murmured, raising an eyebrow as she firmly held the little one in her hooves - preventing her daughter from attempting to fly off with her mismatched wings. "Is something wrong?"

The draconequus shook his head once more, giving a light scoff.

"Whatever gave you that assumption, Tia?" he questioned breezily. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Don't try and lie to me," the Sun Princess replied. "I can tell when you have something on your mind."

Discord held back a scowl. Curse Celestia for knowing him so well. He was supposed to be a God, all powerful, but he seemed even the power of love had woven its' sneaky ways around his own tricky traits.

"Just thinking about how much chaos this little one will be stirring up," he mused.

'Come to think of it, she is quite the adorable terror,' Discord said to himself, smiling as he watched his daughter reach out to him with her own little lion paw and talon.

"She definitely won't be doing anything like that." Celestia declared, shooting a playful smile. "I'll make sure of it."

"Your mother is such a joykill," the draconequus whispered loudly to his little filly, who giggled in response, almost as if she could understand her father.

Rolling her eyes jokingly, the Princess of the Day began to fumble in keeping her daughter in her grasp, however, the little one somehow mischeviously found a way to escape her mother and flew up in the air for a solid second, only before - as if it were in slow-motion - falling towards the floor...

...But then, as if by a magical instant, Discord reached out and his little girl fell right into his grasp.

She blinked for a moment, only before looking up at him and giggling in that sweet melodic way all foals did.

And for a moment, the world seemed to stop.

It was like the first time Discord had seen his daughter all over again - her precious magenta eyes, flawless white coat, colorful mane, oddities that were reflected as perfection...

Holding her in his arms just suddenly came natural, even if he had always been reluctant to do so before.

...and suddenly, he couldn't remember why he ever worried in the first place.

"Like father, like daughter," Celestia observed, as she took note of her husband's and daughter's expressions. "She has your smile."

Discord let out a chuckle, and shook his head, never taking his gaze off of his little Princess.

"I'm afraid she does." he murmured.

...Although, now, his worry would be more or less focused on making sure his baby girl would never grow up.

(Cute family fluff, rather than angst, because... well, I can't resist my often untreated guilty pleasure for family drabbles :P. Plus, Daddy Discord is best Discord.)

New Prompt: Secret

Jadeile
Group Admin

1919516 I'll claim that one. Maybe I'll manage to do the needed angst after all this diabetes fuel :trollestia:

Jadeile
Group Admin

1919516 Okay, this turned out plain dark. I don't know what happened, this wasn't what I initially had in mind :twilightoops: This will certainly throw the readers for a loop after first getting fluff and babies and then suddenly this :pinkiecrazy:

Prompt: Secret

Discord couldn't face Celestia today.

She would see it in his face if he did. He knew she would. She always knew if something was wrong with him and disturbingly often she could even guess what it was about, in a general sense.

He couldn't afford it now. It was just too horrifying for her to find out. Ever.

The draconequus closed his eyes and coiled up tighter, unable to stop shaking. Unable to get the smell of blood from his nose. Quite possibly because he was almost sure he was covered in it. Almost. He hadn't checked.

Oh Chaos, what had he done.

If Celestia-- no. If anypony found out he would be done for. He would be a statue for the rest of forever, regardless of his relations with a Princess. There was just no excuse for this. This kind of thing just wasn't done.

Discord felt like throwing up again. But at the same time he couldn't move from his spot.

The world was spinning so he lifted a shaky paw over his already closed eyes in hopes that it would stop. The smell of blood got stronger.

It was on his paw, wasn't it?

Discord could see the pony vividly in his mind. Purple coat, pink mane, yellow eyes. A unicorn mare. And she had the look on her face. That is, before she was covered in blood and her face was twisted into a look of horror.

How could he ever run his paw through Celestia's mane again? He could wash the physical blood away, and he needed to do that soon or the smell would drive him insane, but he would know.

He would carry this secret forever.

If he could.

Please, don't ever find out, Celestia.

New prompt: Surface

TheOneBehindYou
Group Contributor

1919779 Good God, you just killed me with this chapter.

I love me some dark but the sudden turn of events was just, woah.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 131