Anime Crossovers 2,863 members · 1,663 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Cute little ponk, isn't she?

Hello, hello dear members of the Anime Crossovers Group. This is NotSoWickedWitch, with a revamped version of something uploaded just yesterday — what a joke. At this moment in time, I've acknowledged the amount of interaction in the group seem to be a bit on the inactive side, and I think that definitely needs to change. That being said, with the permission of the administrators: we will be throwing a contest to help brighten up our spirits.

The judges of the contest will be the current active admins and contributors of the group — who are thrilled to be working with such brilliant authors — as well as some amazing guest judges. And while I'm personally not the best author myself, I promise you that I will be choosing fics that really outshine the others. Fanfiction that really puts the anime crossover genre into a state of permanent awe. But of course, how can one write such an epic without knowing the rules and guidelines of the contest?

Rules

Starting Date:

September 3rd, 2017

Ending Date:

October 7th, 2017
12:00 AM, Eastern Time Zone

Rating:

Everyone or Teen

Rules

i. Contest entries must be an anime crossover of some sort. That being said, while anime video games like Persona and Danganronpa are allowed, you can't have the Scarlet Johanson version of Ghost in Shell as your crossover. Manga counts in our book, as well as animes made in the west. Anime-esque stuff, on the other hand, doesn't count.

ii. Contest entries must be submitted before midnight on October 7th. No exceptions, as we've given you more than a month to complete this.

iii. While there is no longer any maximum length for the fic , the minimum is 1. 000. We will allow multi-chapter pics, but they must be complete by midnight on the due date.

iv. As stated above, we don't want to be reading a massive gorefest or a clopfic. I understand you want a Higurashi crossover, but please don't get too in detail.

Questions

[Q]: Can I write a sequel to an already-written crossover?
[A]: No, silly-billy. This story must've been written for the contest alone.
[Q]: How many submissions can I enter?
[A] Uno - we don't want a flood of submissions from the same user. I get you might have a flow of inspiration, but please keep that for your personal writing.

[Q]: Where will I submit my entry?
[A]: Into the Contest Entries folder. Once you're done uploading the story, please just contact me about your entry, and I'll write it down.
[Q]: Are humanizations and Equestria Girls allowed?
[A]: Humanized ponies, Equestria Girls, HiE, PoE and alternate universes are all allowed as long as they follow the same rules a pony anime crossover would have.
[Q]: If I had an anime crossover story that hadn't been published to the site yet — and by that I mean it hasn't been published to any other Fanfiction either — can I still enter it in the contest?
[A]: If you haven't published this fic on any site yet, feel free to publish it for the contest.

Prizes

People seem to want these more than I had expected.

Honorable Mentions: shouldn't expect to receive much, but if any of our donators / guest judges are gracious enough, they may receive something. Don't trust my word for it though.

Third Place: will receive a request for a story by any administrator of their choosing. They will also be able to add the anime folder of their choosing.

Second Place: will be receiving a cover image by Little Tigress, and will receive a request for a story by any administrator of their choosing. They will also be able to add the anime folder of their choosing.

First Place: a cover from Little Tigress, a free commission from the one and only Wubcake, and maybe even an animated trailer of the story of their choice from UniqueSKD. They will also receive the ability to request a group administrator to write a story, as well as add the anime folder of their choosing.

With that all said and done, it's time to get back into the game! I wish you good luck.

And please, for the love of Celestia -

DON'T. ADD. ALREADY. MADE. STORIES.

Good luck to all.

Can this include Japanese versions of American animation like Transformers RID (the original one) and Powerpuff GIrls Z?

First you say the ending date is October 7th 12AM than in the rules you say October 30th 12PM. Which of them is the right one?

This is the revamped version, and therefore: this version is the correct one. It was re-uploaded for a reason, my friend, many things have changed. :twilightsmile:

So yeah, October 7.

That can be allowed as well.

I understand that, what I meant is that you give two different dates in this very post. You should edit the rules-section to avoid confusing others.

Ah I see. Thanks for being a bit clearer then.

Comment posted by EquestrianKirin deleted Sep 4th, 2017

Well this is a neat contest. Wish I could put in my Crossover Together story, but I guess it doesn't exactly count though, does it? :twilightblush:

I mean it could have been entered, yet the thing is that it was already written. That being said, it wouldn't have been accepted anyways.

I see. Well, interesting to see what's entered anyway

I do suggest you try and come up with something. Just a one-shot with 2,000 words would be acceptable. And there's nothing bad with giving it a try.

Well I do still have a month's time to come up with something. I suppose a single one-shot or something would work out fairly well if I can come up with anything, though I can't guarantee anything. I'm trying not to lose my interest in my bigger project, you know how it is. I'll surely try though ^^

So, no more maximum, and the minimum is also the minimum for the site? Is that in case people link from other sites?

If I can think of something...

Yep. We're trying to be cautious here. Anybody found cheating will end up being automatically disqualified, and maybe even receive a suspension from the group.

I wish you luck! :pinkiesmile:

Has anybody else submitted a fiction?:rainbowderp: I ask cause I don't see any other fics in the submission folder. I hope they have cause something like this is not much fun without competition. :twilightsmile:

Then I came just at the right time:twilightsmile:

Yay! i like challenges. :twilightsmile: Thiss'll be fun and may the best author win. good luck. :pinkiehappy:

a magical girl crossover? I like your style. :pinkiehappy:

To be honest, I had the idea for nearly a year. This contest was just finally an incentive to write it.

same reason for mine as well. I'd been sitting on it and this just gave me the final push.

MetaKnight145
Group Contributor

Now that its official I would give anything for someone to write and send in a Cory in the House fic for the memes.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Any idea when the judging will be done?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24