• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 6,261 Views, 354 Comments

The Watchful Eye - Mr Anomalous



A blur in the darkness--revered by some, loathed by others--and one that seems to have taken Ponyville into its excessive and unnecessary protection . . . and no one can figure who, what, where, when, why, or how.

  • ...
35
 354
 6,261

Interregnum: Of Dreams & Visions

Interregnum:

Of Dreams & Visions

Again, Rainbow Dash found herself asleep in the grasp of her mate, Tempest, and again dreaming. As her subconscious replayed the tragic events of many years past. Rainbow's front-and-center consciousness grit her teeth, preparing for that horrible moment, the moment when her son would be torn from her grasp and thrown down upon the ground. But it never happened. Suddenly, the nightmare cut itself off and Rainbow found herself in the middle of a vast, green field. Surprised, shocked even, Rainbow examined where she found herself. To her front-right, several meters away, was a shallow hill, upon which was a single, green tree.

Rainbow looked up and gaped. The sky was blue, day, but three massive celestial bodies, all of them more different than the last, stood strong and monolithic and beautiful in the sky.

An odd whoosing noise brought Rainbow's attention back to ground level, and she startled. There . . . that creature. The tall beast stood, twenty some-odd feet away, and he was surrounded by an odd aura. A halo of bright light, mixed with tendrils of darkness that wagged about him like tongues of flame.

He began to approach Rainbow with determined, striding steps, the grass parting for him. Despite the creature's oddity, Rainbow didn't feel the need to flee, but rather she was content, comfortable.

The creature stopped abruptly, almost too close for comfort, and his head jolted down toward the Pegasus. Rainbow, in return, looked up and smiled.

The creature cocked its head to the right. Suddenly, with a showman's flourish, the alien raised its hands and a blue mist sprung from both of them. Then, slowly, among the blue, a small bundle faded into existence. Rainbow's eyes became wider, and wider, and soon tears swam among them. Her son . . . .

And then she was awake.