• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 4,472 Views, 104 Comments

Greyscale - Zoom zoom



Rainbow Dash X You story as you try to hide the truth from her about your colorblindness

  • ...
12
 104
 4,472

Chapter 10 (unedited or extended)

You were starting to think Rainbow had planned this all along. The house felt like it was booby trapped everywhere. Springs popped out with boxing gloves attracted in the bathroom, and somehow despite not seeing a hole it was still a dribble glass. Needless to say your patience was waring as thin as the air in Rainbow's lungs as she laughed at each of these.

"Okay," she finally stammered, "I think you got them all."

"Joy," you dead panned opening the fridge to look for some food. This time your body was back to normal and you saw the pie spring coming so you darted your hoof out to hold it down while you looked around. You'd actually rather have the pie but considering your own plans it wouldn't do. Instead you grabbed a daisy sandwich on a plate that looked like only two bites were taken and held it out.

"Can I have this?" You asked, "I'm starving."

Confused, Rainbow flew up behind you. "What happened to the-"

At that moment you released the pie and it soared up and smashed right into Rainbow's face. She fell back as the bits of pie flew past from the force. With that you chuckled and took a bite of your sandwich. "Now are we done?"

Rainbow laughed again taking it like a good sport, "yeah that was the real last one. but I better take a shower and wash this out before I get all sticky. No peeking in on me Kay?"

You blushed at that but kept strong to a retort, "Well, at least now I know what your real plan was." Her coat notably turned a bit darker at that, but she said nothing as she trotted upstairs where the shower must be.

This gave you the chance to look around while she freshened up.

You were not stupid. Many a mare had used tricks like this to get one night stands out of you, and if Rainbow was after that you'd normally indulge.

However, in the back of you mind were Cheerilee's words. How you could blow up at Rainbow any moment. It was of course tempting to do so when all these pranks were being pulled, but at the same time you knew it was all in good fun. Rainbow didn't deserve to be yelled at for something that wasn't her fault.

Undoing your eye patch, you closed your right eye again to allow your left to be used free. As expected it was all white sans the green that must have been Tank and a big Rainbow blob that a quick swap showed was a fountain that likely did nothing but make mini Rainbows. You'd seen similar items though not this small before.

"My mom got me that as a house warming present to remind me of her and my dad."

You turned to see rainbow rubbing the inside of her ear with her towel. She was still a bit wet. "That was fast."

"Fastest mare in Equestria remember?"

"Ah, I forgot."

"Well you were being such a gentlecolt I figured I shouldn't linger."

"Well I didn't really have time to consider it."

Rainbow chuckled at that and tossed the towel at you, "Remind me after work one of these days to show you what I'm like at top speed. I am the only one able to make a sonic rainboom."

"I've seen it already," you remarked without thinking.

"Really?"

Crap, you had to cover this quick. Well, the best lies stem from truth right? "I was just a colt back then. Some filly managed it while I was playing with my friends in the fields around Ponyville."

"That was me!" She exclaimed, "wasn't it the most specular thing you've ever seen?"

"Never seen a bigger spectacle," you agreed shakily.

"Well that one was just a fluke," she explained. "I've mastered and improved it since. I'll show you next time we get a free day since it will knock your socks off I'm sure."

"Sure," you agree chuckling nervously.

Author's Note:

I actually wanted to get this out before the end of the week in full. but work and family have stopped that. So have some small writings.

I'm going to have to fix this and chapter 9 before I continue but it will apparently take a bit as I try to finish Cog since it's far closer to ending than this and I want on of these to end by the end of the year.

Comment on anything you feel I have to add, as well as if you think I should have anything involving "Sleeping arrangements" next chapter since after the next chapter I'll finally bring this story into the final act.