Sweetie Belle 1,642 members · 2,666 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Seriously. I know Scootaloo's parents apparently haven't finished navigating the phantom Zone (well the writing staff says they're not dead or criminally neglectful so that's the best I got) but where were Sweetie's folks in the last episode? She had a coming of age party and they couldn't be bothered to show up, what the heck?

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

4773517 Yeah, that bugged me. Hasbro, this was the kind of situation that demanded the presence of Sweetie Belle's parents.

I guess we'll just have to assume that they, and Scootaloo's parents, arrived at the party later on, and we never saw it.

4773517 I suspect we didn't see Sweetie's parents because then we would have needed to see Scoots parents and hasbro had revealed enough for one episode.

Had we seen Hondo and Pearl but not Scootaloo's parents it would have basically confirmed that Scoots in an orphan, or we would have ad to see Scoots parents, so the happy medium is that we see neither of them and we assume that only sisters (and honorary sisters) were present for that song.

Yea but seriously, why is that a big reveal? I would doubt the cast doesn't know Scoots' parents and we've all seen Sweetie's, so stop hiding them already Hasboro. It better be a big deal with Scoots parents finally show up, and sheesh, all those fics about Rainbow adopting Scoots, I'm tempted to write one about Rarity adopting Sweetie. Are there any fics about that yet?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, they weren't at Cadance's wedding, or the last Gala. Why would they be at my cuteceneara? They were probably on vacation or off fishing or sleeping in or something. It's not like either of Diamond Tiara's parents showed up at her cuteceneara...

--Sweetie Belle

You poor kid. Go hug your sister, at least it's obvious she cares. Don't worry about it, I'm sure your folks will get featured again at some point. They can't be THAT neglectful... right?

If you're stuck in the digital world, here's a Rarity hug for you:

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

4773565 At least Filthy Rich was probably busy with business deals, and I think it's obvious Diamond Tiara wanted her mom to be as far removed from her life as possible.

Scoots parents are probably extremely busy, and Sweetie's...Well, they take vacations a lot. A lot.Lets not forget how they ditched her before.

No kidding. Pinkie is more of a parent by this point!

This is why I have a ove hate with those two. At least Scoots I can say her parents are military or in sports.

Sorry, I was in the military for five years, and trust me, that's not treated like an excuse for child neglect. If they even suspect you of that, it's life in prison. A very very nasty prison. Really I don't see how sports would be an excuse either. Heck Rainbow only recently started caring for her and Scootaloo's parents had nothing to do with that. But enough about Scoots, this isn't her forum, let's just have Apple Bloom and Sweetie give her some unwanted affection and call it good for now:

4773537 Oddly beyond the shot of 'Rainbow Dad' in the flashback for Games Ponies Play when have we ever seen pegasus parents? I mean Fluttershy, nope, Scoots Nope, but they're purported to have them. I don't count Stormy Flare (Spitfire's Dam/Mother) in Rarity Investigates, and Zipporwhill's father in Filly Vanilli as they were basically included as part of the plot for the episodes. It's all inconvenient omission.

Well here's hoping that given Season 5's habit of running episodes with tight continuity followup maybe we see the end of the huge cute-ceaƱera Pinkie referred to at the beginning of the episode and get the reveal then. I have this idea that it's The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows Who's About to Become Parents.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks. Fortunately, Rarity hugs are around on derpiboo.ru, too...

That is kinda what I figure...

It isn't unwanted any more!

--Sweetie Belle

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

4773707 That would be nice, but they probably won't do that. That episode and the next episode got switched around in terms of when they were suppose to air.

4773892 Drat, foiled by those nosy kids and their stupid dog ... wait:facehoof: wrong series.:twilightsheepish:

Oh and hey Sweetie, Scoots looks like she has another possibly deadly crusade for you all to go on. Have fun, don't die!

(No I didn't draw that, it's from here: http://dstears.deviantart.com/art/CMC-Alien-Force-355986392)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16