• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 3,616 Views, 50 Comments

Doctor Whooves Adventures - IHasApple

  • ...
1
 50
 3,616

The Missing Cutie Marks: Chapter 1

"Now what on earth was that?"

Twilight Sparkle pondered this as she trotted down her stairs. Earlier, she had heard a loud clanging noise coming from the basement. She had been studying hard at the time. She had been so engrossed in her books she didn’t even notice Spike when he said he was going over to Rarity’s. The clanging noise, however, broke her concentration on a deeper level than just audible noise. Something sparked in her for a moment, but a moment was all that was needed to grab her attention.

Her hooves clipped and clopped as she descended the staircase and landed in the quiet basement. The main room of the basement had been redone into her laboratory, but a small section of the original empty room remained. She stood alone, in the middle of the empty room.

“Hello? Is anypony there?” she called out to shadows that lurked in the corners and sides of the room.

Silence

After a minute, she decided that it was probably nothing. She turned to back upstairs, but couldn’t shake this feeling that something was down there with her. When she reached the stair case, however, she suddenly whipped around, certain something was behind her. She saw nothing.

Then, she noticed something she hadn’t before: a small blue box. On the left side of the room, was a blue chest. Twilight was sure that wasn’t there when she looked just a second ago. She carefully made her way over to the chest. Her horn glowed purple and so did the lid.

It was unlocked.

She slowly lifted the lid and peered inside. Inside the box, she was met face to face with something she thought she’d never see: a parasprite.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? A parasprite?” she looked at it quizzically, “What are you doing here, little guy?”

It was about then she noticed something different about this little fur ball than the ones that nearly destroyed Ponyville: it was much larger. In fact, it was about the size of a pony’s head. Twilight took a step back.

The parasprite rose as Twilight stepped away. Twilight noticed another difference about the parasprites: this one had legs. Not just legs, but ghastly, gangly, hairy arms with big hands. A gross smile crept across the parasprite’s head as it stepped out of its confinement. It stood well over the head of a normal pony, and Twilight was no exception.

“S-stay back! I’m warning you!” she stuttered. Her horn glowed as she backed away from the advancing grotesque creature. When her warning fell upon deaf ears, she shot out a blast of magic from her horn, directly at the parasprite!
Without even flinching, the bolt hit the creature, not affecting it. Twilight was shocked. Why didn’t it even flinch?
She shot another bolt. And another. And another! Nothing worked on the creature that had her backed up to the wall The parasprite’s arm where far too long for her to escape, as they could just swat her away if she ran.
She was trapped. Twilight closed her eyes, fearing it was certainly the end for her.

“HELP!!”

What she felt next was not a giant hand grabbing her, or sharp claws, or huge teeth gnawing own on pony bones, but a hoof.

She opened her eyes, confused. She looked to her left and stared straight into the big blue eyes of a light brown pony. He had a spiky brown mane and on his neck, a blue necktie. He said only one thing to her:

“Run.”

Immediately, Twilight followed her mysterious savior. They sprinted along the wall, away from the parasprite, to a nearby closet that was open. They ran inside and soon hit another wall. The closet was not very large, but it was empty, giving them enough room to stand shoulder to shoulder. They turned around, facing the still open door.

“You know magic, right?” the stallion said to Twilight, panting.

“What? O-of course I can. It’s my-“

“Great. Then when I say so, you can teleport us out of here.”

“What?”

The parasprite soon found them and blocked the entrance. It ducked down to find inside the closet, and when it did, the tan earth pony turned to Twilight and said “NOW!”

With a glow of her horn and a flash of light, Twilight and the stallion were on the other side of the door, and therefore, the parasprite. In one quick move, he slammed the door shut and, using a strange whirring device with a blue light on it, locked the door.

Twilight stopped and sat on her haunches. She saw still shaken up by these sudden turn of events. She looked to the door that the parasprite was already trying to break down. “That will not hold him for long. What are we gonna do?” She looked around, but the pony was already gone.

“Well, well, well! You have a laboratory down here!” She turned to find the stallion off in her lab, messing about with concoctions and machines. “Brilliant!”

“Hey, stop messing with those! Those are highly unstable chemicals! This is no time for fooling around.” she got up and walked over to the lab section of the basement. The male pony had already concocted a bubbling substance in a jar and was mixing up some spices in a beaker.

He either didn’t notice her, or didn’t care, but he didn’t say anything to her. He just kept mixing strange chemicals with other ones that Twilight didn’t even know she had.

“What are we gonna do? Why won’t my magic work? And just who the hell are you?”

The earth pony stopped to look at Twilight. “Too many questions.” He went right back to dancing around the beakers and vials. The closet door continued to bang and bend as the parasprite continued its efforts to escape. More chemicals and beakers went into the jar that was

“Well, in order, I’m mixing up a ‘solution’ to our problem.” He smiled at his own pun, but Twilight was not amused. He continued, “And that thing that’s trying to murder us is a super sciencey charged parasprite. Only sciencey stuff will affect it.” The banging became louder. Any second now, the creature would break through and eat them up.

“And my name is-“

SMASH

He was cut off by the parasprite crashing through the closet door. Twilight screamed. The parasprite focused on the source of the irksome noise and immediately went to silence the Celestia awful sound. This was the end. The gangly monster ran full tilt at Twilight.

As the parasprite leaped to gobble up a purple pony, a certain earth pony saved Twilight again for the second time that day. He finished mixing the jar just in time, and threw it all over the ghastly creature. Steam and shrieks from the creature rose as it fell to the ground. It writhed in pain and agony as the outer shell of the monster melted away to revealed a normal parasprite. The parasprite got up and flew around the room happily, oblivious to the calm stallion and the very frightened mare.

Silence was interrupted by Twilight. “What was that?” she whispered to nopony in particular.

“Like I said: sciencey stuff.”

Twilight turned around slowly to the calm pony. It was then she finally got a good look at his cutie mark: an hourglass. She looked back to his blue pony eyes. "Who are you?”

He looked down at where she sat. He smiled gently and stared into her curious purple eyes.

“I’m the Doctor.”