• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,114 Views, 28 Comments

Maybe it... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 25 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. As he must use it to save the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 28
 1,114

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Your eyes are closed but you hear the voice from earlier around you, which slowly brings you out of your daze. You listen to the voice for a moment the feminine voice changes into two...one a young kid’s voice and the others you can now tell is Rarity's. The floor you lay on starts to become real beneath you as your eyelids start to slowly crack open, you feel your head resting on some kind of cushion but the rest of your body still sits on the hardwood floor of the library. Where you dropped yesterday, only you’re on your back now.

Your eyes are now half open and you blankly stare up at the two voices standing close to where you lay.

"...Telling him to wake up will not make him wake up faster darling."

With a shift of you're still half closed eyes you stop looking at the white mare and move your eyes to the purple dragon who is crazily running his tail. He nods his head to Rarity and as he swings his head down he catches your gaze, "Rarity! He’s up."

The white mare to your left quickly brings her head down to you as she talks in a low voice, "Oh, my are you ok?! You must have taken a nasty fall down the stairs."

You stare at the mare with a slow mind, your mind is holding the thoughts onto why you're laying on the ground but you can’t bring your voice out or bring yourself up from the ground. You silently stare up at them as Rarity brings her head closer to you with a more concerned look.

"Oh my, don-don't move ok."

She turns her blue eyes to Spike who now is wide eyed and staring at you, "Spike, go bring me another towel, quick."

As you listen to her words your mind frees up a thought and you're rushed with a tingling sensation on your muzzle. But this is not the only thing that comes with it, you are overcome with a sudden warm sensation trickling down your throat. A sudden urge comes over the warm feeling rushes down your throat and you jerk yourself up with a cough.

Bad move, your mind has been hiding something from you that now comes front and center into your mind.

Rarity backs up from you with a gasp as you cough up blood from the back of your throat, each uncontrollable cough brings a shock wave of pain through your whole body and then resonates in a thumping pain at the back of your head where two hoof print welts sit.

Your eyes tear up and your breaths come in fast and rapid sensations as you cough the blood up almost at the same speed of it running out of your nose onto your already slightly blood dried coat.

Through the pain and watery eyes you stare at the dried blood and think, how long was I out, and why am I bleeding!

Spikes clawed feet clang against the floor as he returns into the room with a damp white towel.

Rarity floors the towel over to your face as she tries to hold herself from gagging, "Um, here you go."

You try to bring your front hooves up to the towel but as you do this you move your head which sends another shock wave through you and you shiver in your upright position with a loud yell of pain.

Rarity wipes the towel over your nose as you stiffen from the yell.

The cool dampness does nothing but turn the towel into a now bloodied rag, "Oh please just take the towel it’s so disgusting!"

You manage to get a hoof up to the towel and you hold it in place as you look up to Rarity who is holding her hoof up to her mouth, "oh, Spike just go and get Twilight."

Spike nods his head as he runs up the stairs.

Your mind is still not fully aware of your surroundings but as you woozily look up at Rarity you wonder why she just didn't do that in the first place...that thought is put aside as you again remember what you still cannot call out, you grind your teeth as you try to regain control of the hoof that holds the towel you just moved in hopes that you can help get yourself up.

Rarity still holds her hoof up to her mouth as she tries to look away from you and talk, "Did you fall off the stairs? Because me and Spike found you face first on the ground."

You shift as you hold the rag up to your now coagulating nose, you still can’t answer her as you continue to push yourself up a little, the idea of not being able to explain what happen is only fueling the thoughts of you not being able to keep Twilight and Violet safe..

"Um, Twilight is not upstairs...Violet is not either?"

Rarity looks past you towards Spikes voice as she cocks her head, "What was that?"

You look to the still open door behind Rarity, the outside is dark and moon lit... Your eyes are heavy and your mind is still filled with the painful thought as you stare outside with a growing need to run out the door. You push the thought to the back of your mind as you try to calm your thoughts to help you talk.

As you stare outside the doorway becomes blocked by a cyan and rainbow flash of color.

"Twilight!"

Your eyes widen as you watch the cyan Pegasus dart into the room toward Rarity, Her voice is a high pitched rushed tomboyish call, "Where’s Twilight! We have a big prob...-"

Everyone's voice in the room goes dull as your mind kicks up with a burst of adrenaline that over takes your body and your pain as you quickly bring yourself up and into a charge towards the cyan pony finally able to talk and move, "RAINBOW!"

She only has a second to turn her head before you and her are brought down to the ground, you place your top hooves over hers and pin her to the ground as you feel your frustration and pain come to fruition at your mouth’s hot yelling breath, "Where are they!"

Rainbow's caught off guard moment doesn't last long as she turns the table on your weak body and turns your takedown against yourself. The moment challenges your strength you buckle and collapse onto her, not even a breath later she has flipped you over bring your head bouncing off the ground.
Her voice is sharp and high almost as high as her wings that stand from end to end, "What the buck are you talking about!"

You shake at the pain that rings your ears from the contact with the hard floor. The tingling sensation comes back to your nose but at your current posture the drainage soaks back to your throat. You're unable to roll over due to Rainbows pin so give futile coughs on the ground.

Rarity presses her hoof onto Rainbows cyan coat as she tries to move her, "Rainbow gets off."

Rainbow's determined and confused face turns a concerned then saddened face as she watched your eyes water up, she quickly brings herself off you. Right as you feel your body become yours again you roll over onto your side and give a few good watery cough.

You stare at the ground as you try to close your eyes to calm your pounding head.

"What happened to you?" The normal tomboyish voice of Rainbow is now a girlish high pitched almost squall.

You try to talk through your sobbing as you roll yourself onto your stomach and try to push yourself up, "Twilight,...bug thing....need...go...them....must." The fact of your words not making sense doesn't deter you from what you must do. You continue to bring yourself to your hooves as Spike chimes in with a deepening voice of concern.

"What do you mean? Where’s Twilight?"

Rarity, Rainbow and Spike start a chorus of questions as you slowly bring yourself to fully stand up. Your head is pounding and your mind can't focus on everypony's questions, "Changeling."

Rarity takes a big gasp as she starts to talking Pinkie pie, "Changeling!W-what doyoumean Changeling?! T-they never come into Ponyville?---"

Her voice is dwarfed by Rainbow's as the cyan mare takes herself up into the air with a loud exclamation, "That’s why I came here I saw a few Changeling around Luna Cave when I was flying back from the weather meet!"

Spike pulls on his tail as he still stands on the staircase, his voice is fast and crackly as he talks, "Are they ok?"

Before anyone else can talk you weakly callout to Rainbow, "which way?"

Rarity puts her hoof to you as she talks in her crazed high pitched girlish yell, "Are you crazy!? Y-you cannot just go by yourself to fight changl..-"

"Then let’s go! What are we waiting for?! Twilight needs us!" Rainbow shakes Rarity as she hovers in the air next to her.

"Of course we're going but you need to rest." Rarity presses her hoof into your coat a little more firmly.

You look down at her white hoof pressed into her before you bring your head up to her with a fiery determination in your eyes, "I have to go Rarity...it’s my fault they're in trouble..." You feel your body growing hot as you speak your last few words, “...and nothing is going to keep me from them...”

She blinks at you speechless for a moment before she takes her hoof from you, "then let’s get everypony ."

You make your way past her as you get outside into the cold moonlit night, "You do that...We can’t waste time."

Rarity tries to grab at you with her hoof but you're already out of her reach, "Wait, you cannot go alone."

Rainbow quickly darts next to you as she puts her hoof on you, "You don't even know the way."

You suck your nose back as you continue down the path with a little stumble, "I'm not waiting, go get help with Rarity."

Rainbow turns back to Rarity as she keeps her pace with you, "Rarity you and Spike meet us there ok?!"

You don't turn around as you focus on the path in front of you. You still feel woozy but your pained head is pushing through it with each step you take.

End of chapter 2