• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 1,431 Views, 15 Comments

What's Missing? - Liaf112

  • ...
8
 15
 1,431

Chapter 3

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"UUUGH!" I groan out as my alarm goes off in the morning. "Alarm off." I say sleepily.

I push the blanket off of me and swing my legs off of the bed. I get up and go to rub my eyes but end up jabbing a finger into my eye socket.

"OW!" I exclaim. I do that sometimes when I just wake up I forget that I don't have eyes anymore.

I make my way to the bathroom and start relieving myself. A few sounds from the kitchen area get my attention. I finish up and zip my pants. Slowly I start walking to the kitchen. Upon reaching the kitchen area I stick to the wall and put my face towards the kitchen doorway.

"WHOSE THERE!" I shout into the kitchen area.

I hear someone jump and something hit the floor.

"Jeez dude you didn't have to scare the crap out of me." Said Gilda.

"Gilda? How'd you get in here?" I say confusedly.

"Oh that, well I told the front desk that I was your girlfriend and they gave me a key. I thought I would come in and make us some coffee." She says. "Do you know where a towel would be?"

"Yeah there should be one in the closet in that direction." I say pointing to my left which I think is back towards the bathroom.

She starts walking away with soft clicking and thuds which are her paws and claws.

"What fell?" I ask into the dark.

"What?" She says from somewhere else.

I wait for her to walk back and ask again.

"Oh yeah that was one of the plastic coffee cups. I said I was making us coffee." She says as she walks past me her tail brushing past my arm.

"Ah cool, Dani what time is it!" I yell into the other room.

"/It is 7:47am.\" Says my phone from the bedroom.

"Ah cool about 40 minutes until I need to be at the University." I say to myself out loud. "Hey Gilda do you have anything to do today?"

"Uh, actually no I don't." She says sounding a bit nervous.

"You alright?" I ask her.

"Y-yes. Lets just say I don't have a job so normally I just hang out." She says continuing being nervous.

"Whoa, you don't have a job? How do you get money?" I ask starting to feel bad.

"Lets just say my parents were rich and I inherited all of both of their things when they passed away." She says to me getting a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Oh, uh then how about you come with me to my class this morning?" I ask her quickly trying to change the subject from something that obviously makes her sad.

"Alright, Lets start heading out." She says.

I agree with her. I gather my things from around the room. My phone was still on the night stand. I grabbed it and shoved into my left front pocket. My wallet was right next to it (the only reason I really need it is because my ID is in it) I put it in my right front pocket. I look for my suitcase and pull out a shirt and put it on. We just sit and talk after I am ready. After a few minutes we go to leave the rooms.

"Wait there's something off about your clothes." She says to me.

I tilt my head to the side and ask "What's wrong with them?"

"Hmmm, Oh I know your shirt is backwards." She says in an enlightened tone.

I face palm and fix my shirt.I can't believe I did it again....at least Gilda caught it instead of one of my students. We head out into the hall way and down the hall to the main desk area.

"It's the local branch of the Terra Natural University, right?" She asks me.

"Yep, it sure is. Maybe they will keep me for a few years if they think I'm good." I say in an optimistic way.

"Maybe. Wana get there fast?" She asks me in a sort of devious way.

"Sure are we going to take a carriage or something?"

"Hehe nope just follow me." She says grabbing the end of my stick and leading me outside.

"So how are we going to get the-HEY WHOA WHAT?" She had let go of my stick and gotten behind me. She Ducked down and went under me so my butt was around her back behind her wings.

"Just sit down you dork. I'm going to fly us there." She says confidently.

I comply with what she says but am very nervous. She then has me lean forward and hook my hands around her neck, but not tight enough to choke her. She tells me I'll be fine and tenses up her legs. Suddenly she jumps and starts flapping her wings. I am definitely scared but this is also fun. We continue up for about a minute then we are flying steady for a few minutes. Soon I start to feel her banking in a loose curve downward. I feel us going down in my stomach. It is so amazing the feeling of flying even if I can't see it. We eventually land on the ground. I carefully let go of her and try to stand up but end up falling backwards because my legs just don't want to support me.

"You alright, I didn't scare ya did I?" She says in a kind of mocking voice.

"YA.... BUT THAT WAS TOO AWESOME FOR ME TO EVEN CARE!" I say finally showing my excitement. "IS FLYING ALWAYS LIKE THAT?!"

"HEHEHE Ya it's awesome isn't it?" She says with a confident tone. "Anyway were here."

I go to get up off the ground and as I do she extends her claw to me to help me up. After I am standing up I lean down and place a quick kiss on her claw. She takes her claw back and keeps quiet for a few minutes.

"AHEM, want to go in now?" I ask her to bring her back from wherever she went.

She grabs my stick again and leads me up the steps and into the building. I'm so proud of myself I only tripped once. We then walk into the halls that contain the class rooms.

"It should be lecture room number 56." I tell her.

we eventually reach the room and I she opens the door it gives a kind of whining screech. There was talking going on on the other side. Gilda grabs my stick again and leads me into the room. Upon entering the cocky voiced female from yesterday yells out.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE GILDA!"

Author's Note:

I hope you all like the new chapter. Also am I getting any better with details and describing what he feels?