• Published 10th May 2013
  • 340 Views, 17 Comments

A World Torn - Flaring Dawn



A war tears through the land of Equestria pitting the Pegasus and earth ponies against the unicorns. Stormdrift, a Pegasus from Cloudsdale only wants one thing. He wants the war to end.

  • ...
 17
 340

dark roads ahead

Illumi Nite and I began our treck back to ponyville...or what was left of ponyville. While we were walking i thought about Illumi Nite's words from before. "Let us go then... let us smite the one who killed all the harmony..."

I looked at the ground and frowned. Who would kill harmony? Whjy would anypony want to get rid of that? These questions ate me until Illumi Nite spoke up.

"Why do you think i can save this world Storm?" She asked me, her eyes trained on mine. I thought about it for a while. Why did i go to her? I thought and thought and before i could say something We both heard a scream.

"Get away from me.... HELP!!!!!" A frantic voice yelled from the direction of the scream. Illumi Nite and I ran towards the scream and saw a sight truly horrific. Fluttershy's wings were being torn off by a group of Unicorns. My heart stopped when i saw it. I ran towards the group only to be cut off by Illumi Nite.

"Leave these foals to me..." She said with malace in her voice. The Unicorns looked towards us and ran for me. "oh looky here another worthless pegasus!!!" One of them sneered. Before he could get to me he was lifted by a magical auroa and slammed to the ground.

"You foal.... I told you to seek the ones who were causing a ruckess now I shall kill you...' With that Illumi Nite slowly started to rip the Unicorn apart. She started by ripping his horn from his head causing him to scream in agony. She then took the horn and impaled him through the chest but only deep enough to cause him pain. Illumi Nite smiled a sick twisted smile as she pulled one of the Unicorns ribs out and stabbed him repeatedly with his own rib bone. I had to look away for fear of losing whatever I ate. After the death of that unicorn the other two wisely fled. I then turned my attention to Fluttershy who was now whimpering in agony. I rushed to her side and sat by her laying her down on my lap. My anger was on the verge of exploding. Fluttershy was like me. She didn't want a fight. She didn't want to hurt her friends. Fate had other plans though and now she lay helpless in my lap crying her eyes out.

"Shhhh... it's ok Flutter I'm here and so is Illumi Nite. We are going to help you ok? I know it hurts but I will find a way to heal you... I promise..." I said as I stroked her bloodstained mane, tears threatening to escape my eyes. Fluttershy looked up at me and whimpered again only to bury her head in my chest. I held her there for what seemed like forever till Fluttershy broke the silence.

"What happened to our world?" She asked with tears still flooding her eyes. I looked around the area and began to tear up as well. All around me is death and chaos... no harmony in sight. dead bodies of foals who barely begun life and for what... to ensure a dominant race? To make one race be wiped from exsistance? There was no reason for it. Illumi Nite spoke then.

"You want to know what happened? Harmony died kid that's what happened. We thought this day would never come. We thought that we were safe from war and all its nightmarish ways. Then we found out the cold hard truth... No one can escape war's cry... We fell to it's song and everypony paid the price. We are all such foals..." She said with tears in every word. I let what Illumi Nite said sink in for a moment. She was right. We fell to the song of war.

"We need to end this... there has to be a way to stop this..." I said to my friends. they all nodded in agreement. Fluttershy tried to get up but she quickly fell back down. I held her back up and smiled.

"Let me help you Flutter your in pretty bad shape." I said as I smiled. Fluttershy blushed. I have to admit... she is cute when she wants to be. I looked around and frowned. The place we were in was all but destroyed. I looked to Illumi Nite who was already a step ahead of us. She blew a hole in a building and led the way to the other side of the town. When we got there our hearts sank to the floor. A lone filly was crawling across the street helplessly trying to escape something. Then we found out what it was she was attempting to get away from. A pack of timber wolves broke from the forest and were on top of her before we could do anything. They began to rip her wings off and they tore a gash in her stomach ripping her insides out killing her instantly. I fell to my knees and cried as did Fluttershy. The only one not crying was Illumi Nite. She just stood there watching the wolves feast on the filly then she collapsed to the ground crying.

"Why..." She said through tears that now stained the ground. I walked over to her to comfort her and she threw me to the ground, her eyes glew a deep red in color. I was terrified. She advanced for me only to be stopped by Flutter.

"Illumi Nite please don't!!! he didn't hurt anyone!!!" Fluttershy said only to be thrown back by a hoof to the face.

"Don't touch me...." Illumi Nite said coldly. I got up and ran for Flutter who was now unconscious and bleeding out of her nose. I lost it. I charged Illumi Nite with blood in my mind. I tackled her to the ground.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I yelled to no avail as she just looked at me and glared.

"Why? cause I am tired of seeing this!!! and I am tired of ponies telling me its going to be okay!!! look around you Storm!!! how is this okay? you tell me how any of this is okay?" She said as tear fell from her eyes. I looked around and saw the carnage and the death. Memories of before raced through my head. Memories of happy little fillies and colts going to school and ponies just living their lives. Then I remembered the bombs and the death surrounding me. None of it was okay and Illumi Nite knew that. I swallowed hard to fight the tears only to release them.

"It's not okay.... it's just.... not okay but we can fix this... I-" Before I could finish I was cut off by Illumi Nite.

"OH SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT SAVING THIS PLACE STORM!!!! LOOK AROUND HERE HOW CAN WE SAVE THIS!!!!" She yelled. I froze but spoke up.

"We need to try Illumi Nite... We need to try..." I said calmly. That did it she wrapped her hooves around me and cried. I held her closer as she let her emotions go. Losing her daughter killed her on the inside, and to top it off the war took yet another toll on her. Flutter woke up not long after and helped me calm her down.

"I am so sorry Flutter please forgive-" Fluttershy put a hoof over her mouth.

"You already have been forgiven." She said. Illumi Nite smiled and hugged Fluttershy. Before we could get up though we heard a familiar voice. It was Celestia only... more sinister sounding.

"Heheheh well well well what do we have here?" She said mockingly. I froze in place.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled at the former sun goddess. Celestia Cackled with pleasure. She met me with a piercing gaze.

"I have come to finish this war.... All of you shall die for this sin of war!!!!" She yelled. Then right then I knew we were doomed.

Celestia has come to kill us all.

Author's Note:

A note to those who have read my story and disliked it. I understand that you have your own opinion on things like this but I must ask you to give a reason for your dislike so I can fix the mistake. I hate knowing my material is being viewed and disliked without a proper reason why. Please give me incite on what to do to fix my stories up please. Favs are welcomed. please stick with the story. final chapter coming soon