• Published 30th May 2013
  • 385 Views, 3 Comments

A STAR story - TheBlueRaven



The Elements of Harmony are teleported to Earth. Join them on their adventure along with 6 best friends and their siblings.

  • ...
 3
 385

Prologue


It was a cold, moonless night and two figures were running through a dense forest. A strong wind blew on them and brought forth the smell of fire, ash and gunpowder. The sound of hounds could be heard from behind them. They just kept running until they came to a river. They stopped to catch their breath, or at least one of them did. The other simple stood there, motionless. Her face lacked emotion, even after their long run through the forest. The sound of the hounds got closer, and the girl got into a defensive stance. Her brother knew better than to fight the men behind the dogs.

"Come on" he said, pulling on her hand. They ran until they saw light through the trees. The boy grew excited while his sister remained in her emotionless state. They reached the light only to be disappointed. They had come back to the place from which they were trying to run away from. They had run in a circle. The boy became very afraid and worried while the girl started to become angry.

"We've come back. Why? I thought you wanted to run away from them." the girl asked.

"I did, but we must have lost our way in the forest..."he said.

"No." she said, realization on her face. "We were led here. Those dogs. They chased us here." she said.

"But-" he started to say, but was cut off when men surrounded them. The siblings stood back to back, in defensive positions.

"Please, do not fight us. We only wish to take you back to where you belong" a man said.

"We've never belonged here" the boy said.

"But you have lived here your whole lives" the man said.

"No, we'll never go back." the boy said.

"Fine, then I have no choice. It seems like I have to take you back by force. Men, get them." The men attacked the siblings, but were easily defeated. They were no match for the brother and sister.

"Come on. Let’s go while we have the chance." the boy said. He then ran into the forest. The girl started to follow but was stopped when the man spoke to her.

"Now are you really going to leave this place? Your home and family? This is all you've ever known. Are you really going to blindly follow your brother into an unknown world? Come back with me, and we can continue your training." the man said while holding out his hand to the girl. She was tempted. This was all she knew. She reached out to his hand but then came back. She remembered what she had seen, and what her bother had told her about their 'family business'.

"No" she said, "I will never go back with you" and with that she ran back into the forest after her brother. They ran through the forest again but this time they came across a battlefield.

There was fighting, gun shots, and buildings on fire. The girl caught up to her brother and together they ran into the battle. They dodged people, weaved through the fighting but then the girl was tackled by an enemy. He lashed and punched at her but she defeated him easily. The brother and sister tried to run again but they were soon surrounded.

They fought the enemies. They used the fighting techniques that they were taught for so long. Their effort was not enough though. The brother was taken down shortly after the fight had begun. The girl kept fighting for she was trained better than her older brother. She took down most of the men with incredible fighting ability and the men were becoming afraid. They had heard stories about this girl. How she was almost unbeatable and how she was trained just to fight and nothing else.

One of the men did not give up for he was not afraid of this girl. He continued to strike at her and she dodged blow after blow. He did this until he finally hit her. She was hit on the shoulder and knocked back a few feet. The blow did not stun her, in fact it barely hurt her. Now it was her turn to strike back.

She caught him by surprise when he tried to punch her and she caught his fist. She held onto his fist and threw him over her shoulder. He landed on the ground with a thud. He was unconscious.

She walked over to her brother and helped him get up. They walked over to a bench so he could sit down and recover. As she started to walk away her brother asked, “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to go protect people.” She replied. She walked out into the battle. She fought people who were once the people she worked with. Now they were her enemies. She took down five guys and helped the innocent people who were getting attacked escape. She continued this until she had taken down twenty enemies and helped twice that escape.

But her luck would not last. Someone pointed a gun at her and pulled the trigger. As soon as the bullet left the gun, time seemed to slow down and right before the bullet hit her everything faded.

Raven woke up screaming. She was sweating and her breathing was quick. Her heart was pounding so hard in her chest. She started to rub the scar on her right side of her body, next to her diaphragm.

River, her cousin, woke up and walked to her bedside tried to comfort Raven. Not long after, Raven’s brother, Kal walked in too.

“Raven are you ok?” Kal asked.

“Y-Yeah I’m fine. I just had a nightmare” Raven said. River noticed that Raven was rubbing her scar.

“Was it that nightmare?” River asked.

“Yes, it was. It was the nightmare of our past. It was the time when we escaped.” Raven said, “Why do I keep having this nightmare? What’s going on?

“I don’t know. I wish I did so we could help you. Maybe help prevent it from coming back so often.” Kal said.

“Yeah well, I’m going to see if I can get more sleep. You two better do the same. Sorry for waking you guys, again” Raven said.

“Yeah, you better be sorry” River said jokingly. They all share a small laugh.

“But its ok, we know you don’t mean to.”

“Yeah, but I still just feel bad.” Raven said.

“Ok, well let’s just try and get a little bit more sleep. See you two in a couple hours.” Kal said.

“Ok, bye” River went back to her bed and Kal left. Raven laid back down and tried to fall back asleep. She was having this nightmare at least once a week and it was always the same one. The one where she’s running, then has to fight people and then someone shoots her. And right before the bullet hits her she wakes up, screaming and freaking out.

She felt so bad every time she would have the dream for multiple reasons. The first reason was that this nightmare was just any random nightmare, it was a memory from her past. The second reason was that every time she would wake up, she was always screaming and this would wake River and Kal.

“Well, I hope we figure this stupid dream out soon” she whispered to herself. After about five more minutes she fell asleep. She had another dream, but this dream was more positive. The dream was about one of her favorite shows. That show was My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic.

Author's Note:

This is my first story and I'll admit I'm not the best at writing. Let me know how you like or didn't like the story and tell me if i should fix anything.

-RT