• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 1,584 Views, 40 Comments

Shards of the Truth - Disciple of Chrysalis



The King of the Crystal Empire has a daughter and this is her life story

  • ...
0
 40
 1,584

Chapter 10: The Play that Almost Killed Celestia

The theater was silent as the actor ponies moved across the stage, their movements were graceful and swift, except for the old woman who moved slowly towards the daughter who had been lost to her. The two mares on stage sobbed and almost crushed each other in their grips and on the balcony above two mares sat, a white and rainbow maned mare, adorned with the finest of jewelry and a dark and shadowy mare with a star filled mane, adorned similarly. The curtain fell as the hidden band ended the song and the audience clapped. A tear slid down Luna's face as she smiled and clapped, but Celestia neither clapped nor smiled, only cried. Luna noticed and turned to her sister, concerned "Tia, are you ok?, TIA!" she exclaimed and Celestia collected herself at that moment of her sisters concern "I'm- I'm fine, lets go" Celestia said and left her sister, flying back to their palace home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna sat in her chambers, examining the orb on the pedestal, once again she was examining the future of Shard and the future had shifted again, this time she still ruled and was covered in a multitude of scar, but Luna had trouble believing the surroundings. Shard looked sullen, different from the daring and happy expression she usually wore and she was in a different setting, it was the Throne Room and Shard was placed on the throne, surrounded by Reindeer and Ponies; it was an coronation and Celestia's tiara was being placed on her head. Luna was distressed, what had happened, why was it so different.

She changed the one whos future she view and the orb went smoky black, like it was filled with smoke and thats when it struck her, she couldn't view her sisters future because it didn't exist. Shard was supposed to lead the Reindeer and Celestia, the ponies, what was happening, she needed to consult her sister on this. She abandoned the orb and quickly exited her room and to the one that belonged to her older sister and she pushed open the door and on the floor was Celestia lying in a pool of her own blood and tears "CELESTIA!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna sat in the waiting room, petrified for the life of her sister was currently on the line, "please be ok" Luna whispered to herself and finally, a pony exited through the large double doors, it was Celestia's doctor. "Doctor, is Celestia going to be alright?" Luna begged and now, the tears finally came, she was truly terrified for her sister's well being. "She's stable, but we're going to monitor for change " he said to Luna, his expression was somber "The knife was embedded deep into her abdomen, but we managed to remove it". "But, well, on her x-rays, we noticed something odd" he said and Luna almost broke into tear once more.

"What?" Luna begged, extremely scared now, "Well, um, her womb was, well, almost destroyed" he said "This is usually sometimes the result of a unicorn's birth and we needed to ask you, did Celestia ever have children?". Luna's jaw dropped "N-NO, she wouldn't do anything like that, would she?" she asked herself and now things from her vision of the future began to make sense, Shard on the throne instead of her, Celestia's disappearance, and Shard's birth around the time of Celestia's return to Canterlot, Shard is Celestia's daughter and Luna's niece. Images were flashing through Luna's mind, she had accidentally accessed her sister's dreams, but it was different, Luna was there, but she had no control this time and thats how Luna realized this wasn't just any dream, it was a memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reflection cried in the hospital bed, she and her child were doomed because she had given birth to Sombra's child and thats why they were to die. She cried, it was a cross between joy that she had a child all her own and sorrow for they were to die by the end of the night. "May I take my daughter home with me?" she asked the doctor, but he only shook his head, too young to leave yet.

Later

Reflection lay on her stomach, bleeding to death, she knew she was going to die tonight and she was now at peace with it, knowing she would be with her daughter soon. Images flooded into her mind now, they were of a beautiful marble palace, a blue mare with a starry mane and an image of herself in the mirror, she was Celestia and she now remembered the moment when she found out she was pregnant in her disguise, she had put a spell on herself knowing that she was going to die after the child was born and when it happened, the spell would be gone and her disguise would melt away, she was herself once again.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter is so short, but I finally got over MAJOR writers block and ya, now you know that Celestia is Shard's mother, if y'all caught all the hints before and guessed it, well then I salute you for your intellect