• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 301 Views, 10 Comments

War of Origins. - MegaMonsterPony



The original creators of the universe return to take their rightful place as rulers of this land.

  • ...
 10
 301

Kain Shonus and the Cave of Ice

"So you're positive that the cave is this way?" I asked rainbow dash as I walked, and she flew, in the direction she was telling me.
"Yes! I am absolutely positive that its this way!" She sighed as I walked on.
"If it's not I am going to literally kill you for sending me on a wild goose chase." I said as she slowed down.
"All right, All right. whatever. I gotta go though, I am supposed to be meeting this stallion for lunch at noon." She said checking her phone before waving goodbye. I waved back and she sped back towards town leaving me out on the deserted road that was heavily worn down. I continued along the road my head in the clouds, metaphorically. I may be the tallest unicorn in Ponyville but I still only stand six and a half feet tall. As I walked along my head swam through information about where I was from, Kaikrussia. I knew only a few things and they were kind of important. First of all I would never get one of those marks that everyone had on their arms, My ancestors ate nothing but meat so I have to Be very careful around small woodland creatures because my urges might kick in, ludesma is my greatest enemy, and that the absolute greatest blacksmiths from all over the world are from Kaikrussia. I know these things because I had been borrowing a lot of books about my countries history. I was born only eighteen and a half years ago, My parents moved me here when I was five, and I didn't start taking interest in my history until last year. As I was off in la-la land I nearly missed the entrance to the cave.
"Why hello there." I said to no one in particular as I retrieved my flashlight from my Backpack. I moved the long stringy vines out of my way and stepped in through the cobwebs, carefully avoiding the rocks that were stacked up. They looked as if the slightest gust of wind would send them crashing down the gentle decline of the cave. I moved past them and turned my flashlight on illuminating a five foot radius. The air quickly chilled and I hadn't brought a jacket so I had to just continue through the cold air. As I trudged through the dark, cold, and moist cave, a cold wind blew past my ear and sounded as if it was murmuring something.
" Hello ? Is someone down here? " I called out as I reached for the knife strapped to my leg. After holding still for a few minutes I began to move deeper into the cave again. After traveling for twenty more minutes I could see a source of light down a long tunnel, so i began to run because i wanted to see what was creating all of the light. The long, dark tunnel opened into a room that was so large I could not so the edges from the opening of the tunnel. The room was illuminated from a large pit in the middle of the room which must have been filled with lava. I silently crept through the darkness until I was a few feet away, then I dropped to a crawling position so that i wouldn't accidentally trip and fall into the boiling lava.
" This is absolutely amazing " I crawled around the lava pit using it as a light source so I wouldn't have to waste the little bit of batteries I had left. As I crawled away from the pit I stood, and turned on my flashlight. The beam rushed out and bounced off something metallic in the wall, casting a bright glow throughout the entire cavern, revealing a large patch of ice.
" what the...?" I quickly grabbed my book of caves and ores by rinon hinok, and loudly fumbled through the pages. After a few minutes of searching and finding nothing I noticed something in the chapter entitled cave dangers.
" Unbreakable Ice Patches: sealed by royals to hide something or seal off passages to treacherous to cross" I read aloud as if someone was in the room with me. My decision to read aloud was completely involuntary, like someone was forcing me to read aloud so they could hear the passage too. I quickly pointed the flashlight at the crystal so the whole room would be illuminated and checked to see if somepony else was in the room.
" The only way to break the hexical spell was with the hottest substance the earth could create or the royal who sealed off the door." Again something had forced me to read it aloud. After a moment of long contemplation I decided this large opening would be the best place to set up a base camp. Throughout the rest of the day I made many trips through the cave bringing alot of supplies down to set up a decent base. I had torches on the walls and about six or seven containers labeled with ores I had seen and hope to find. With my black steel cauldron and my Iron anvil sitting ten feet away from the lava pit I began making the final climb out of the cave for the night, excited to practice the next day.