• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 2,050 Views, 40 Comments

To get a life once lost - ChangelingLumin



A Human in Equestria must get his life back on track.

  • ...
14
 40
 2,050

Inside the Castle part two

Celestia was hurt. Never before had she been ignored by her own guards. She watched in horror as the creature before her was dragged away from her. She didn’t care if it lashed out, it was probably scared or upset.

Her eye stung a bit from where the creature hit her, but that didn’t hurt as much being dragged away to her room and locked up. She was a prisoner in her own castle, and she feared the same fate happened to her sister.

Celestia knew she could use her magic to escape if she wanted to, but she had a feeling that things might not turn out so bad. If that creature could escape from the labs, maybe it could escape the dungeons and free her. It has shown her signs of intelligence when it talked with her, even though it was a bit rash.

So Celestia sat down and prayed, she prayed for the creature, and she prayed for her sister. She prayed that whoever was responsible for this mess would be stopped, if only she knew why her guards acted like that.

On the other side of the castle, Luna was in a bit of a jam herself. When she returned from raising the moon, she was overpowered by her own guards and locked away in her room too.

She banged on her door and screamed at the top of her lungs,

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!! WE DEMAND YOU LET US OUT NOW!!”

But her screams were ignored, and she continued to bang and scream until her stamina ran out, and she lay on the ground, exhausted and confused.

Down in the dungeons, Curtis was chained to the wall. His arms and legs spread out in the air as he was restrained in mid air. His face all bloody and bruised, and tears dripped down his face.

The dungeons looked much different than the labs and the castle itself. It was like going into another universe altogether; it was dank, dark and smelled of mold and dirt. The cobblestone walls only served to add to the already gloomy atmosphere.

The wooden door on the other end of the room creaked open as a guard came inside. He however was dressed differently. He wore gold armor studded with diamonds and other jewels, and he carried a sword on his side. This guard seemed to be in charge of the others, as he told the two outside his door to leave him alone with the creature. The two obliged and went away.

“What are you?” The guard asked Curtis. His voice was deep and commanding.

Curtis ignored him and glared, whatever this thing was it didn’t like him and he didn’t like it.

“I said what are you!?” The guard spoke louder this time. Curtis spat on his foot, but that served to make the guard even angrier as he kicked Curtis in the gut. He spat out a bit of blood and began to cough.

“I would show respect Creature, if you want to live to see tomorrow that is.”

Curtis looked at the guard and said, “At least tell me what you are first.”

The guard laughed, “Oh, so the beast can speak, how lovely.”

Curtis hated this guy even more as it continued to talk, “If you must know, I am General Stonehoof, leader of the royal guards, and second in command to Prince Armor himself.”

Stonehoof? Prince Armor? The more Curtis thought about it, the more his head hurt.

“Now that you know me creature, tell me what are you.” Stonehoof stared intently at Curtis.

“I don’t think I should tell you Stonehoof,” Curtis replied, “If this is the way you treat guests here, then I think you just lost your tip.”

He chuckled at his little joke despite the situation he was in. But Stonehoof didn’t find it so funny, as he kicked Curtis in the gut again before leaving with a huff.

“Starve him till he talks!” Stonehoof demanded to the guards outside, “If he gives you any trouble, beat him till he stops.”

The two subordinates saluted Stonehoof with a “YES SIR!” and all Curtis could think was that he was in deep shit.

“I need to think of a way to get out of here.” He thought to himself.


[*****]


Luna got back up after her attempts at breaking down the door were unsuccessful. She panted hard with exhaustion as she tried once more to bash the door down. With one good kick, the door splintered. Again she kicked, and the door broke apart at the hinges. She stood motionless in the doorframe for a moment before moving on. Guards moved in to stop her, but she let loose a blast of energy at them, knocking them out.

As Luna ran through the halls, guards left and right tried to restrain her, but she proved more than a match as she blasted them to the side. Finally she managed to get to her sisters room; knocking out the guards guarding it, Luna shouted through the keyhole.

“Sister!”

“Luna.” Celestia ran to the door, “Luna what's going on?”

“I don’t know sister, the guards started to act strange and then they locked me up in my room.”

“Luna.” Celestia said softly.

“Yes sister.” Luna answered.

“Go to the dungeons, and free the creature.”

“Sister!?”

“Luna,” Celestia said once again, “Please, you must free this creature. Once freed I want you to guide it out of the castle.”

“Sister, you mean to free that thing!?!” Luna said surprised.

“Yes Luna, free it.”

“But...” Luna objected.

“Luna! Do as I say!” Celestia said sounding stern.

Luna hesitated but nodded. She turned around and started running to the dungeons.


[*****]

Back in the dungeons, Curtis was busy struggling with his chains.

“If only this would be easier.” He grunted, sweat dropping from his brow.

“Maybe it will be.” A soft female voice said. Curtis looked to the doorway to come face to face with the Princess of the night herself.

“Beg your pardon?” He said, confused.

“Look,” said Luna, “My sister told me to free you and guide you out of the castle. So stop asking questions and sit still while I get those chains off.”

Luna walked forward and began to fiddle with his chains using her magic.

“I didn’t ask anything, but since I’m going free might as well make the most of it.”

“What do you mean?” She asked him.

“Well for starters,” Curtis’ left hand was now free, “I’m not going to leave just yet, second,” His right leg was free, “I want to find out why your guards are being assholes all of a sudden, and third,” Curtis’ left leg was free, “I want to beat the shit out of Stonehoof. Any objections?”

As Luna freed his right arm, Curtis fell face first into the stone floor.

“That sounds faolish.” Luna protested as Curtis picked himself up and dusted himself off.

“Don't you mean foolish?” Curtis said, sounding confused.

“I don’t understand what you mean?” Luna was equally confused.

“Never mind, lets just cheese it and get this over with.”

Luna gave Curtis a look of confusion once more, “Cheese it?”

“LETS GO!!” Curtis shouted.

Luna shook her head and followed.

“I still want to know what you mean.”

“SHUT UP” Curtis shouted again.