• Published 7th Apr 2013
  • 866 Views, 10 Comments

The Shadow Lands - kento124



A kingdom in a world of two moon, a king out for land and only one who could warn their world"

  • ...
5
 10
 866

The Morning Air

The ringing of bells slowly woke her as the light had just begun to fill the room. As the sound raged on, she slowly raised a wing; turning the alarm off. She stretches her stiff body with a few popped joints, she noticed the filly tucked under her wing. The filly gave a grumble from the movement as a grin formed on her face. The simple site of her curled up right next to her filled her with unbridled joy.

She moved her head to nudge her gently saying, “Time to wake up.”

The young one groaned, wiggling a bit as she protest, “just five more minutes.” She rolled over trying to fall asleep again. She giggled as she proceeded to leave the bed, getting to her hooves. She walked around the bed to stand in front of the blueish green filly.

“Oh Star, you don't want to be late for school now?” She said the filly again nudging. Star yawned when she opened her emerald eyes, stretching out her wings. She proceeded to jump from the bed and headed to the bathroom saying,

“Okay mom, I'll go freshen up and meet you down stairs.”

She sat there as the word 'mom' lingered in her mind as she remembers the events of a year ago. How Star Light came into her life and how much she loved her. The whole event seemed to have been a dream with the event that took place. Giving a happy sign, she turned toward the stairs, proceeding down to main study to prepare breakfast.

“Ah, good morning Twilight. Is Star Light awake as well?” A small green and purple dragon asked as he placed the books on the nearby table.

When she reached the ground floor, “Yes, she will be down shortly. Spike, care to help me make breakfast?” She said in response, as he gave a nod saying, “sure.”

As they entered the kitchen, she walked to the pantry to figure out what to make as well for Star’s school lunch. She couldn’t find much, it seems she need to go shopping later. She placed two red apples in Star Light's rainbow color lunchbox she got from Rainbow Dash as a birthday present. As she placed the lunch box on the table, the smell of pancakes filled the air. She looked to the stove, seeing spike pouring some batter into a skillet. The smell of the cooking pancakes smelled appetizing as she felt a small grumble from her stomach out of hunger.

The felling was cut short as the sound of a filly descending the stairs. When she saw nyx enter the kitchen “Good morning spike, oh those smell so good,” Star Light commented as she found a seat at the nearby table.

As spike flipped the pancakes, “Thanks Star, I've been trying a new recipe lately and I do believe I got it down.” He boasted with a grin pasted on his face.

“Oh spike. Just make enough for you two, Applejack asked me to drop by early for some help and some brunch later.” Twilight stated as she levitated the syrup to the table along with jelly. As Spike place the plate of finished pancakes down on the table, Star Light quickly grabbed two and began to eat.

As Spike joined in with the breakfast, Twilight's mind began to wander to the past year. It’s been weird year, from finding Star Light and the events of that nightmare night, to the just chance meeting. Most of the citizen’s ended up hating him and sadly Star Light to. Most of them hated Celestia’s judgment, they felt it was too light since Star Light helped him steal and plunder Ponyville. They felt she was just as responsible as her father was But the Princess punished her by placing her in Twilight's care. She had grown attached to Star Light, due to how she reminds Twilight pf herself. Some went so far as to perform their own sentence; even as to tried to attack Star Light. However, ever since she became an Alicorn just like Princess Luna and Celestia, they seemed to all but given up trying three months ago. Now she can relax as she watches her daughter grow up in peace.

“So... mom, why dose Applejack need your help?” The sound of Star Light's question snapped her out of the deep thought. She glanced over seeing her done as she placed her dish in the sink with spikes. She smiled at her daughters curiosity as she picked up her saddlebag, placing the lunch box inside.

“I'll tell you on the way; here’s your bag. Spike, I'll be back some time around noon I think.” She said as they began to walk to the door.

“All right Twi, say hi to Applejack for me.” Spike asked before they left.

As they shut the door behind them, Twilight looked about to see that no pony was staring at them. She smiles at the thought that they came accustomed to them and there was no mob out for Star Light. She turned to her asking, “So you excited for a new school year?”

Her eyes lit up as almost she beamed, “Yes, I get to see Scootaloo, Sweetie bell, Apple bloom and every buddy else. Its going to be loads of fun,” she finished with a grin on her face.

“All right, so why don't we get going then. We could meet Apple Bloom along the way. You two can walk to school together.” She said, starting to walk toward the ponyville square and the road that lead to the school.

….

“Doctor, who's in room 427?” A passing nurse asked while she starred at the door.

“Well miss heart, I do believe it's a miss...Applejack. Nurse Stinger, sign her in last night saying exhaustion.” He finished with a shrug.

She gave a sigh saying, “Thank you doctor Steth.” He gave a slight nod as he got back to his rounds. She decided to go see if miss Applejack was up and ready to check out. They may not have some many patients, she could understand Stingers' reason, but this place is not a hotel. She approached the door, raising s hoof knocked saying, “Miss Applejack I’m coming in. Are you awake?” She asked as she opened the door to show the orange mare on the bed.

As she entered; closing the door behind her, she proceeded to the bed checking the chart placed at the foot of the bed. She shifted around the chart’s papers, as a groan lifted from the bed. She looked up to find the mare was just now waking. “Oh, good morning miss Applejack. Sleep well?” She asked as the mare slow sat up.

“What time is it?” She asked looking around for a clock.

“Miss Applejack, it's nearly seven A.M. Do you feel alright?” She answered her, knowing it from seeing the clock in main hall.

As she left the bed, giving herself a long stretch she said, “Great. Ah guess there’s was a thing called over worked”

“Well miss Applejack, it seems; from the charts and yourself, that you are in peak health. I’m going to go file the discharge papers. If you want you could wait in the reception room if you want.” She stated, tuning back to the room’s door.

Just as she opened it and walked into the hall, “Ah miss Red Heart, ah brought in a sick pegasus last night. If ya could, could you tell me how she’s doing?” The white mare just turned back as she added, “She seemed very sick. I’m just worried about her.” The question had stopped her as she thought for a sec.

She turned back to the mare saying, “I could see if the patient is in good health. What the name I’m looking for?”

As the mare walked out the she turn to say,” It’s silver. She had ah high fever. I’m just hoping she’s okay”

It’s always nice to have some pony worrying about you, she thought giving her a smile. “Okay, I'll go look her up but it might take some time so please have a seat in the reception area.” She told her pointing down the long hall to a pair of double doors. The mare gave her a nod as she turned down the hall. By the time she reached the doors, “All right now, let go find this miss Silver.“ Stating out loud with a half grin.

….

She waited there for what felt like hours, before she noticed nurse Red Heart entering the large room. As she stood, the nurse made her way to her. “So is she alright?” She asked quickly, hoping it was good news.

“Yes, a doctor Stretcher was on duty last night. She needs an ice bath but she’s in better condition now. Do you know how she ended up in such a condition?”

Applejack’s face fell for a sec, taking in a deep breath before saying, “We heard some noise out back, ended up finding her out back being attack by a pack of timber wolfs.”

The nurse stepped back in shock, “Oh my, that’s awful. I'm glad she wasn't gravely injured.” She gave a weak smile as she continued.

“She’s’ one heck of runner, she ran from what looked like the Everfree forest, trying to save a filly she was caring. In my book she deserves a medal.” She stated still holding a smile.

“Is the filly all right? Is she hurt?” the nurse demanded just after hearing about the filly; stepping in closer. Applejack was forced a step back as the pleaded mares eyed her.

“No, no, she is fine. The filly is back at the farm, asleep ah think. If it makes you happy, Ah could bring her for a checkup when she wakes up.” Red Heart give her a questionable look but just sighed.

“Alright, please. I'll go head and scheduled her for tomorrow.” Applejack gave a kind nod as she proceeded to leave, wondering if the filly had awoken yet.

XxX

Her walk to the school was filled with peace as no one disturbed them as they walked. She felt content as ponyville raged with life, with no pony stopping to look there way; that everything in ponyville felt normal. “Star, today is wonderful, it’s just so perfect.” She commented, raising her head taking a deep breath of the morning air; releasing it with a cheer smile. Star Light only looked on, giggling at her mother antics. Twilight just laugh on with her, enjoying their walk. They continued to walk till Star Light abruptly stopped, noticing a familiar pony in the distance.

“Uh, dear? Why did you stop?” Twilight asked wondering why she stopped.

“Didn’t you want to talk to Applejack?” Star Light asked plainly.

“Yes, why?” She asked as Star Light pointed toward the nearby building. “Well... she’s' right there, coming out of the hospital.” Twilight turned to see she was right, seeing Applejack just out side the hospital doors.

She stared at Applejack wandering, why was she at the hospital? Did something happen? She seemed to notice them, waving in their direction. As they waved back, Twilight saw her walked toward them. As she got close she said, “Well howdy Twi, and good mornin to you Star.” She said walking up to them. Twilight gave her a confused look.

“Applejack, what are you doing at a hospital? Is everything okay?” She asked worried, Star Light look on listing with curiosity.

“Hold on Twilight, I'm perfect fine, in good health. Ah was just here last night dropping off ah pony that was sick. Relax.” She said giving her a pleading grin, hoping to calm her down. She just looked on, still worried.

Star Light just stared at her asking, “Who did you drop off?” She gave Applejack a puzzled look.

Applejack looked past them at something before saying, “Okay, Ah'll tell ya what ah was doin here, but ah need to check up on a particular filly back at the farm. Ah can tell you on the way the way back to the farm.”

Seeing Star Light nod as twilight said, “Okay Applejack.”

Thirty-five minutes later

“...The filly end up lifting the thing and chucked it across the yard, scaring the hay out of those critters. Twilight ah was hoping if know who she was, cause that was some nifty magic she used.” Twilight was surprise to hear Applejack's story, even more to what the filly had done.

Star's eyes light up with curiosity asking, “Applejack will she be up when we arrive? I wonder love a chance to talk to her.” She chuckled at her filly's curiosity, as she tried to think of who she might be.

“Sorry but i haven’t heard of any new student that became pupils or any new up comers at Celestia School for Gifted Unicorns.” She said shaking her head.

Applejack sighed saying, “Well Twi, I thought since she was gifted with magic that you might know she might be.” She explained.

“Did she have anything with her?” Twilight asked hoping to help Applejack find out who she was.

Twilight saw her stop for a sec as a smile appeared on her face. She said, “Well there was that book big mac found. Don't know what’s' in it but you could take a look it. Might have something in side of it.” She stated looking to the farm in the distance.

….

The heat creep upon her face until it started to burn through her eyelids. She shifted her body but still, the heat continues to bake her. She groans, wondering what the heat was coming from. She slowly opened her eyes to the piercing light as it stung her eyes. What could be making this light? Lunar thought, trying to block the light with her hoof. As her eyes adjusted to the bright light, the view of where she was slowly came into view. She sat up looking around, noticing it was a bedroom. The apple emblems on the walls was weird but nothing more than the intense light. The mirror on the far wall of the bed reflected the light as she noticed a hat next to it. The light caught her attention again as she wonder what is this blinding light.

As she pondered in thought, a small click could be heard as the door next to the bed she was on opened. What a young yellow filly pushed the door open as a surprise look appeared upon her face. Same filly from last night she thought.

“Oh, you’re awake. How are you feeling?” Lunar felt a bit squeamish, she didn't know where she was or whom she’s' with. It gave her a shiver of fear as she swallowed hard. When she saw a big stallion walk in past the filly, taking a seat just beside the bed. She felt a scared at his size and deep red coat. Lunar hopped he wasn’t a Shalin royal guard.

“My name is Big Macintosh” He stated, turning to point at the filly next to him. “And that is Apple Bloom. Are you feeling any better? Do you mind telling us your name?” As he waited for her responses, his constant stare frighted her. “Don’t be scared, he may look big and scary but he is just an old softy. “ She finished poking him in the side with a giggle.

“Lunar” She said still being a bit scared of the stallion. As they sat for a sec, the previous night slowly began play in her mind. Just as the stallion was about to speak, she cut him just before he could say, asking, “I was with friend, her named is silver. You know where she is?”

Apple bloom jumped in saying, “She’s' fine. My sister Applejack took her to a hospital so she could get better from a fever. If you like, you could wait till she returns to ask her?” She saw the filly give a friendly smiled, which made her feel somewhat better.

“So how about we go get something to eat, you must be hungry.” She heard stallion ask. She felt her hallow stomach growl, quick to nod in agreement. He gave her a half-chucked grin as he walked out with the filly. She gave the light a second lace before she slowly fallowed.


As she entered the kitchen, the smell of cooking filed the air. “Can we have some waffles for breakfast?” Apple bloom asked Macintosh who gave a nod. Seeing him pull some items from the nearby pantry, she saw the filly sitting at a table at the far end of the room. As she sat, a feeling of confusion washed over her. Why are the acting so sparingly with their coal? Most barely have enough for winter let alone cooking breakfast.

“Are you All right?”

The Apple Bloom's voice startled her as she snapped in her direction saying, “Yes. I’m just a bit confused on where I’m at is all” With her words lingering in the air, a plat of waffles was placed in front of her.

She turned to see the stallion, “Well your near a town called ponyville. You’re on our farm right now on the edge of town.” Ponyville? she thought, never hear of the town before. she felt ting of hopeless as her thought drifted toward her teacher. Teacher where are you? Her stomach growled again, Can't focus on a empty stomach. Lunar looked down to her waffles as she slowly began to eat. They tasted delicious, the flufl sweet food was like heaven in her mouth to her bu the thoughts of her Teacher and Silver kept her from truly enjoying the waffles. As she ate, the sound of a door opening with voices of ponies she did not know.

“Well… something smells mighty good? Hey Big Mac, you cookin again?” Seeing an older orange mare enter the kitchen with another filly and a purple unicorn.

She stared for a sec when the orange mare noticed her, “Oh good you’re awake, was wondering if you’re up yet.” She said as they began to walk toward her. This made her recoil a bit, for she thought they knew whom she was. Applejack notice, “It’s alright, I'm the one who got your friend to the hospital last night. The names Applejack and these two are my friends...”

She said bringing a hoof up pointing at the purple unicorn, “Hello, my name is Twilight, and this is my daughter...” She looked down at Star Light and smile as she said her name.

“Star Light, you can just call me Star if you like.” The filly stated with a bit of glee.

Lunar relaxed a little, for they don’t seem to be with the royal guard. She mange to say, “Hello, I'm Lunar Clisp. My friends call me lu.” She realizing after she said it, she just used her full name. The fear of what might happen if they realized who she was. She cringed a little hoping they don't recognized it or hopping they wouldn't care.

Lunar looked over to Twilight, she finally notices her wings, which surprise her. Stumbling back as Twilight gave a small chuckle, trying to make Lu feel a bit more comfortable. “Yes the wing can be surprising.”

She just stared at her with confusion, trying to figure out what she was looking at, How can a unicorn have wings? It’s not possible unless she was what her Teacher called an Alicorn... The realization was starting to hit her.

“Are you alright honey? You don't look so good.” Applejack asked feeling something was a bit off by Lunar's reaction. She stepped closer trying comfort the filly as Twilight and the Star watched curiosity.

All she did was sit there as her thoughts raced with thought of what’s going on. She felt Alone and isolated as she sat there. Her thoughts final feel upon her Teacher, on the fact he was more than just miles away. The feeling of something embracing her snapped her back to reality to see the orange mare in front of her.

“It’s all right, there’s nothing to worry about. Every thing is fine.” The mare said soothingly as she was embracing lunar. Lunar started to cry as the backlash of emotions hit her.

“Where is he? Ware is my Teacher?” She asked aloud as she began to cry in Applejack's chest. She stroked the back of her head whispering soothing words trying to calm her down.

“It’s alright; everything will be okay. If he doesn’t show up, will go find him.” She could hear the mare promised her as she cried.

Author's Note:

"Nyx is from Past Sins
byPen Stroke"

I wanted twilight to have a motherly tone, so a child was needed.