• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 302 Views, 10 Comments

War of Origins. - MegaMonsterPony



The original creators of the universe return to take their rightful place as rulers of this land.

  • ...
 10
 302

The forging of a hero.

I woke up the next morning, my mind still reeling from the day before, was it all a dream? I got up and mixed a screwdriver. I then quickly got dressed and pulled on my jacket stepping into the cool morning air, the sun was just poking up above the horizon. I shouldered past another group of undesirables on my way to the cave. Once I got to the cave I felt happier, as if all the anger in the world that had seeped into me and built up had vanished into thin air. I strolled, carefree, into the depths of the cave, where my new friends should be waiting for me. I stepped into the cavern and noticed something was off, the space seemed wider. If it wasn't for the torches in the corner I wouldn't have been able to see the other end of the room. Firefall was laying lazily in the hole where the ice had once been. Gary was sitting atop the chests which now overflowed with smelled ingots and unsmelted ores.
" hello kain, did you sleep well? We also have a surprise for you." Gary said standing up, firefall still slept in the corner, so still he looked dead.
"Slept fine, probably not better than him though. What's the surprise?" I gestured to the big red dragon before I asked my question.
"He was up mining all night, he got all of these ores as a thank you for freeing us from our prison. We also heard you wanted to practice smithing and forgery." He said stepping away from the chest which were nearly overflowing.
"How did you know I was wanting to start smithing?" I asked almost astonished at the fact that he knew that I wanted to Smith things, although I wonder if he knew what I wanted to smith.
"Well we also have something to confess. We have a plan, to take back what is rightfully ours, the crowns." Firefall spoke frome his little Cove along the back wall slowly getting up to his feet. This shocked me at first, it was no doubt in my mind that I had to help, two of the four origins were standing in front of me, asking me for help to take back their thrones.
"What do you need me to do? " I asked stepping forward to stand before them.
"We need weapons and armor, celestias army is going to put up one he'll of a fight. And make a set for yourself, we want you in battle with us, you being the only one we can trust right now." Gary said placing his hand upon my shoulder. I stepped around them and took up my hammer and took some of the blood iron to start on a chest plate.

Many miles away in a desolate cave...

The ice around icywind began to melt quickly although as he stood he was weak. About three miles of stone and hard rock stood between him and the surface, grueling as it would be he knew he would have to do it. The only reason he would have awoken would be if the ice around his brethren had been broken or had melted.
"This is wrong." He stuttered to himself as he began to smash the rock above his head.

In the ever free forest...

"Evil is stirring my young ones, and once it breaks out we shall attack!" Queen Chrysalis shouted to her hungry changelings, they growled and shouted back, frothing at the mouths over the thought of fresh blood.
"Go! Spread out and be prepared, feast on small animals and lone stray ponies! Prepare yourselves!" She shouted before her hungry army dispersed through the woods into the grasslands outside ponyville.

In the caves, hours later...

"Gary! Firefall!" I'm shouted, almost collapsing to the ground as I moved the final price of armor, laying them out across the ground, a full suit of armor and a single weapon with each set. Firefall slithered back down into the cave, blood dripping from his lips, obviously from eating small animals, Gary followed, a chunk of rabbit in his right hand.
"These are the most beautiful armor sets I've seen, better than out old worn out ancient pairs." Gary said tossing the rabbit meat at me, I had to fight basic instincts to keep from going crazy and tearing into the meat.
"Eat it brogher, you will need your strength for what happens next." Firefall stated as he shrugged on his armor, admiring each piece. Both of them pulled weapons out of thin air, Garys was a golden sword about a foot and a half long, firefalls was a scythe, with a four foot handle and a one foot red tinted blade. Both weapons looked transparent and had smoke, colored the same as the weapons themselves slowly drifting off from the blades.
"As a reward for your bravery and loyalty to us we are going to make you as powerful as we are." Gary spoke sheathing both weapons and removing his metallic gloves. Firefall did the same.
"This will be painful but it will be worth it in the end." Gary spoke before the both grabbed ahold of me. I felt instant power surge through me but it did not Hurt like they had said it would. It felt great, as if my molecules were rearranging themselves as I stood there. Then the pain began, it was excruciating, two large spots of pain through my back. It felt as though my skin was being torn apart, as a massive force was pushing out through my back. I stood with standing the pain for what felt like forever, then the edges of my vision began to blur. I blinked them away for as long as possible, which wasn't much longer, until the darkness overtook my vision fully leaving me blacked out in their grasp.

Author's Note:

I can't remember if this was previously mentioned but he Is a unicorn.