• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 4,470 Views, 104 Comments

Greyscale - Zoom zoom



Rainbow Dash X You story as you try to hide the truth from her about your colorblindness

  • ...
12
 104
 4,470

Chapter 11

The rest of the day went much smoother. Rainbow had insisted the storm was going to go on for just four more hours when you brought up sleeping arrangements. After the two of you shared some leftovers she had for lunch and played some video games to pass the time, you were “volunteered” to make dinner. Really it was you just stemming some veggies and pan frying some Broccoli for yourself while Rainbow went off to read a Daring Do novel. You still made enough of both for each of you just in case for leftovers anyway.

“When we’re done eating you wanna go another round at Ready 2 Rumble U?” Rainbow surprisingly had the underselling council that most only got for little kids because she wasn’t big on sitting around that much. You guessed it was more because it was the only system that would carry those games about the Fluffy Pony trying to change the heart of an evil queen by stopping her constant invasions since she seemed to have every one of those games, but you were not brave enough to call her out on it.

“Nah,” you called back finishing up and making sure it would be easier to clean the dishes when you were done eating. “Don’t you have any board games or something? I’ll probably stand a chance against you better if I played something a little more luck based.”

In truth it was more because video games usually didn’t agree with you. Because some were built around ponies that could see color, most of the tells in action games like the ones you played today were hard on you. It’s actually the reason you never bothered with anything besides the original Joyboy even though non-action games usually didn’t have this faultier. Still even with that handicap Rainbow was actually quite good at all the games even when she didn’t have the advantage of seeing other tells like in the single player of Ready 2 Rumble when you tried it out to learn the game.

“Dang it,” she cried back along with a quite audible facehoof. “I forgot all mine at Twilight’s. I don’t usually have ponies over and she didn’t have any when she first got to Ponyville so I left all of mine with her to play at her house. What about ‘Pandamar and Blaze in the Equestria Games at the Crystal Empire’? I didn’t get a chance to really try that out yet so you got as much of a chance as I do.”

“That sounds fine,” you answered setting up the plates and avoiding asking why it was such a long as hell name. “Food’s on!”

The food wasn’t exactly great. You were no master chief and even something this simple still had its issues as Rainbow so kindly pointed out during the meal.

“How the heck did you burn carrots when you steam them?” It was a fair point. It still hurt a bit since you had tried to keep a good eye on it but alas your poor skills could not outlast you.

“Just be glad you can eat it,” you said showing a have blackened piece of Broccoli. It was the best you had to know when it was done since you didn’t really know the timing of how long to cook these things. It was half the reason you agreed to have Noteworthy as a roommate. Say what you will about the colt and his various issues and currently manageable addiction, but the damn guy knew how to cook. “Don’t forget it was you’re idea to have me cook even though I warned you I’m not that good.”

“Next time I’ll keep in mind you even humble yourself on how much you fail too then,” she responded. Still she kept eating it, even if it was full of complaints. That meant on some level it must have been better than whatever she had in mind otherwise. That gave you a little solace.

That was quickly lost however when you opened the door getting ready to leave and looked down. As you had guessed before the storm really didn’t let up yet despite what Rainbow had insisted. Still it wasn’t as bad so you’d be able to get home well enough.

“You know you could sleep over if you wanted,” Rainbow stated drawing out the ‘could’ as much as possible. She was quick to double back, “I mean if you really wanted to.”

“I don’t know,” You stated, “I mean it’s a small town and you are my boss and all. I don’t wanna give pony’s the wrong idea. It could hurt your chances with anypony either of us get our eyes on in the future if they think we have some kind of relationship. Especially after that incident during the party.”

“Wait so you do remember that?” Rainbow asked, “I thought you said you didn’t remember much of that party.”

“Well not details,” you corrected scratching the back of your head. “I figured since I didn’t remember everything that happened it was better to give you a way to not discuss it. Experience has taught me girls and guys aren’t that different when it comes to things like that.”

“Well that’s just dumb. Besides, everypony in town knows me. I don’t pick my partners unwisely. I’m too good of a catch for any one pony to handle anyway.” Truly she is just like Lightning. “Anyway, you gonna stay over or not? Last chance, though it is just as friends obviously.”

“Oh well now you got my hopes up,” say taking her chin and bringing her face close to your own. The key to selling this and getting a girl like her to flush was eye contact. It didn’t work every time, but experience had shown that if it would here.

“W-well if you insist.” Before your play could be outted muzzle had already met muzzle. This could be a problem. A very pleasing problem has you felt a little invader in your mouth, but a problem none the less.

Author's Note:

I may bother extending this when I go back over everything in the end, but for now I thought this was a decent way to move on. The next chapter is going to take place about two weeks later so tell me if I should make some sort of .5 since I'm not sure Rainbow could be that foolish to not notice colorblindness for that long out of a special somepony.

Comments ( 7 )

this chapter was particularly difficult to follow. Incorrect use of words like council instead of console and it seems like there are heaps of missing words. Not to mention the fact that that kiss at the end was incredibly poorly done. Where did that even come from? they went from having a normal friend relationship, then he agrees to stay over and suddenly she's kissing him? Sorry that's just way to forced. I don't feel any connection between these two all I see is Dash and then just 'some colour-blind dude'. Needs some serious work friend.

4141546 Well I only put it out because people have been asking. In truth I'm not in my writing mood at the moment and I knew a lot of this just didn't work compared to last year when the idea was fresh in my mind.

It's actually why the story I'm considering making next is gonna have most of itself fully planned out before I start posting.

But like I said when I do actually get into my "Zone" (IE when I have enough done of the new story of when I finish the fixes I'm doing to "element of hope") I'll come back and try to fix this mess as I think the entire part with Visiting Rainbow's house is just a big flop and needs a full rewrite.

This chapter was more just an out in case when I return I want to move on rather than fix the holes first.

4141566
So you are not going to be working on this for a while?
Why not put it on hiatus then?

To be honest, this chapter does not need that much work. Plot wise it is okay, but the grammer needs work. I just started writing my own story, so maybe you could seen me this and let me fix the grammatical errors?

4141682 feel free to just leave them in the comments then. I'm quite open to having corrections, especially grammar, done on it. This is because my old word perfect software only tells me when it's bad grammar on very easy tells I did on purpose like with Rainbow's dialogue or can't tell me what exactly is wrong with the sentence or paragraph, just that it is wrong.

4141546 While I agree with you, this is still his story.
That said, we also haven't seen rainbow's mind during the end so the next chapter could give us a little information on what rainbow was thinking at the time.

Maybe she loved him for a while but only now got the confidence to admin it.

Also it's 3:30 in the morning here, sorry if I seem a little... rude for lack of a better word.
And with poor grammar.

OMG please please please please please keep updating this, this is one of the most complex fics i've ever read

Login or register to comment