• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 2,139 Views, 39 Comments

Southern style love - Gentle-Breeze



No pony ever saw this coming. How could they? It all seemed to just appear out of the blue. This is a story of how Applejack finally told Twilight how she felt about her.

  • ...
7
 39
 2,139

Chapter two

Applejack was walking through town on her way to see Twilight , the one and only holder of her heart, nearly getting trampled several times finally made her decide to walk on the grass not the main path. She had just gotten to the top of a hill over looking the library when she noticed Twilight standing in front of the giant tree talking to two stallions Twilight appeared close to tears, and she had multiple hairs sticking up and out of place form her normally neat, curtsey of Rarity, mane. Applejack looked at the two stallions, one was an of white tannish color with a deep woodsy looking brown mane and tail. While the other was a deep black with a dark blue mane and tail. "Howdy Twilight, what's goin' on?" Applejack asked when she got within hearing range. Twilight looked up at her and smiled.

"Oh Applejack thank goodness you came when you did. These two," she motioned towards the tan and black stallions standing in front of her, "Are claiming that one of my spells backfired and hit them, but I haven't preformed any spells today that would backfire." she still looked close to tears, and it made Applejack wonder just how long she'd been putting up with these two.

"An' just what did this 'spell' do to y'all?" Applejack asked turning towards the tan stallion raising her eyebrow for infuses.

"Well umm.. you see... um we.." the black stallion hit his companion as he'd been trying to speak.

"We don't have to explain ourselves to the likes of you!" he soon found out why Applejack was called one of the best apple buckers in all of Ponyville. He would be sporting some decent bruises for the next few days to show where her hind hooves had connected.


It had been about three hours since Applejack had sent those stallions own home, the black one, come to be known as Dagger Night, with a preety decent sized hoof print on his flank, and Applejack still hasn't told Twilight how she feels about her. Oh I just cain't do this.

"So um Twi, I was just wonderin' if you have a very special somepony over yonder in Canterlot, or even here in Ponyville." Twilight turned towards Applejack with curios eyes but answered, thanks to a quick elbow jab from Spike who'd recently come in from another failed attempt to win over Rarity.

"Actually AJ I don't, but there is a pony that I really like." Applejack turned away so Twilight and Spike couldn't see the tears that began to form. Her heart begging to break into very tiny pieces.

"Oh, well thanks for letting me visit today Twi, and if those two show up again you just give a holler you hear?" Applejack tried not to let the fact that she was crying show. Celestia knew that Twilight wouldn't let her walk out of there if she knew that she was crying.

"Okay, bye AJ." Twilight stared at the open door puzzled, Applejack had seemed, upset by something towards the end of her visit. Sighing Twilight turned her back on the door. Her horn began to glow a light purple, and the door began to glow the same color as it was closed. "And I love you." but that last part was never heard by anyone other than the small purple dragon at her side.

"I still can't believe you haven't told her yet." Spike grumbled as he walked towards the stairs that led up to their shared bedroom. The slightly dejected lavender unicorn said nothing just fallowed him up the stairs.


Applejack ran dejectedly the whole way home, the streets of Ponyville having cleared during her time at the library, and when she finally reached the gate Big Mac and Apple Bloom were there waiting.

"Well did you tell 'er, did you tell 'er?" Apple Bloom asked bouncing up and down in excitement. Her eyes never once leaving her older sister.

"Nope." Applejack answered keeping her head down so that they wouldn't see her eyes. Thankfully the brim of her hat added extra coverage amongst it's shadows.

"Why, don't you still like 'er?" Big Mac asked raising his eyebrow at the sulking mare.

"Yep." Applejack answered, continuing with the one word answers in the hope to deter any more questions, with out reprieve.

"Then why didn't you tell 'er!?" they both asked in unison, well it was more of a scream, but the point got across.

"'Cause she likes somepony else." was all Applejack told them before she ran off so as not to hear their responses, though what she would have heard were gasps of sadness, anger, and surprise, she ran crying up to her bedroom, and stayed there for the rest of the night.

"Well," Big Mac said as he looked at the youngest of the Apple siblings, "I guess we just have to try and cheer 'er up the best we can." the little filly nodded in agreement but looked down at her hooves instead of up at the red stallion beside her.

"Why doesn' Miss Twilight like Applejack?" she asked innocently, reminding her brother just how young she really was, no matter how much work she did on the farm.

"Well I don' right know Apple Bloom." Big Mac answered as he looked off towards town, "I just don' know."