• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 1,190 Views, 11 Comments

Fallout Equestria : Steel Rain - Midnight_Rain



Gunner and His squad wake up 200 years after the Megaspells in an unforgiving wasteland to find the on who had betrayed them in the past.

  • ...
7
 11
 1,190

Flashback

Flashback

Sometimes the ones that hurt us most are the ones we love

"These hallways are starting to annoy the piss out of me" Backblast grumbled. As we trotted down another hallway.
Somepony dropped something in one of the rooms in the hallway we were in and got Longeye's attention
"You hear that." Longeye whispered

I nodded my head to the only door in the hallway that was cracked open. Just enough for me to look into, inside was a small office with a desk and a small terminal and a safe embedded in the back wall. Surrounding said safe was three more raiders as the pony we rescued had called them. They were arguing over how to pick a lock as far as I could tell the ones arguing were mares and the one working on the lock was a stallion. I pulled my head away from the door just as one of the mares was turning her head to the stallion.

"Damn It Stonewall don't you know how to pick a Goddess damn lock for Luna's sake." The sound of a slap and grunt sounded from behind the door.

" I'm trying Slicer just calm down please and put away those knives they freak me out." I heard the raider known as Stonewall say in a defensive tone.

" Dis aint gunna werk." The third raider in the room said in a slow drawl.

I looked back to my squad for an answer for this problem. All i got was a bunch of shrugs. Backblast pointed to his Missile launcher. I shook my head then Longeye unsheathed her knife. Still not the answer I was looking for I wanted to capture them to find out more information but they will likely try to fight back as soon as we went in there. Then an idea popped up in my head. I was going to walk in the room and tell them to surrender and then have Backblast walk in behind me and rev his minigun to scare them into submission."

"Brilliant Gunner you have out done yourself again". I said under my breath. when I told the team their part of my brilliant plan I got a stern look from Backblasts visor. I'm pretty sure if he wasn't wearing his helmet he would be giving the glare of death.

"Are you a moron Gunner". they all said at the same time.

I let out a sigh. "Just once I wish my plans would be called great". At that time I heard the door open, The three raiders had gave up on the lock.

"Shite who the fuck are they". Slicer one of the mares had seen us

"I don't know" Stonewall deadpanned

"Yah see i telled y'all we were being watched". the last raider drawled.
All of us just stood in the hallway and stared. I noticed Stonewall did not have any weapons that were of any threat.
Slicer had those two wicked knives and hoofblades. The third one had a long sniper rifle on a battlesaddle.
"Well shit" I muttered. I was the first one to move and planted a swift buck to Stones face knocking him unconscious
Backblast threw Slicer in to the wall behind her knocking her out, the third raider just surrendered.
We tied the two unconscious ponies up and pocketed their weapons and ammo along with anything else valuable.
"We need to ask you a few questions" I told the last raider.

The pony with the sniper rifle name was Slowshot.

"What are you doing in an Equestrian Military complex." I asked in a calm tone.

"I knos nuthin bout any 'illitay pulace. Twas Slicers idear fo us tuh come 'ere." She drawled.
at that moment Stone woke up and screamed like a filly.I thought it was pretty funny to be honest.

"Why am I tied up to Slicer and why is their a huge fucking pony with mini gun looking at me like I stole his toy.

"Oy who you calling huge you asshat". Backblast said sounding pissed.

"Calm your shit blast. "Longeye said while thumping his helmet.

"But he started it first ."

"Nuh uh you did you big oaf."
They continued to go back and forth saying various things that colts would call each other

"All right enough for goddess sakes your giving me a headache" I yelled at the two of them.

"Okay now Stone can you tell me why you three are here or am I going have to let Backblast take you into one of these rooms so he can have some fun... As in beat you to a bloody pulp." At this point I had just about enough of their shit to just say fuck it and shoot them.

"So we needed caps to buy somethings that we need to live"

"Whats a cap" I asked interrupting his story he gave me a look that I swore said I was dumb. Well with what he told me Bits were no longer used as currency instead they used bottle caps for money.

"Okay who are the major factions in the area and what is the condition of Equestria."

"For starters its not equestria any more its called the wasteland. The top players are a group of slavers in Phillydelphia.
lead by somepony called Redeye. Another is a group called The Steel Rangers but they changed their name to Applejack's Rangers. led by a pony named Steelhooves.They wear Power armor like your friend there except its black with red accents. Also their are two groups of ponies marauding around the wastes. One group follows a pony called Spector
the other follows somepony named Darkwing."

"Is that all or are their more" I questioned him.

" Yea there's raiders everywhere out there just when you think your safe poof they appear like magic."

" Wait so your not raiders." I asked dumbfounded by the recent discovery. Turns out they were just scavengers well one was Stone was a scavenger. the two mares were mercs. we untied them and let them go back to wherever came from.
Well as luck would have it the Armory was just around the corner. Also more damn turrets.I am really starting to hate these damn turrets.

====Meanwhile===

"Ah so you have finally woken up Gunner I guess you couldn't sleep forever." The dark grey pony said while looking at the monitor.

" This is the pony your worried about he doesn't look like very much trouble I mean look he's afraid of turrets." a Black Pegasus droned.

" He's just being cautious Ive seen him take on six zebras hoof to hoof and come out just a little bruised." The grey one said staring into space.

" I guess he will be a problem later on should I thaw the Red Legion." the Pegasus asked.

"Yes I don't see the harm in letting the zebras join in the fun." he chuckled.

"Time for you to face a old enemy lead by the one you loved." the grey said said under his breath.

Author's Note:

Once again I thank kkat for the original and Hasbro for the series