• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 1,588 Views, 40 Comments

Shards of the Truth - Disciple of Chrysalis



The King of the Crystal Empire has a daughter and this is her life story

  • ...
0
 40
 1,588

Chapter 4: Intervention and Escape

Shard was placing supplies in a saddlebag she'd gotten years ago but had never had a purpose to use it, until now that is. She was placing food she'd picked up from the kitchen on the way to her room, some weapons she had never learned how to use, but better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it, and a great many bits so she wasn't out there broke. She had no idea where she was going, but that didn't really matter because she just needed to go, maybe go into the city, hide among the citizens, and maybe get her Cutie Mark while shes at it.

She got the bag on her back, trotted over to the door and pushed it open, only to be confronted by a large green stallion with a blue green mane, his eyes were a rich amber and his cutie mark was of a grey wolf in a battle stance, his talent was fighting animals. "Jade!" she cried and wrapped her forelimbs and wings around the stallion, who returned the gesture "Hey Shard" he said. They left each others embrace and stepped back, Shard smiled "Hey Jade, i'm kinda busy right now, can I catch ya later" she said and tried to step around him, but he blocked her, his expression was serious "Shard, I know what your up to and I can't let you go" he said and began to push her back into her room, but she didn't budge and inch "Why not?" she said, watching him straining to move her, she inherited her fathers strength.

Jade stopped trying to push her and stepped back "Sombra knows that your planning to leave and ordered everyone in the castle to stop you, please just comply, I couldn't stand if you got hurt" he said and once again tried to pus her back, but to no avail. "How did he find out?" she asked, but she didn't get a response, only more pushing. Shard was starting to get annoyed by her coltfriend "Let me by" she said and for a second Jade faltered, but only for a second and then he continued to push, but now Shard was beginning to move a little. She reared backwards and Jade flew backwards into her room by the sudden movement and Shard began to walk down the hall, towards the entrance to the palace.

Shard saw a number of guards, guarding the stairs that lead to the door, but Shard didn't care, she just kept walking. The guards saw her and pulled together to form a wall and this truly angered Shard, she saw in the center was Lord Graceling and Shard knew who her target was. She stopped a little distance away from the guards "Move, Now" she said and the wall wavered a bit, but it pulled itself back together in seconds "Princess, you know we can't do that" Lord Graceling spoke and Shard wasn't having any of that. She made her horn glow brighter til all the white of it was gone and it was pure red and now some of the guards seemed scared "Move!" she yelled and some guards actually moved and Shard exploited this before they could fix themselves.

She charged the line and some guards fled, but the rest that didn't move or flee stood steadfast, but she could see they were nervous. Lord Graceling stepped forward and extended his spear, but before Shard impaled herself on it, she leaped and spread her wings, flying down the stairs and out the door. When she was outside, the harsh light of day, she shielded her eyes with her wings and ran down the road, maybe she could find her grandmother from her mothers side, but that was something for later, right now she had to run.

There was shouting behind her and Shard saw a number of guards chasing her which made her want to run more, so she ran down the seemingly endless streets and then the streets ended and turned into open fields of green, but the guards were still chasing her so she couldn't stop. She saw in the distance what appeared to be an arch made from crystal, but she couldn't admire it right now, she just had to lose the guards and at last her eyes were used to the light and Shard took a chance, she flew. There weren't many fliers in the Crystal Empire and apparently none were members of the guard because the had stopped ans Shard laughed for victory was hers when she saw it.

It was a large black cloud rising from the palace and the only thing that identified it as her father were the toxic red and green eyes and the horn. She saw it was approaching her at an unnatural rate and Shard picked up the pace, flapping frantically to escape. Shard wasn't paying attention to what was ahead and she felt like she'd just went from being in a warm bath to a tub of ice and what she once saw as her home was just a blue force field. She just exited the Crystal Empire and flown into the frozen arctic outside and she saw the black cloud exit the empire and fly around frantically, trying to find her, but she at this distance and thanks to her coat, looked like nothing more then a snowflake, but things never get to be simple for her.

Sombra turned in her direction and Shard saw his eyes zero in "I'm alright, he can't tell its me at this distance" she said to herself, but when he began to go towards her, she realized she had seen him. Shard flew at speeds she'd never known she could fly at and all the while she was trying to figure out how her father had seen her and then it struck her, her tail. While her mane and coat were a beautiful white, her tail was a bright, fluorescent, and highly noticeable orange. Shard saw Sombra was almost upon her when it all happened so suddenly, the was a brief flash of dark blue and then a bright, almost stellar light struck Sombra and he was blasted back to the Empire and Shard saw her savior, she was a dark blue mare with a lighter shade of blue mane and tail that moved almost like water, she was built like Shard, but this mare was much more elegant. The mare turned to her and winked and Shard caught a glimpse of her Cutie Mark, it was a pure black patch of the night sky with a white crescent moon and Shard knew who her savior was, Princess Luna or Equestria.

Shard was about to fly over to thank Luna for saving her, but she was gone, but there was a piece of parchment floating there, unaffected by wind or snow, it read "I saw your plight Princess Shard and I came to help, but do not take this as an act of friendship for your kingdom is no friend of ours". Shard read it a flew more times before shoving it into her bag, she knew where she needed to go now, to Equestria, not only to properly thank Luna, but also to enlist Equestria's aid in the freedom of her people.