• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 1,257 Views, 92 Comments

Pup: The Kind and Hated - brony laughsatme



A wolf pup, cast out by his own kind, because he can't eat meat, is forced to live on his own he comes to ponyville and is shown friendship, love, and kindness like he never knew. His new family loves him as if he where their own and him the sam

  • ...
10
 92
 1,257

Roommates

Chapter 9

'I fucking hate hospitals,' I thought to myself. I was very bored. It had been at least five hours after the incident with the two ponies and I really wanted to get out of that damn place.

I heard the sound of hooves, clopping down the hallway. The door opened a few seconds later. The brown doctor from before was the one behind it. "Pup, how are you doing?" He asked politely.

"Bored. As. Shit," I answered flatly.

"Well we brought you a new roommate. Maybe she'll play a nice quiet card game with you or something," the doctor offered. he gave a small smile to go along with it too.

"What the fuck are cards? They sound boring." I said with a lighter tone. I was more excited now that I knew I was getting a roommate.

The doctors face fell from an offering smile to a much more annoyed frown. "Pup, I know you can't help how you were raised but please try to watch your tongue and try to purge the 'F' word from your vocabulary, will you?" The doctor asked politely, but with a tone of annoyance hidden in there.

I frowned at him. "Fine," I replied playing with my black hair.

"Thank you, and I don't have enough time to explain what cards are so maybe you guys should just talk."

"Okay," I sat up in my bed, wagging my tail in interest. 'Finally, something I can entertain myself with,' I thought. The nurse soon came in with an orange filly with a violet mane. She was roughly my size, maybe a bit bigger.

She looked at me from the wheelchair the nurse was pushing her in. Though after glancing in my direction she quickly turned her gaze to the ground.

I noticed a blush and the look of embarrassment and surprise plastered on her face.

The doctor and nurse helped her on the bed and then left us alone. I looked over to the door as it closed and latched, causing a light clicking sound.

After we were alone I turned back towards her. She was staring intently at me.

"Sup, I'm Pup, what's your name."

"I know your name, I'm Scootaloo," she said excitedly. She had a crackly voice, it was cute though.

"Um why are you acting so excited?" I asked.

She was really starting to freak me out. The way she smiled at me was like she worshiped me or something.

"Oh uh, sorry," she said, giggling awkwardly. "It's just not everyday some-pony comes along and save some-pony else from making the stupidest decision they've ever made in their life," she said matter-of-factly.

"Um what?" I asked. I was dumbfounded by her ability to say that in a single breath. I was more confused on the matter of the saving part.

"What don't you remember?"

"Sorry but, no. Ya see I kinda hit my head and lost my memory. So forgive me if I don't understand what your talking about."

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

An awkward silence fell upon the room and we both found everyplace else but each others gaze more interesting. I soon got bored of that though.

"Soooo... Scoots... You wanna tell me what I did to save you?" I asked her.

Her ears fell back against her head and she blushed embarrassed again. "Oh uh, I kinda don't like talking about it."

"Come on, I won't bite," I pressed the matter.

"It really sounds dumb when you talk about it," she tried to dismiss it.

This matter was not going to be dropped just like that. She had made my curiosity burst into flames by now because she was so reluctant to say what I should remember any how.

"Please?" I asked, flashing her the most innocent smile I could without showing my sharp teeth.

"No," she said sternly.

I got up from the hospital bed and jumped off. I gracefully landed on all four paws. I walked all the way to her hospital bed and hopped up on it. I started whining and gave my best puppy dog pouty face. I started to whine and make soft noises.

5 minutes later

"So, you didn't have to punch me, Scoots."

"I warned you, didn't I. Plus you bit my butt," Scootaloo said matter-of-factly to me.

I was laying on the floor with both paws holding my freshly bruised cheek.

"It was a nip, it was your thigh muscle, and it was to get you to tell me," I corrected.

"Well it hurt."

"Oh you pussy, you'll be fine. It didn't even leave a mark."

"Or you're one to talk. "ow my cheek why'd you hit me" you my friend are the pussy, not me."

My jaw hung open at the filly's comeback. Talk about a burn.

"Ha you're speechless."

"Am not."

Just like some-pony flipped a switch, the argument stopped and was replaced with an awkward silence. The moment was complete with me and Scootaloo glaring daggers at each other.

A few more seconds later, we broke out laughing at the shear stupidity of the argument that we just had.

We were both hysterical and rolling around in a fit of laughter. But then the door opened and the doctor came in.

"Well I see you two are getting along nicely. But it's time to eat."

Suddenly two nurses came through the door brandishing two large metal things. With a nice smelling food on it.

"Dude, you couldn't have come at a better time. I'm starving," I said, getting up and strolling over to my bed.

The nurse pulled a table thing over and set a tray with various food items on it.

The one thing I didn't see was meat. 'ha, finally a good meal for once in my life,' I thought to myself. If I did have something other than meat I really couldn't remember it. I waited till the nurses and doctor left. After the door was shut I sloppily gulfed down my food. It tasted really good.

I don't think Scootaloo was too amused with me cause she was in her bed looking over with a completely disgusted look.

"Waa dis is gud," I said through a mouthful of the green hospital food.

"That stuff is gross, the jello is where its at," she said matter-of-factly.

I looked down at my tray. Sure enough I missed two things on my tray. One was a red colored thing in a cup and the other was a banana.

I sniffed at the red jiggly stuff. "Nope, I don't like it," I said crossing my arms. "You want it?" I asked the violet maned filly.

"Eh, sure," she answered coolly.

She hopped out of her bed and trotted over to my bedside. I handed to jello down and she grabbed it in her mouth. She trotted back over to her side of the room.

She looked up at the bed and put the jello cup down on the floor and looked back at me.

"Um...can you help me get up?" Scootaloo asked, blushing with embarrassment.

"Why can't you just fly?" I asked, gesturing to her wings.

The orange filly looked down in shame, "I can't," she said.

"Oh...well then sure, I'll help," I said cheerfully, as I jumped down off my bed.

I walked over to her and thought for a second, 'okay, I could let her stand on my back, get up there and pull her up, or I could just throw her up.'

I figured the first choice would probably work best. The second choice had a good chance of popping a stitch, while the other choice had a higher risk of Scootaloo hitting me again and the doctor being mad at me.

I kneeled down to my stomach. "Hop on," I said.

She grabbed the jello cup in her maw and set a hoof on my back. Soon after the first hoof was on the second one follow then the third and last wad the fourth.

After I confirmed she was ready, I stood to my full height. It wasn't very hard considering Pegasi were usually light and Scootaloo was just a filly after all.

As I stood to my full height she jumped off my back and onto the bed. It was a very low jump, but I guess wolves can jump higher than ponies cause she barely made it.

After she was safe and sound on her bed, I hopped up there with her.

"So you wanna tell me how you got here?" I asked, sitting at the opposite side of the bed.

"Maybe later, Pup. How'd you end up here?"

"We'll the doctor said I broke a mirror and fell down the stairs. I lost long or short term memory, or what ever term they said it was. And a giant glass sharp impaled my paw."

"Ouch, that had to hurt," Scootaloo said.

"Na can't remember much of the pain anyway. The headaches now though are a whole different story."

"I bet. Hey I'm getting out tomorrow, can't complain here," she said, smiling teasingly at me.

"Awe no fair, I have to wait till the day after tomorrow to get out of this boring place," I pouted.

"Yeah... Hey, wait?! What I'd me and my friends come and visit you?" Scootaloo suggested. I loved the way her voice crack makes her voice go high and then back to the tomboyish tone she usually spoke with.

I put my paw to my chin in thought. "Meh, what the hell. Not like I'm gonna shit out something fun to do anyways," I agreed with her.

"Hey, when ya get out maybe we can hang out too."

"Sounds like a deal, Scoots," I agreed.

The door opened. I fully expected the doctor and nurses to be standing there. They were there but there was another pony there.

This pony was smaller than me and scoots. She had holes in her hoofs and fangs jutting out of her mouth.

She froze when she saw me, but quickly turn the horrified glare into a mean scowl. After the nurses picked up Scootaloo's tray and then mine, they walked out.

They came back in to ask if the small filly needed help getting up on the bed she shook her head and flapped a pair of bug like wing. They created a sort of buzzing sound, like a giant bumble bee.

--------------------------------

Syphony's POV

I was at the pony hospital. Nothing serious I was just have going to a diet changing operation.

My parents had it when they moved to Ponyville. It's a magical operation that changes lets say a changeling's love diet into a herbivore, omnivore, piscavore, etc... In this case they made me a herbivore. My parents said we couldn't have love if I wanted to be like a regular pony.

But there is a news flash for those idiots, and that is we aren't ponies.

Anyhow the doctor was escorting me to my room. I was supposed to be here to recover for the rest of the day and I was supposed to stay here till the day after tomorrow.

The doctor was trying to be nice and make conversation, but I wasn't listening to him. He wasn't talking about anything interesting anyway.

We stopped at a door and he opened it. The nurses that had been following us down the seemingly endless hallway, went in first.

I looked around the room one bed was made, the other was messed up. Now I was horrified what was on the last bed.

The third bed held a certain wolf puppy and a young filly I recognized as one of twilight's friends. Scootaloo I think her name was.

I was horrified at having to spend the night here let alone two whole days.

I quickly hid my look of horror, and masked it with a mean look.

There is two reasons why I didn't like the mutt. The first reason being I hate being awoken from naps because of an over-sized dog yelping because a sweet little kitten scratched his back. The second being that I don't like being called names I don't know the meaning of. I just laughed at him trying to I sly me and decked him in the face.

I walked over to the freshly made bed and flew into it after ensuring the doctor I didn't need any help getting on it.

'I don't even know why they made the beds here so big that a young pony foal would need help getting on it,' I criticized in my head.

I could tell this was gonna be a long hospital visit....

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long. Remember to leave comments!!

Love you all,
Brony Laughsatme ;-/)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by LunarWorshipper1