• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 2,749 Views, 110 Comments

Star Trek: Equestrian Assimilation - firelordzx5



The Borg, a menace that move in a unusual way lately has forced the starfleet, the KDF and the New Romulan Empire to sent a fleet in a untouched world threated by the Borg!

  • ...
13
 110
 2,749

Chapter 4: Republican Warbirds and Risks

Chapter 4: Republican Warbirds and Risks

New Romulus, Consul's hall

"Jolan tru, General Obisek" Admiral Ge'dan, greets to the Reman General of the republic, New Romulus' City is almost completed with the help of the Federation and the Klingon Empire, but still with the city builded, there no way that Romulans and Remans can live in peace, the Borg threat is still present, Sela's Tal'shiar are using pirate tactics, this is low even for her using this kind of tactics...

"Greetings, Admiral, you may be aware about the recent discovery of the Borg" Ge'dan nods "this is why I called you, I selected few but resourceful captains for you in this delicate mission, you see, D'tan and I decided to bring military action against a common enemy, the Borg, recent attacks had occurred in Gamma Orionis Sector, the most odd part is the Borg are sending just scouts, they detected a planet whose natives generate some radiation that is harmless yet dangerous, it can emulate weaponry's energy, if the Borg assimilate that planet, we'll face a mortal enemy." Obisek walks toward the desk's computer, pressing few buttons a hologram of the planet appears over the desk along its quadrupeds inhabitants.

"Humans designate these natives as Equinians for their physical structure, these with horns are the prime objective of the Borg, however they'll assimilate the others as well. the Federation and the Klingon Empire had already reunited their forces in Gamma Orionis, use the transwarp conduit of new Romulus to go, and meet with the fleet "Equinux Defenders" and "Warriors of E'quiV" both led by Vice-Admiral Vaner and Lt. General 'BlackHeart'."

The hologram of the World and the Inhabitants, shifted to various Romulan ships. "Your fleet is composed of your Ha'apax Prototype and a fleet worth of warbirds more capable in this mission, their captains are the best. the elite, veterans of the old empire and the reman resistence. we have T'liss Warbirds but I think that you can handle it without cannon fodders, also their hull make them an easy target."

"Understood, General."

"Good, you and R.R.W. Peacekeeper will do exceptional work in this mission. The Borg are numerous, and their numbers increase by each soldier that fall into the assimilation and with this... we must stop their search for 'perfection' at all cost."

"Yes, General. I'll assemble the fleet immediately"

"No need to do that, Admiral. The fleet is already assembled and waiting in the transwarp conduit, go on, Admiral, make the republic proud in their new military."

_____________________________________________________________________________________
____________

Orbit of New Romulus, R.R.W. Peacekeeper, 1 hour later

"Welcome aboard, Admiral, the fleet is assembled and ready to depart on your command" S'Ian First Officer Commander of the Peacekeeper, and the only close friend of Ge'dan. Ge'dan was not always an admiral; she used to be a farmer on a colony world separated from the main Romulan empire until... that dark day that cost her, her family... and her whole life. S'lan was always like a sister to her; she shared the same destiny as her since the very beginning in her dark life.

"You seem tensed, Admiral, something is wrong?" B'rel the helmsman and Chief Enginner, young and charismatic guy only 30 year old and he was accepted for his experience in flying ships, from shuttles to mogais, he is very skilled helmsman.

"You are worried, I can sense you" Borel, Reman Tactical Officer and weapon expert, he used to hate Romulans back in resistance against the Tal'shiar and Hakeev, however during the negotiation with D'tan and his Romulans he didn't trust them until few years later, he respect them and they can be trusted but beware of the Tal'shiar. by his vast experience during the resistance, He was elected to be Bridge Officer of the new prototype of the new line of “Ships of the Republic”, he gladly accepted.

"I am always worried, Borel, I'm worried about the Tal'shiar’s objectives... Taris is dangerous, the federation should have killed her, not imprison her and now she is free, with Iconians... Sela is in command of the Tal'shair we don't know that if she is part of the Iconians’ pets like Taris, we have both dangerous foes and yet they send us to protect a remote world in a dangerous and forsaken sector... that's why I'm concerned, we are out for long time and when the missions end to return back to our new homeworld we might find Tal'shiar’s ships orbiting it..."

"As much as I find that as a logical and probable future, the Federation and the Klingon Empire are already hunting down Tal'shiar's activities in nearby sectors and D'tan is encouraging independent Romulan and Reman colonies to join the republic as we speak" L'real, Vulcan Science Officer, he is a mystery, he left Starfleet to join the republic, inspired by ambassador Spock's ways. He and others Vulcans live among the Romulan for the same cause as Spock, unification.

"If that is so, then, I trust both galactic powers in this. Helm, to the Transwarp conduit, and hail the fleet, we're moving now!" B'rel gladly did all as ordered and set course to the transwarp conduit, from the screen the assembled fleet in front the gateway is visible; he began the sequence to hail the entire fleet.

"To all the ships in the fleet, we're going to Borg territory, the Borg is a very dangerous enemy and its objective is to assimilate everything in their path, they recently discovered a species with a unique... ability, to generate radiation in their own bodies that, if used right, can emulate most of our weapons in a high potential. If the Borg assimilate this species we will face a mortal enemy even more dangerous than the Tal'shiar."

"Our mission is to support the two main defensive fleets, of the Klingons and the Federation, in case that the Borg start an invasion with drones we will send various away teams to take them out, first contact is allowed just in case but not obligatory, this is all you need to know captains. Good luck." the channel closed and the transwarp gate activates, the ships began their journey.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
____________

Qo'nos Orbit, I.K.S. Malditus Bostaquv's Warriors Hall

Multiples captains had been called to one of the main flagships of the empire, Malditus, whose general and captain species and real name is unknown, many captains have been elected for their records and famous battles among the empire, many feel honored to be invited to a prestigious ship of a highly honored general, others don't trust him for his secretism and tactics, using few bekks (warriors) for a "take and hold" mission instead an outright invasion, exterminate the problem by bombarding the planet, he prefers the direct approach using his personal guard and bridge officers, but he is someone to be respected, many worlds have been conquered by him and various citizen of said worlds now belong to the empire.

"Exterminate the planet's inhabitants by orbital bombardment, it is not honorable to do so. The very thought of it is aberrant!" one of the captains exclaimed.

"Yes, but it is the quickest way to exterminate the menace before it becomes a menace!" another captain expressed.

"I said that is a better idea to conquer them rather than exterminate them! We could use that radiation to finally defeat the Federation!"

"You don't know nothing about them... in the Borg's files, it’s said that these creatures are peaceful and their culture is similar to the ancient human past, exterminate them will dishonor the empire, killing innocent is not the way of the KDF." An Orion, Onar 'Venus', Captain of a Kar'fi Battle Carrier, I.K.S. War-Mistress, she and her crew are famous for raiding important Federation worlds such Vulcan, Earth and Andoria, also rob plans for new weapons in various facilities.

"Yes, Killing them is not our way, it is not an honorable path, it is the path of a coward!" Captain Na'Vi, Darekian from the world Dareke II, captain of a Vo'Quv Carrier, I.K.S Blade of Honor, his race is known for being blue skinned, like andoria, his homeworld is an Ice-World, instead of a beard, males grow spikes. He joined to the KDF to follow the path of the warrior. He is very serious when talking about honor, he is famous for assisting in heavy assaults on the frontline, also being the only ship standing in the battlefield, and many Klingons say that he and his crew are from Sto-Vo-Kov itself to assist the empire in the war against the federation.

"The Borg are known for their assimilation... they assimilated me, converting me into a mindless drone... that species will become one of them, if they remain untouched, it safe to say that J'mpok will want that race for the empire if the mission is a success, the probability of that happening, is 45% the remaining 55% is maintaining them untouched, physically, they are weak, and by their peaceful nature is something that the empire or J'mpok do not accept." Captain Kurama klingon captain of a heavily modified Qin Heavy Raptor, I.K.S StormCrow, he was a Borg drone and thanks to that, he's thoughful sometimes, distracted or distant, but he is well respected warrior in battlefield.

"Indeed..." a voice startled the captains, except Kurama and Venus, coming from the main door of the warriors' hall, stand an armored figure, 'Blackheart', he wore a silver armour, with honorable emblems of the empire, his head is covered by a silver helmet, the eyes are not visible as the visor of said helmet cover them, the armor of the honor guard... only few are allowed to use them but many prefer to not use the helmet, blackheart is an exception.

"He does not wish a weakling race in the empire only the stronger are allowed, but he is not a fool, he wants us to protect this simple world not for their sake but for the sake of the empire, he admit that he fear that empire may fall if the Borg take that race, we are not allowed to fail!" his voice is cold and deep, probably the helmet. "We are the pride of the empire, the Federation are just cowards that send few ships for a critical defenses, and the new Romulans thinks that they can support us. Weaklings I said to them!... we are allies to them just for now... when the mission is over, we will teach them, WHO. WE. ARE!

"Blackheart, we are honored to follow you in this mission for glory!" Na'Vi rise up and cheers for his general, many did the same, others like Venus and Kurama remain serious, they know what and who blackheart is, few know, that an exiled Terran from the mirror universe commands them.

"you have your orders, we will go to the new system to establish a defensive position in planet's orbit along with Federation and Republican ships, then protect the world from any Borg vessel around, return to your vessels and follow the Malditus!" everyone in the hall acknowledge the orders and goes to the nearby teleporter room, Kurama and Venus walk, talking to each other, about possibilities and risks.

"You think that they'll find him out someday? Working for a terran will raise chaos among us." asked Venus

"speaking logically: Only his crew know him better, mostly are like him, secretive and mysterious, like a real Romulan, but he had been in the empire for years, and by the records of his former ship, I.S.S. Damnation, he and his crew were exiled by the head states of the Terran Empire, and them assimilated by the Borg in this universe he and many of his crew got lucky, now he works for us, the Klingon Empire."

"Yeah, I know that, but those that know nothing about him-"

"Confusion, followed by distrust and speculations, treason of his command: 65%, the other 35% will remain loyal to him, like us."

"that's what I thought... Qapla' Kurama"

"Qapla' Venus" both departed in their own way to a teleported room and get in their ships.

The Tactical Bostaquv I.K.S. Malditus and a fleet worthy for an invasion departed to the transwarp conduit...

_____________________________________________________________________________________
____________

Equis, Equestria, Ponyville, Library.

Next day

"I don't know Twilight, maybe it’s a black teen dragon that decided to jerk around, I swear if I see him I have few words for him!" Rainbow dash fumed, after the incident yesterday many in the town decided to not engage in activities in the night, for fear, Fluttershy had made a fortress in her own cottage, since then she preferred not to exit much, Apple Jack had been watchful lately, she had the excuse that "black dragons vermins" maybe planing invade Equestria, Rarity don't mind much, yes, she is concerned but sometimes, these things happen, and she continues with her business later on.

Twilight on the other hoof, she is more than concerned, Sunny Light, the earth pony witness and victim, said almost everything before fainting on her hooves, she is now in the hospital, the doctors said that she suffered various traumas but she will be okay, but she know that the thing that she was attacked, was NOT a dragon...

"I don't really think that it is a black dragon, Rainbow, black dragons are known for being territorial and prefers being in that territory than take another land, you know very well that black dragons are in the OTHER side of world, is impossible!

"Oh yeah? How can you explain the sudden attack to Sunny Light and the foalnapping of "Sally" Bright Dawn?"

"She said that it looked like a dragon but it’s NOT a black dragon, she said that it looked like he wore a black armor and by the description, maybe it’s not a normal dragon." Twilight trotted to the desk and with her magic she lifted a paper with the drawing of the "dragon" to show it to Rainbow, Rainbow looked thoughtful and doubtful. The drawing show how that "armored dragon" looked and then she fell laughing hard.

"T-that's the dragon?! HAHAHAHA! It look ridiculous!" Twilight was not laughing, she was embarrassed she is the one that draw it with all the descriptions.

"Rainbow, this is serious! We don't know if this being had relation with the Nobles' children, and if you noted in the newspapers and the recently attack yesterday, Sally and the Nobles' children are mostly unicorns! This thing or more are probably behind the disappearance!

"Mostly unicorns? Twilight do you think that you and rarity are..."

"…In danger? Oh no... No no no no no no NO-!" the suddenly realization hits her so strong than it feels like a sack filled with bricks, rainbow hit her with her left hoof in order to snap her to reality. She calmed down.

"Twilight calm down! geez, Spike is right, you're paranoid with almost everythin-" suddenly a bright light fills the center of the room, twilight and rainbow looked to see... that an armored figure is appearing slowly in the center of the light, it was the armored dragon, it looked even more weird than the drawing, and more menacing and creepy, Twilight was about to scream and Rainbow jumped between her and the "dragon" she put her best "brave-face" but in the inside she felt... fear... that thing is big! The head looked like a reptile than a dragon, a rare thing glowing in its right eye, instead of a left claw, it had a cylinder with spikes in the center glowing in green, a scorpion-like tail in its back with the tip glowing, when the light ceased. It looked at Rainbow then to Twilight... then... it spoken.

"I'm Ta'lash of the Borg, Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is Futile" Twilight screamed...

Author's Note:

Note from the Editor:
Sorry for the delay, this was sitting in my inbox for five days, I'll because I forgot to check my e-mail. :
facehoof: I feel so ashamed; we need another editor so this does not happen again.

Note from the Autor:
We really need another editor, PM me if you are volunteer.

P.S: 5 FEDs, 4 KDFs, and only one romulan captain. needs 2 more fed captains and 4 more klingons (klingons are know to bring an entire invasion fleet in a single mission), romulans characters are optional.