• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 3,054 Views, 33 Comments

Snowflakes in Love - Onyxfire408



Snowdrop was always missing something, sure she inspired all of Cloudsdale to make snowflakes. But what she was really missing is the special snowflake she would treasure forever.

  • ...
0
 33
 3,054

Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Rainbow of Sight

"Welcome Snowdrop, to the world of Color." Sharp announced as Snowdrop look at her hoof, her eyes were tearing from disbelief as Sharp walked over to her with a worried face. "Something wrong, you don't like it?" Snowdrop leaped towards Sharp and she embraced him with all her might. "GAAK Snowdrop... Can't...breath..." Sharp pleaded in a weak tone as the icy mare quickly released her grip.

"Thank you Sharp, I couldn't ask for anything else." Snowdrop said through tears as they showered down rapidly down her cheeks.

"You are very welcome. I may have lost an eye, but at least you're normal." Snowdrop's ears perked up as she backed away from the stallion.

"W-what? Why? You sacrificed one eye for mine?" Snowdrop asked in shock as Sharp started to chuckle.

"Well that's simple, you are a friend of mine, a friend that doesn't feel normal. I felt terrible that you couldn't see the true world, so I decided to help you with that. I gave up my left eye, so that you could see color with both of yours." He said as Snowdrop looked into his left white eye. It was plain white like a sheet of paper, no pupil, no outlines, nothing, just plain white.

"I...I don't know what to say or how to..." Snowdrop was interrupted as she felt the stallion's grey hoof shield her mouth.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything, but only one word." He let go of her mouth as they both blushed deeply into a rose red color. "Snowdrop, would you like to-"

"SNOWDROOOOP!!!!" Both ponies' faced turned to their normal colors as they looked over in the distance to find Snowdrop's mother flying over with swift speed. She landed in front of the two as she quickly ran towards Snowdrop and embraced her daughter with safety. "Oh thank goodness you're okay, I thought-" Primrose paused as she looked into Snowdrop's eyes. They weren't white, they were a deep oceanic blue. "S-Snowdrop, what happened to your eyes."

Snowdrop looked at her mother, she could admire the beautiful colors of her creamed colored coat and her white and pink striped mane. "M-Mother, I never knew your mane was that color." Snowdrop said in surprise as Primrose's face turned to shock. She turned to the partially burned stallion with a look of confusion.

"Sharp, what did you do to my daughter?" Asked Primrose as Sharp chuckled and cracked a small grin across his face.

"Well Ms. Primrose, I gave up the sight in my left eye and gave it's color to your daughter. She is now normal, she can now see color." Sharp announced as Primrose stood still like a statue as her jaw hung down with disbelief. "You see, thanks to myself and Princess Celestia, we did a master degree spell known as Sight Swap." Primrose and Snowdrop both looked at the stallion with confusion. "You see, the spell is suppose to give the sight of a normal pony to any pony with a disabled vision. But the spell requires a sacrifice, so I sacrificed one of my eyes and gave it to both of Snowdrop's eyes." Sharp clarified as Primrose took another look at her daughter and back to the half blind stallion.

"Thats...That's amazing!" Primrose admired as Sharp bowed down.

"Thank you. Now Snowdrop, I will need to go back to my hotel room and rest. This was one of the hardest spells I have done in my life, so it took a lot of my magic and strength away from my body." Sharp informed as he started to limp away from the ponies. C'mon, C'MON, you can make it, just a little father. Just....a...little... After a few feet of weak limps, Sharp could her the strength in his legs fall apart like a building as he fell to the white floor.

"Sharp!" Snowdrop yelled as she hurried over to the unconscious stallion. Celestia and Primrose soon joined her as Snowdrop placed a hoof on Sharp's neck. She could feel a small pulse tap her hoof. "He's still alive, thank goodness." Snowdrop sighed in relief.

"He needs his rest. Can you please take him back to his room Snowdrop?" Asked the sun goddess as the icy mare saluted in loyalty. Sharp's bags were placed on Snowdrop's back as Sharp was later placed on her back as she started to walk towards the cloud city. Snowdrop's mother followed her as they both made their way towards Cloudsdale. Along the road, Snowdrop could feel the soft winds on her neck as Sharp slept peacefully, her cheeks turned pink as the two continued to walk towards the hotel.

"He is cute for you Snowdrop." Primrose said in a giggle as Snowdrop turned scarlet.

"M-Mother, please! He's still sleeping." Snowdrop pleaded as Primrose giggle mischievously.


The two reached Sharp's hotel room as Snowdrop placed Sharp in his bed. He was sleeping peacefully as Snowdrop admired the colors around her. She could see blue, red, white, green, orange, pink, colors at many different shades and textures. Her mouth gaped open as she admired all of the colors. "It's so beautiful."

"Yes, yes it is." Primrose followed as she looked at the clock. "Oh dear, I'm sorry Snowdrop I wish I could stay but I need to tend to the snowdrops. I think you should stay here in case Sharp needs anything." Primrose said as she walked out the door but stopped halfway and looked at her daughter. "Try not to do anything *giggle* funny." Primrose said in a mischievous tone as she left leaving Snowdrop turn red like blood. And then there were two, Snowdrop was all alone with the stallion that she had a crush on. Her eyes averted to his sleeping head.

Ohhhhh..... He's so cute.

I dare you to kiss him, maybe that'll wake him up.

No, i couldn't I-

C'mooooon, this is your last chance to kiss him. And I don't mean on the cheeks.

I-I-I guess it wouldnt be...so...bad...

Snowdrop leaned over to the sleeping stallion as she slowly moved her lips towards the stallion's face. She puckered up her lips as she was mere centimeters from the stallion's firm lips. Her cheeks turned scarlet as she started to sweat down bullets. Her heart pounded like a drum as she breathed in and out of her nose.

As for Sharp his eyes felt weak from their slumber as he started to crack open his good eye. He could see something sky blue like ice, he could feel something on his lips, like they were being pressed upon. He could taste something...strange, it tasted like sweets and happiness combined. He fully shot open his eyes to see that Snowdrop was kissing him...on the lips. His eyes widened as he let Snowdrop's tongue swirl around his. What the hay is going on!?!?!?

A cute girl is kissing you! Don't mess up or I will destroy you!!!

Snowdrop let go of her lips as she pulled back away from Sharp as she could feel bliss all over her face and body. She looked at Sharp and instantly turned scarlet as she could see that he was awake. The two stared at each other with gaped open mouths and widen eyes as the two stayed silent for the entire time.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Umm." Started Snowdrop.

"Wow." Said Sharp as the two both blushed with utter embarrassment.

"Um...sorry. I'll just... leave...now." Said Snowdrop in a sad tone as she slowly started to walk away. She suddenly stopped as a hoof was wrapped around her neck, she could feel herself being pulled into Sharp as he pressed his lips onto Snowdrop's as the two shared a passionate kiss. Snowdrop gave a small 'chirp' in the kiss as she could feel that this kiss is different. Sharp broke the kiss as he stared into Snowdrop's new oceanic sapphire eyes, as for Snowdrop, she stared into Sharp's one red ruby eye as the two stayed like that for minutes.

"I...I always liked you Snowdrop. Like, I 'like like' you." Confessed Sharp.

"I felt the same way Sharp, when I first met you."

"Yea, same here." Sharp said as he let out a yawn like a bear. "Sorry, I'm just really tired." Sharp said in a weak tone as Snowdrop giggled as she approached the half blind stallion a little closer.

"I'm tired too, do you mind if I lay down with you?" Asked Snowdrop in a soft tone as Sharp gave a weak nod. Snowdrop slowly climbed into Sharp's bed as she snuggled herself next to the gray stallion. She let out a relaxing sigh as she snuggled closer to the stallion. "I can't wait for tomorrow." Whispered Snowdrop in a soft tone.

"Why's that?"

"Because that's when we start the seasonal Snow Fall, which is also the start of Hearth's Warming Eve." Reminded Snowdrop in a chiming tone as she creaked a smile with glee.

"Oh yea, and y'know what the best part is?" Asked Sharp as Snowdrop gave a confusing 'hmm'. "It will be our first Snow Fall and Hearth's Warming Eve, together."

"Yeaa....." Snowdrop gave a small soft yawn as she slowly drifted into a deep slumber. As for Sharp, he started to slowly close his eyes as he felt a slight chill. He sprung up to find that his door to his balcony was open

Was that open before? He walked outside to his balcony to find out it was night, he could see Luna's moon as well as it's shadow. The shadow looked like a pony's head as he squinted his eyes to find multiple stars twinkle. They all twinkled in a sort of rhythm, Sharp became confused as he levitated a piece of paper and pencil towards him as he sat on his haunches as he study the stars. I think I remember Celestia saying that Snowdrop could hear the stars. I wonder if-. Sharp close his eyes as he emptied out all of his thoughts. He focused them all to his ears as he concentrated.

tow tp

Sharp could hear something come from the stars. It was the twinkles but as if it was, A message? Maybe, if I-

tow top

Sharp could hear the same thing, but enhancing. He focused his ears again as he awaited the same message to appear.

Sharp, please take care of her. For my sake.

Sharp Spell opened his eyes as he jumped back with cold sweat and a weak air supply. He looked up at the moon as the stars he heard disappeared from the night. He heard a voice coming from the stars, the voice, he had only heard it once during his lifetime. When somepony tried to raise a small revolution against a sibling, when she thought of jealousy coming from her little ponies.

"P-P-Princess...Luna!?" Sharp whispered in surprising shock as he gulped down a pill of fear as he looked at the moon. "P-Princess, y-you have my word. I will protect Snowdrop with my life." Vowed Sharp as he trotted back to his bed, squeezed himself next to the sleeping icy blue mare, and drifted off to sleep.