• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 2,139 Views, 39 Comments

Southern style love - Gentle-Breeze



No pony ever saw this coming. How could they? It all seemed to just appear out of the blue. This is a story of how Applejack finally told Twilight how she felt about her.

  • ...
7
 39
 2,139

Chapter five

Applejack looked up to glare at the cyan Pegasus that was hovering above her. Then she looked back down at the 'picnic', well more like glared back at it. As she looked around at everything it finally hit her. They were sitting in the exact same spot as when she'd first realized that she was in love with the lavender unicorn, and where she'd finally confessed her feelings for Twilight to Rainbow Dash. Even the food in front of them was the same as that she'd tried to use to soften Rainbow up before she told her the news.

"Rainbow Dash!" she screamed as the smirking mare flew in lazy loops above them.

"You two Love birds have fun!" she called before flying off to Celestia knows where. The orange earth pony turned to look at her most likely unwilling companion, not even noticing the faint blush on the other mare's cheeks.

"I'm terribly sorry about this Twilight, I don' know what's goin' on here any more than you do." Twilight shook her head, actually enjoying her time with Applejack.

Even if she doesn't love me back, at least I've still got this time right now. "Oh that's okay AJ, I don't really mind." The second mare shook her head bewildered.

"But what about that special pony that y'all have your eye on? Wouldn' you rather spend time with them?" she asked staring intently into the other's eyes.

Even though I'm giddy as a school filly that you're spendin' time with me instead.

"Oh Applejack, is that why you ran off the other day? Because I told you that I liked somepony?" Twilight asked exasperated. When Applejack nodded she couldn't help but smile. "Oh AJ," Twilight blushed, touched that she at least had some proof that the earth pony may feel the same way that she did, "The somepony that I was talking about was you." she blushed when Applejack turned her emerald green orbs towards her.

"Do you really mean that Shugarcube?" Twilight was just about nod, but right then and there a dark cloud of magic surrounded her and lifted her off the ground. The two mares had been so caught up in their discussion that they didn't see or hear the two stallions come up behind them.


"See Asper I told you that the spell would work this time!" Dagger Night cried out as he floated off of the ground, while the spell that he had preformed, the same one he'd blamed Twilight for claiming it had backfired, sucked the magic, and life, from it's lavender victim. "I told you!" the midnight black stallion began to laugh and it soon gained an ominous edge to it.

"Twilight!" Applejack cried out as she watched the unicorns horn start to disappear. She took a step towards them, only to have a tannish hoof stop her.

"Stop this Dag, you're killing her!" Asper Wind, the other stallion from before, as well as another unicorn himself, cried "I told you that you shouldn't mess around with that book!" he tried to use a protection spell to release Twilight from the other's hold. But the black stallion only knocked him aside.

"And why should I care about this mare? Or even about what you think, you're both just weak!" now through out this ordeal he had never noticed Applejack, and the reason for that being because she was now directly behind him, and in prime position for what happened next.

"Leave her alone!" she cried as she used her back hooves to send the stallion flying. Using the distraction that Applejack provided Asper with time to return the magic stolen from Twilight to her before facing his friend.