The GREAT and POWERFUL TRIXIE 1,058 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

What's your personal theory on why Trixie speaks in the third person?

My personal theory:

Trixie, when she was little was actually very shy. Maybe as bad as Fluttershy. She couldn't bring it upon herself to introduce herself to new ponies. However, she found that if she referred to herself in the third person, it almost felt like she wasn't talking about herself at all. It worked very well and she did this for years until she grew out of her shy state. By then, it was a habit, and she eventually just decided to use The Great and Powerful Trixie as her stage name.

Honestly, I rather like the theory put forth in 'Trixie's Magic Bit', that it was first a way for her to detach herself from the horrible consequences of her past actions. But later it evolved into a more personal way for her to devote herself to another pony, referring to herself not as a person, but as a possession of that pony.

hmm...my theory revolves around her idea that she was always looked down upon with her family...as i delved into her past in my story...and because she didn't follow in her families line of work (i wont spoil it), she had to become the best in magician in Equestria to show that she wasnt a falure. Her thrid person speach was probably inherited from her God-complex...her vision of herself outweighing the reality of her skills.:trixieshiftright::trollestia::trixieshiftleft:

She became the mask, so to say, for me. The persona of 'Great and powerful' overshadowed 'Trixie'. Plus, she was probably lonely in her little wagon, nopony else to speak to.

Because Trixie can.

Way I see it, she just does it for dramatic effect. So she does it all the time when she's putting on a show, and occasionally offstage, when she feels it would sound more imposing than just "Me" or "I."

Because she's so arrogant that she actually has to say her own name a lot to emphasize how brilliant she is.

Of course, she's arrogant in a hilarious/loveable way and she actually IS brilliant, so it's all good. :heart::trixieshiftright:

I have a very standard explanation, that I've heard people say- like why they do it.
She's a stage magician, audience remembering her name is crucial.
She's been touring for so long it's started to cling to her when talking to ponies she does not personally know. No troubled past or guilt in my headcanon-
/5weekslateguy

Because she just does. Ecthelion does too, do you have a problem, with Ecthelion?:trollestia:

Two for me one is born that way where she speaks like that since the beginning of her life second its a very hard habit to break

Trixie came from a broken home, and as a young filly suspected that, while her parents' breakup wasn't her fault, she should have found a way to prevent it. When making friends she always tried to convince them that she was "good enough." That only caused her rejection, and eventually she simply became her stage persona, "The Great and Powerful Trixie."

She's quite mad, and, more's the pity, she knows it. Referring to herself in the third person is her last, desperate grasp at holding on to rhat pont she used to be, the one who actually had a chance at a happy life. And she knows that if she didn't, if she truly became the G & PT, then there's no telling what she'd be next. :pinkiegasp:

Or, ya know, it's a schtick for the stage that she slips into from habit. Either way.

Sort of like this, except without all the loneliness stuff. She was just putting on a show. "The Great and Powerful" was her stage name, her persona that she wore when she was trying to impress people. I really don't agree with all the weepy bullshit people invent for her. I mean, how many people do you know that had shitty childhoods and came out to be completely arrogant and self-serving? Those two things just don't add up, if anything, she was a spoiled brat who always got what she wanted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13