• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 1,910 Views, 64 Comments

Phillymetal Alchemist - Squibdude98

  • ...
12
 64
 1,910

CHAPTER 5: The Old Friend

"MR EDWARD ELRIC." said the crying stallion"I HEARD YOUR STORY AND I COULDN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN." he said as he was quickly embraced in a lung crushing hug.

"I mist you to Lieutenant Armstrong." said Ed still in mid constriction"When did you get here anyway."

"THE SAME TIME AS YOU DID, WE ARMSTRONGS HAVE ALWAYS SHOWED UP IN A TIMELY FASHION." he said flexing his muscles. "I have already met the princess as well.". Ed looked at the princess who was still recovering from her hug to.

"Who found you?" asked Twilight

"Some old pony named Granny Smith, she seemed a lot like Granny from our world. just less cranky."

"Were there any lights over you"

"What lights." asked Ed & Al

"Well when you came to ponyville there were 4 white lights and 3 dark lights in a strange orb before you woke up."

"What could they mean?" asked Al

"We'll have to look into this more my student." said Celestia.

They walked back to the castle, fans of Ed and Al watched as they entered begging to see them. One got close, but was stopped by one of the guards who pushed her into the crowd. "You can stop that now before I use lethal force." said the muscular guard. Ed felt bad about the tough security, but knew it had to be done. The memories from the train station still haunted his head.

"I'm gonna go to my chambers, please ask one of the guards if you need my help." said Celestia. She walked down the hall and up to the tallest tower in the castle. Ed thought it was safe to ask Twi a few questions.

"So what does Celestia do anyway? people think of her like she's there god or something."

"Well she is, she raises the sun everyday and lowers it at night. Luna does the same for the night."

"Well thats impressive." Said Al as he walked into his room.

Ed walked over to his room, but was stopped by Twilight. "You can talk to me if you need anything, you know that right."

"Well, I assumed I could."

"I was told you moaned about someone in your sleep. Somepony named Winry." She said silently. He thought about her with a
worried expresión on his face.

"She is a friend I have from my world.". The words had passed so absent minded that he hadn't thought of Twi's response.

"Is she more than a friend to you? Could she be you marefreind.". He couldn't think of a response to her question, he just kept thinking of that Auto-mail engineer who he knew since childhood. He had feeling for her for a while now. He was going to pay a visit to her after he got his body back. He might not ever see her again, she'll think that father killed him. She'll cry.

"I'm not gonna make her cry." he thought.

"Well by the look on your face it seems she is.". Why couldn't he talk. He wanted to tell her no, but he couldn't lie to her.

"I like her, but she probably doesn't like me.". Great now he was gonna cry, he held back the tears but she could see the pure loneliness. The mark of the man who lost everything and has nothing to lose. Only the slightest light in his eyes, for Al and
Winry. Now one of them could be gone forever.

"Well don't give up hope, she'll be back with you soon. You can talk to me if you need to.".

Author's Note:

Tell me if this is a bit depressing, I was listening to Nightmare by Chameleon Circuit while writing this.