The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE 1,058 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

'Magic Duel' has finally aired. What is your thoughts on the actual episode? How do you think this will affect Trixie fics? Is Trixie a lost cause or is there still redemption probable? Who will ship with her now?

I don't think much will happen. Aside from where she went after leaving Ponyville, not much else was explained.

517025 I thought that Trixie would never be used again. till the end of that episode where she tried to apologize. Trixie will be back and hopefully a semi main char. And the episode was EPICCCCCCCCC. If she is not used again this shall be my face. :fluttercry:

The episode was fantastic, although as usual I have some nitpickings about Trixie's level of magical talent. It always feels like they're making her too weak. I had also hoped to see more dark magic from Twi and some foreshadowing to a greater plot arc that simply didn't happen.

Magic Duel was a, "what you see is what you get" kind of episode, but I still enjoyed it. What's more awesome than Trixieville? Ultimately I don't think it'll have much impact on fanfics though. The only key difference is that she doesn't seem to harbor much ill-will towards Twilight anymore, which was a tired plot for her anyways. Hopefully it ushers in an era of more original ideas and less revenge, redemption, et cetera fics.

Probably the best outcome we could've hoped for. Trixie is now the third redeemed antagonist, after Luna and Babs. Great ending, her picking herself up after tripping.

I think it went pretty well. They did not destroy Trixie as a character. Why? because we only see her apologizing to Twilight. More importantly, only for being an evil and cruel dictator. She can still be the good old arrogant Trixie. :twilightsmile:

I thought that it was amazing. I liked it because it confirmed that deep down, Trixie is a good pony. And her leaving means she can have a lot more adventures, which is good for writing.

It was pretty good. They had some humor, even if Scootaloo is forever alone... :scootangel: The only character not to appear... again!

Setting that pegasus aside for a second, impressive episode. Twilight did the right thing, and the Trixie possible redemption is going to cause an uptick in Trixie fics. Likely a surge of redemption and some AU about Trixie taking over Ponyville or Equestria... :trixieshiftright::unsuresweetie: Back to you, Filly.

Yeah... SLEEPLESS IN PONYVILLE IS COMING UP!!!!!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8