• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 1,589 Views, 40 Comments

Shards of the Truth - Disciple of Chrysalis



The King of the Crystal Empire has a daughter and this is her life story

  • ...
0
 40
 1,589

Chapter 9: Enough!

Shard pushed herself upward, she felt drowsy from sleep, but it didn't last as long as it usually would, which was just plain strange. She slid out of the bed and pushed open the door of the bedroom, to be confronted by someone she never expected, Tarandrus. "Well, well, well, look who made a speed recovery" he said and Shard didn't understand what he meant, but then she noticed something, she had opened the door with her supposedly broken leg. "Yes, it hasn't been as painful recently" she said, glad for the smallest bit of tiredness in her voice that probably sounded like sarcasm to him.

Tarandrus scowled "Watch your tongue mare, your lucky you haven't been kicked out yet" he said vehemently as if she owed him, ya right. "But my tongue makes up the majority of my personality" she said in mock offense and now Tarandrus looked angrier then ever "I've had enough of your insolence you little bitch" he said loudly and he raised a hoof and moved to strike her, but Shard quickly flicked her head and heard a sick crack and Tarandrus scream in pain.

Shard had no idea why he had screamed til she felt a warm liquid trickle down her face, she stepped backwards and Tarandrus screamed again. She saw his hoof was bleeding and she realized she had stabbed his hoof. "You little bitch, i'm going to kill you" he screamed and lunged at her. She jumped backwards and wisely avoided his antlers, which were lowered toward her. Shard saw him walking forward on an injured hoof, she looked for the nearest and safest escape.

She saw there was enough space between Tarandrus and the door for her to land and run, she decided it was the only escape and she quickly spread her wings, scaring Tandrus for a second and Shard used that time to leap over him and run out the door and into the snow. She looked all around, trying to decide which way would lead her to safety, but her secondary hesitation gave Tarandrus enough time to ram her while she wasn't looking.

Shard gasped as the antlers dug into her flesh, it was extra-ordinarily painful and she toppled to the ground, meanwhile, Tarandrus placed a hoof on her side triumphently "See here my villager, this is what happens when you disobey the chief" he yelled to the growing crowd. Shard looked into the crowd and saw Nix, starring at her with terrified eyes, those eyes gave her the push she needed. Tarandrus kept gloating while Shard gathered her breath, she pulled in as much air as she could hold and prepared to shout.

"ENOUGH!"

Shard pushed her wings out with so much force that when they struck Tarandrus in the face, it caused him to step away in shock and confusion. She pulled herself to her feet and glared at the startled reindeer "I've had enough of you, you bucking ass" she said vehemently "I challenge you to The Battle of Chiefs". "How do you know about that" he said, surprised she even knew about the challenge, but Shard didn't answer his question, merely put herself into a fighting position.

Tarandrus began to laugh now "Looks like the bitch wants to die with honor, very well, lets begin" he said and without warning, charged her with antlers lowered, but Shard was prepared. She jumped out of the way and to his side, effectively ruining his attack, she then pushed him down and he went down with a loud thud. He looked at her surprised and he stood up at that point, he now looked extremely angry now "You bucking bitch, I'll kill you" he yelled and he ran at her again, this time swinging his head wildly.

Shard couldn't jump to the side now so she jumped over his swinging head and with slammed her hoofs down on his back, he quickly fell, but once again, he stood almost straight away. Now he looked beyond the point of anger and Shard saw something extremely disturbing in his eyes. Shard kept herself standing tall and her stance aggressive, but Tarandrus had size on his side and if he stuck her full on with those horns, she could easily die. He ran at her, head swinging again and Shard once again, leaped, but Tarandrus stood onto his hindlegs and slammed his head into her stomach, making her tumble in the air and hit the ground hard.

Shard lay on her back and before she could even stand up, Tarandrus was there pressing his uninjured hoof against her ribs "You. Die. Now" he said and began to push down on her ribs, it hurt incredibly, but Shard refused to cry out, but she squirmed wildly. "No" she screamed and she, quicker then even she could see, bucking him in the face and she heard and awful cracking and Tarandrus fell backwards, the snow around his face turning blood red.

Shard flipped over and looked at the dead body of Tarandrus, she didn't want to kill him, merely chase him away, this was too much. She was panting and tears slid down her face and the crowd around her were silent, unable to comprehend what had just happened, Shard fell to her knees, she hid her face between her legs and cried softly.

Shard suddenly felt a large shape press against her side, she raised her head to see Nix looking at her with the most caring eyes Shard had ever seen, she buried her face in his side and began to let out muffled sobs. "Shard" he whispered and she lifted her head and his expression was serious "Your our leader now, you have defeated the chief, now his position falls on your shoulders" he said in a quiet whisper and Shard looked at the crowd around her, all looked like they were waiting for something.

No, this was too much, no. Maybe this was her destiny, she had been being groomed for leadership and her combat abilities were good according to Luna, maybe. Shard heard at that moment, a slight sound, it sounded light and enchanting, she looked to its source and saw her flank glowing. She, the Princess of the Crystal Empire, was finally getting a cutie mark.